CH 3: FIRST STEP(3)
2.5k 3 43
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days later, out of an airport, three figures wearing black robes could be seen walking out.

The first one was a young teen with golden hair and heterochromatic eyes wearing a black priest robe with large open sleeves, while the one next to him was a little girl of about ten years old wearing a shorter version of the sister robes. Her long blue hair shining under the sun. 

(AN: For Az's robe, think about Alone from saint Seiya's lost canvas. For Xenovia's version, search the robes worn by the little nun in Boku wa Todomachi. She is called Maria)

Behind them, one man was walking while looking around them. He was rather vigilant. After all, the two he was escorting were rather important. 

The man was a tall black-haired man who appeared to be in his late-20s. He was wearing priest vestments and had a black beard. Despite his clothes, his body shape was clearly that of someone who trained regularly

This group gathered the stare of everyone at the airport. Some even wondered if they were a group of stars or models. After all, they were all of European descent and as such a little taller than the average Japanese. 

The most eye-catching was without a doubt, Az, as with his somewhat feminine but handsome features he was an eye candy for most women and even for some men.

Frankly, if his interests in a relationship were greater, he would have transformed all the sisters in his own personal harem. But, even though he could appreciate the beauty of a woman's body, love wasn't his main interest for the time being.

Az was walking with dignity without caring about the gazes gathering on him, compared to the heated gazes he received from the women when he went out of the church, and even in the church, the present gazes were nothing, only a little bit ticklish.

He looked at the little next to him who was curiously looking around, and patted her head,

"Xenovia, stop acting like that, those people might not know it, but we are representing the church. We must always act with dignity even if we are in a foreign land. Understood?"

Xenovia blushed a little before nodding her head, a serious expression on her face. Though, since she was just a ten years old girl this serious expression of her looked cuter than anything.

Despite that, Az didn't mock her. Xenovia was one of the kids he had under his guards. He wanted to change the church, he wanted to change the world. But such changes were impossible with the older generations. Even his master, Vasco Strada despite his strength and kindness, was too deep in his way. 

As such, he decided to form a new generation of exorcists under him. Xenovia, who was trained as the heir of Durandal was one of the cornerstones of his plan.

A bitter smile appeared on his faces as he stopped looking at her,

(I am really a bastard)

To think that he would only treat such a young girl as a tool? Did he fall this low? He looked once again at the little girl who gave her all to keep a serious expression despite her clear curiosity, his heart softened at this sight,

"Xenovia, once we leave the airport we will stop somewhere to eat. I was always curious about Japanese food. What about you?"

You would think he said he would give her the world with how wide her smile become as she said,

"YES!!!"

Now that he finished with Xenovia, he put his attention back to the situation in front of him,

"Diethelm, how is the situation here? Did you call Shidou Touji?"

He didn't turn to address the man behind him. He wasn't happy about being chaperoned, but he knew it was a necessity. After all, no matter how mature he was, he was only 14 years old. What kind of adult would let a 14 years old boy and a 10 years old girl who never left their city board a plane alone?

The man behind him, Diethelm Waldseemuller was a very competent exorcist, whose sacred gear was a very rare healing type. So he couldn't really complain.

Diethelm answered with a deep but gentle voice,

"Your highness. The Japanese branch was already alerted of our coming. Kuo town representative, Shidou Touji was warned and should welcome us personally."

"Hm…"

Az hummed simply without speaking, he was really curious about the events and the cause behind it. After all reading à report and being told the event directly were different. As such having the representative come would make things easier,

"What about the five clans? I heard that their control over Japan was rather tight and that they didn't really welcome us?"

"Since we are on an official visit, the heads of the clans had no reason to stop us from coming. Not that they could have even if they wanted. Still, their reactions were rather mixed. It seems like an event happened in the Himejima clan as such they didn't have the time to bother with us. What more, the mages of Oz also infiltrated Japan."

Az tilted his head in wonder,

"Japan is really a country full of mysteries. So many events happening at the same time. Anyways. We will see. I plan to stay here for a rather long time. At least it won't be boring"

Diethelm knew that the young man wasn't talking to him, as such he didn't bother answering. Still, deep down he agreed with his opinion, Japan was really an interesting country. 

After this discussion, Az stayed silent. He seemed to be mulling something. The other two didn't talk about either. 

Diethelm because he was silent and taciturn by nature and Xenovia because she was simply thinking about what she would get to eat later. She knew Az was usually stingy with money, but he was always indulgent with her.

This was how this group walked in silence before finally seeing a middle-aged man holding a sign with the words Kuoh town church. 

Next to him, was a little boy? with chestnut-colored shoulder-length hair tied in a ponytail and violet eyes wearing a short and a tank top.

Az recognized the man. After all, he saw his photo before coming. He began to walk in his direction,

The man, Shidou Touji seemingly recognizing them, came and said, he cast a doubtful eye toward Az and Xenovia before addressing Diethelm,

"Hello, I am Touji Shidou, and this is my daughter, Irina. Are you the representative of the Vatican?"

Az didn't take outrage to this slight. In a group formed of one adult and two children, it was easy to misunderstand about who was the leader. 

To tell the truth, he was even happy. It has been a long time since he was treated as a normal child. He also couldn't help but turn a weird glance at the daughter. Thankfully, no one knew about his mistake of taking her for a boy. 

Dielthelm originally wanted to stay silent, but, seeing that, the young man in front of him didn't talk, he understood that he wanted to keep his identity silent and so, decided to answer,

"Hello to you Mister Shidou. I am Diethelm Waldseemuller from the german church, those two in front of him are, Xenovia Quarta an aspirant exorcist from the Vatican and…"

Az stopped Dielthelm and presented himself with a smile, 

"Good morning. I am Geminis Azrael, but you can simply call me Az."

43