CH 5: DISCUSSION (1)
2k 13 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Hya!!" 

"Ah !!!" 

Irina was swinging her sword with enthusiasm while sweat covered her face.

One week ago, when she said that she wanted to learn martial arts, she thought that she would directly learn badass techniques and be awesome and all. But reality was cruel. 

Rather than learning badass techniques, all she did was running and running and running. When she stopped running she either had to swing that sword or repeat some movements with her body. 

The first two days she even cried a little. She even said that she wanted to give up, but, 

She turned to face Az. The way Az looked at her when she said she wanted to give up was really scary but not only that. If it was just scary, she would have still given up

No. It was the faint look of disappointment that really stung her. 

She shook her head and began to swing her sword even harder. Between seeing that look and swinging her sword the choice was rather easy. 

---

Diethelm looked as three children were dutifully swinging wooden swords. Xenovia aside, he was very surprised about how those two kids, Irina and Issei? could still continue such a gruesome training. Or perhaps,

I should be more impressed by his highness abilities? 

He thought as he looked toward the youth who was seated not far from the children and reading another book. 

Frankly, when he was initially given the mission of chaperon and told how important the one he would chaperone was, he was worried that he would have to take care of an arrogant spoiled child. He was very surprised when he saw him face to face. 

His beautiful appearance aside, Azrael was a youth different from most. He was careful in everything he did and seemed to see honor and dignity as something more important than life. 

Diethelm laughed a little as he remembered how many times Azrael tried to correct the bad habits of Xenovia and Irina as he told them to stand straight or not run in the hallway. 

"*Sigh*... It's really peaceful."

It has now been two weeks since they came here, and rather than an investigation, it looked more like a holiday. Not that he would complain. He loved his job and was a true believer. But sometimes taking a break feels great.

It was when he was thinking how great those holidays were that he saw Azrael walk toward him. His heterochromatic eyes piercing his very soul, 

"Diethelm, you should call Mr. Shidou. I think it's time we begin to talk~ Xenovia, Irina, Issei. This is enough for today. Stretch a little and go take a rest."

After that, without waiting for an answer from either Dielthelm or the children, he entered the home and began to walk toward the library. 

Diethelm looked up toward the sky as he released a sigh, 

"Well, it seems like the leisure time is coming to an end."

----

Toji Shidou couldn't help but fidget a little while following Diethelm. During the two weeks, since they came, he had been wondering if he was to receive a punishment or something like that.

Frankly, he would have loved to be punished. Since that day, he didn't know what to do. Every night, he would dream of what had happened and ask himself if his decision was really right. If he could have done better. 

Now it seemed like Diethelm would give his judgment. At least he thought so when Diethelm suddenly stopped right in front of the library.

"Mr Shidou. You can enter. I won't follow you."

He looked questioningly at Diethelm but still proceeded to open the door. The moment he did so, he was immediately hit by an incredible pressure. It was as if he wasn't entering his own library but rather a lion den.

What kind of bigshot entered my home?

He began to feel a little fear, but he steeled himself and entered, after all, pressure was something that followed all exorcists during their work. Still, he was really surprised by the one who greeted him.

The one who was releasing this kind of pressure was no one else than Azrael. The boy who came with the little Xenovia.

The light in the room was rather dim, adding to the already eerie atmosphere. In the center of the room, on an armchair, was seated Azrael. 

He was wearing his usual black robe, and was seated with his leg crossed and his head rested on his hand covered in golden sleeves. No emotions could be seen in his gaze as he looked at him. It was as if in the boy's eyes, his mere existence was nothing more than a pebble on the road.

He always saw the boy as a kind and rather a taciturn one who seemed to like children very much. But right now, as he gazed into those deep eyes, he lowered his head in shame, like he wasn't even worthy of breathing the same air as the boy in front of him.

 He feels like he was in the face of a king. The pressure was so great that anyone less experienced than him would have kneeled in submission. Thankfully, The situation lasted only for a short a while before he heard,

"Hello, Mr Shidou. Let's have a talk shall we?"

45