CH 16: A WEAPON (2)
1.3k 4 45
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Azrael groaned as he woke up. When he looked around him, only ruins and devastation could be sighted. He sighed a little as he got up with shaky legs

“Thankfully, I put up a barrier. Otherwise, everything in this house would have been blasted. Still, the result is less than I thought.”

This was what he thought before he raised his head and looked at the ceiling. He was immediately left speechless.

“Hum *Ahem*..Seems like I talked too soon.”

It was normal for him to have a headache. After all, right now, there was a very large circular hole in the ceiling. He could even clearly see the sky and the stars.

“Ok, let’s ignore this for now.”

He stopped paying attention to all the damage. Just thinking about how much he would have to pay pained his heart greatly.

“Thankfully, everything was worth it.”

He looked at the case. It was the only place free of destruction. Right now, in that case, the ball still laid but had changed from gold to onyx black..

He stretched his hand to touch it. This time, there was no lightning. He finally grabbed it and began to lift it.

‘Heavy!!’

He could feel the weight. But, it wasn’t more than he could handle. It was just perfect. Neither too heavy nor too light.

This weapon was simply made for him. Even more so since he knew that it wasn’t simply a ball. 

“Now, I need to finish the pact.”

He held the dark ball tightly before beginning to pour his holy power in it.

Weirdly, rather than the normal gold, a grey aura began to cover his body and slowly enter the ball. Despite such an occurrence, Azrael didn’t seem surprised in the least.

 

This operation lasted for a short while, before,

*Whoosh*

The ball vanished in an explosion of light. Then, *Argh* he groaned as a terrible sensation of pain suddenly filled his body, as if he was losing a part of his soul before being filled with another one. 

Thankfully, this sensation of pain didn't last long. Once it stopped. He found that a sort of new awareness was in his mind. While a red insignia formed on the back on his hand. 

He looked at the insignia with curiosity. This insignia was composed of three tattoos. Two of them looked like two outstretched wings while the third one in the middle looked like the blade of a spear. 

It was a very beautiful design. As he looked at them, words formed on his lips as he entered in a trance.

"Bring them eternal rest. [EVERMILLION].

When those words sounded, he could feel his energy being sucked by this insignia. Then, once it seemed satisfied, a flash went and what stood in his hand wasn’t a ball, but a spear. This time though. The weight wasn't as perfect. 

‘Too Heavy!!!’

It feels too heavy. No. It was more as if something was grinding in his heart. As if the connection between was weakened. 

It didn't take long for him to understand. 

----FLASHBACK START 

"When you hold me, you must be filled with justice. But what is justice? Justice is a subjective feeling and my justice is death. Do not brandish me if you do not have the resolve to kill. The more powerful your desire to kill, the stronger you’ll become." 

------FLASHBACK END

"Justice. So because I didn't summon you with the desire to kill. You refuse to let me use you. Really a capricious weapon. *Sigh* could you at least take your human form?" 

{Yes} 

The moment he said those words, the spear began to heat up considerably. Then, after releasing it from his hand, a soft light emanated from it as it slowly changed form. 

He couldn't help but anticipate it. Her appearance was still branded in his mind. But, when the transformation was finished,

"A panther?" 

What stood in front of him wasn't a scantily clad beautiful woman, but rather a beast. More precisely a black panther. 

(AN: It isn’t a marvel reference. Lol)

The panther looked at him before cutely tilting her head to the side. She couldn't understand why her master showed such a disappointed expression. 

45