The Unexpected Night
60 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A night with only silence.

The round moon was hanging high and stars filled the sky. A young man in golden clothes stood with his hand behind his back and he was looking up into the night sky. Beside him stood a youth with a godly appearance and a sly smile, a sword hanging behind his back, ready to annihilate souls at spur of a moment.

Bright moon light shone down from the sky and cold wind whistled. The whistling of the cold wind made loud noises but the snow was falling faster. And Yun Feng currently stood on a mountain top with Li Wei standing by his side. Both of them sped up, crossing over one valley to another, the snowfall getting heavier and heavier as they traveled.

Within a serene and secluded valley, remote from any civilization, and with the cold winter, there were rarely any trace of footprint, and only quietness in the area. Both of them quickly faded away into the heavy snow. The color of the sky was getting darker. Yun Feng who was leading at the front of the road suddenly came to a halt.

Have we finally arrived? Seeing Yun Feng suddenly stop, Li Wei's eyes flickered with a radiance as he impatiently asked.

"Yeah!" Yun Feng nodded his head; his eyes contained a trace of excitement. He used his finger and pointed towards the mountain top ahead and said: "It's just at the front."

Just ahead of them stood a golden palace on the peak of a mountain, where an enormous amount of Imperial wealth was stored. The palace was heavily guarded by tens of thousands of Imperial City experts. All of them were half-kneeled as if waiting for some command.

"Ha-Ha, I, Yun Feng, have arrived." Yun Feng laughed loudly as he walked towards the side of Li Wei and extended his arm seemingly wanting to have a brotherly hug. Li Wei, too, laughed happily and spread out his arms.

One step, two steps, three steps, Li Wei walked towards Yun Feng and between the laughter in his eyes suddenly flashed a cold glint. The hands that were supposed to embrace Yun Feng suddenly flashed with a dim white light.

This was the infamous devil's sword of Li Wei.

Bang!

The sudden change happened too suddenly, Yun Feng could not even react to it and was already hit by a great amount of force and pushed to the back, falling down from the summit and leaving a big human shaped imprint on the thick accumulated snow.

Li Wei's sneak attack on Yun Feng made him sustain injuries in a flash.

Pop!

A mouthful of fresh blood was spit out by Yun Feng, causing his complexion to turn deathly pale.

YOU!

Yun Feng looked towards Li Wei, wanting to say something but at that moment, Li Wei's eyes flickered with a cold glint and moved towards Yun Feng while circulating the physical power within his body as he used his palm to hit his chest.

Pop!

A sound similar to air being torn echoed out. Yun Feng's vessels suffered damage and his body got crippled. His internal organs were ruptured as he vomited a mouthful of blood.

Fast, it all happened just too fast. It was so fast that Yun Feng did not even have the chance to react all.

After Li Wei sneak attacked Yun Feng, he quickly added another blow to him, which then crippled him and while all of this happened, Yun Feng was only able to say a single word, You.

Yun Feng coughed out a big mouthful of blood, in his eyes, as he was about to die, only dejection could be seen. Years of hard work and bitter cultivation of Martial Arts all got destroyed just like this. He was no different from a crippled person right now.

Yet the person who crippled him was his childhood friend, his sworn brother!

The previous viciousness and mercilessness on Li Wei's face suddenly diminished as a bit of guilt and shame appeared as he said softly: Yun Feng, you must not blame me.

Why? Why? For what reason?

Yun Feng collapsed on the ground; his eyes filled with despair after being shocked that this happened. He did not believe that, Li Wei, the person who he had viewed as his very own brother had plotted against him.

"Because he wants to rise in power."

Just at this moment, a voice suddenly appeared from below the peak of the mountain. This voice was brandished into the memories of Yun Feng and was recognized instantly. The mighty Imperial King arrived from the shadows.

"You both wanted to kill me, and plunder my wealth. Well This is called one may know a person for a long time without understanding his true nature and also called incautious in making friends! You got played by your own sworn brother."

Li Wei's guilty expression had already become tranquil, and he said indifferently: "You must not blame me. Originally, I wanted to cooperate with you and kill this dog-shit emperor and plunder his wealth and divide that equally. And use that wealth to buy resources and enter the Top Martial Arts clans of the world but this emperor promised me 80% of his wealth plus the throne of his empire in exchange of his life. Such a huge benefit in exchange for it, I just need you to die. You say, such a huge benefit for me, do you think I will not take the benefit for myself?" Li Wei had an evil grin on his face and eyes.

"I have wrongly trusted you Li Wei!"

"That's right! That's why it is said that in this world, no one can be trusted. Sometimes our kin may even harm you, let alone friends, right Yun Feng? The thing that happened today is just a lesson for you, but sadly for you, you will never have the chance to learn from this lesson anymore!" Li Wei said coldly.

Yun Feng did not say anything. His entire life was already finished because he trusted the wrong person whom he had mistaken as his own brother.

"Li Wei, we are brothers." Yun Feng's heart thoroughly turned as cold as ice and snow as he spoke.
"That's right. Brothers are meant to be betrayed when there's a benefit." Li Wei's eyes had no more mercy but only cold killing intent.

Chi!

A cold light flashed and a short dagger stabbed into the Yun Feng's abdomen, which pierced through his dantian. Dark red blood flew out from his stomach and soaked the clothes.
Yun Feng's eyes suddenly opened wide, a gale of cold wind passed by and his breathing momentarily stopped.

His life force dissipated.

Li Wei indifferently pulled out his dagger and kicked Yun Feng off the summit of the mountain.

"Let's go Emperor!"

Using the snow to wipe away the blood on his dagger, Li Wei turned around and walked down the mountain.

"That's right. Brothers are meant to be betrayed when there's a benefit." That was the only sentence he remembered before Yun Feng lost his consciousness.

3