1.5
331 8 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The players of the game were shocked stiff as they turned to look at Bai Yue, unsure of what the ghost meant by joining her for lunch. Perhaps Bai Yue would be the lunch?!

If Chuntao could hear the thoughts of these people, she'd laugh till she cried before hitting them all upside the head with a rolling pin.

Who could blame these players for having such morbid thoughts? They had been dropped into this place without any explanation other than they had to survive their 'horror scenario'. The only guidance they had in the form of a veteran player had been killed in front of them by a disgruntled ghost, blood splattering on all those who were unfortunate to be standing close.

Their humble group of 20 had quickly dwindled down to an even humbler 6 due to the ghosts of this village. How could they not be wary of any ghost they encountered?

"Miss... Ghost? I'm not particularly sure how I should address you, but what exactly do you mean by having me join you for lunch." Bai Yue finally spoke up, the confusion and concern clear on her face.

Chuntao blinked at her and gazed at them as if they had gone stupid. "Have your senses perhaps gone numb? Can you not smell the food? See it on the table? Maybe terror has made you all stupid?"

The group of players was frozen in surprise by the spirit's cutting words.

"Ah, and calling me..." Oh, Chuntao had forgotten the name of this ghost already. It would probably just be better to just go by her own name then. Since she had taken on her original appearance and all. "Chuntao is just fine. If you'd prefer something more formal you're quite out of luck."

Chuntao couldn't help but give a dimpled smile to the perplexed players as Tiantian continued to shovel the dumplings into her little mouth, having ignored the uninvited guests in favor of eating the delicious food prepared to her heart's content. How such a tiny body could fit so much within it was a mystery, but she seemed to be enjoying herself.

"If you'd like to eat, I recommend you sit down now before Tiantian eats everything. She's taken a great liking to dumplings and I won't be making any more." Chuntao commented, popping a fried dumpling into her mouth and shivering with the satisfying crunch sound it made inside of her mouth.

It was then that the players finally noticed how good it smelled inside of the little home and how hungry they really were. The energy they had spent running away from ghosts had finally caught up to them, and the rest they required was calling out to them with a vengeance. Although this ghost seemed peaceful, if not a bit blunt, but no one knew how it could get if angered. That living doll looked innocent as well, but who knew if its appetite only had dumplings in mind.

Chuntao thought these people thought too much. The dumplings were getting cold and Tiantian was progressively eating more and more of them. Soon, there would be no dumplings at all to enjoy for them.

Bai Yue also noticed this and finally caved, carefully approaching the dining table before sitting down. The smell of the dumplings hit her nose, causing her stomach to grumble loudly as she picked up a dumpling and took a bite out of it.

The whimper she let out caused everyone who was already looking at her with rapt attention to have shadows over their faces, excluding Chuntao who only nodded.

Food is a powerful resource.

[ Congratulations! The Host has finished the task: Have company for lunch. ]

[ I'm alive again. Huzzah. ]

16