Stuck Together
4.6k 80 108
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[ *Kicks door in* I'm alive and so is this story, yay! Not my best work but I gotta get back into it! ]

"Guess we're stuck here until the rain stops..." Okita said, having just gotten off the phone with her parents. It was now official. I was stuck in my home with her and Uehara until the rain stopped and if the growing noise from outside suggested anything, it definitely wasn't stopping any time soon.

Is nothing sacred in this world? I just wanted to eat dinner, take a nice bath, try some singing again, do some light exercise, and then go to bed at a reasonable hour. Or at least try to. Now I was stuck in my home with two people I didn't even want here in the first place and there's no way I could just send them out into the pouring rain.

If I were a worse person I would have considered it.

"It appears so. I suppose the best thing that we can do is wait it out, but the rain doesn't look like it'll stop until tomorrow." I tried not to sound as upset as I was, and I think I did a good job since neither of them commented on my tone of voice.

Uehara looked a bit guilty. "Sorry for imposing on you like this, Saito-sama. I would have left earlier if I knew it would have started to rain so heavily."

"Mhm. I'm sorry too. If I hadn't insisted on us coming over for dinner, we probably wouldn't be in this situation." Okita added, looking a bit guilty herself. They both looked a bit like kicked puppies.

"It's quite alright. The weather is unpredictable and I wouldn't be able to forgive myself if you and Okita-san were stuck out in the thick of it." I reassured Uehara and Okita's with a wave of my hand. "Please, make yourselves at home while you're here. I'll brew some tea and start the bath."

My living space could be taken away but I was going to have my bath if it killed me. Hopefully, it wouldn't. That would be an embarrassing way to go. Much better than getting hit by a train- you know what, I'm getting off-topic.

"Then... then we'll be bothering you for a bit." Uehara stammered out, looking a bit too happy at my reassurances. Then again, this was much better than the kicked puppy appearance so it wasn't that bad.

Okita shook her head frantically. "Saito-chan, you don't need to make any tea for us. Just refrigerated tea is fine."

"Oh, I don't buy premade tea. I prefer making it myself. It's no trouble, really."

That much was true. While store-bought and already made tea was convenient, I didn't particularly like it. Making my own tea every time I want it just tastes much better to me for whatever reason. Plus, it's much cheaper than buying a new bottle of tea every time you run out. It seemed to be the one thing this Saito Azami and I had in common.

Okita looked to still be a bit reluctant but didn't say anything as I disappeared into the kitchen and began heating up some water on the stove. 

Once the tea was steeped and served, I escaped upstairs to start the bath when a question struck me.

Would any of my clothes even fit Okita or Uehara?

After taking a bath, it wouldn't make sense to just put your dirty clothes back on. So they'd have to borrow some of mine. But I don't know their clothes sizes. I could just ask them, it wouldn't be a strange question to ask in this kind of situation.

As hot water and steam continued to fill the bathroom, I couldn't help but think about that. I don't have many pairs of pajamas, but I do have a good supply of sweatpants and shirts. That should work as pajamas. Then again, it's still kind of hot this time of year. Maybe shorts would be better. But I don't own any good pairs of shorts for this kind of weather...

I was shocked out of my thoughts by the feeling of something wet.

"Shit-"

The bath had overflowed and water was escaping all over the floor... And me. I quickly turned off the faucet and carefully stood up so I wouldn't slip on the slicked up floor before escaping from the bathroom with a sigh.

"Guess I'll get to bathe first." I grumbled, going into my bedroom to grab my pajamas and a towel.

"Okita-san, Uehara-san! I'll be using the bath first if you don't mind!"

"Okay!"

"Take your time!"

Well, at least I'd still be getting my warm bath. There's just been some extra steps in getting there. God, I hope there aren't extra steps after.

108