ch21
152 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hoisting himself to his feet treks into the cave which emits a crimson glow.' That must be the fish’  crossing the thresh hold he comes upon a door. Pressing against the door he finds himself in a mossy circular room casting in a soft red glow. Walking farther into the room 

 

Splash 

 

‘That must be why she knew about this place.' Glancing around he spots dozens of tide pools littering the floor of the cave.  ‘The fish has to be here somewhere.’ weaving threw the pools.

 

Splash 

 

Turning toward the sound Asher spots brighter pool on the far side of the cave. ‘ that must be it’ scurrying toward the pool he feels the wind pick up. ‘ okay that those where not here earlier.’ glancing around he’s greeted by a group of will o wisps and fire elementals. 

 

Having drawn his attention the group begins to shoot wind blades and fireballs at him.  Seeing the attacks merge he calls upon his shield  “ Yuki I could use a little help!”   Asher begins beating a steady retreat.  Taking off from Asher’s shoulder. Yuki begins to soot water needles at the fire elementals drawing them away from the wisps. 

 

‘Okay that works’  dropping his shield Asher begins weaving threw the wind blades. Twisting to his leads them toward stray water balls. ‘Okay got to keep their attention while he handles them thinks Asher as the wisp’s healths begin to drop. 

 

Darting toward the closest wisp he stabs it with his spade claiming a sliver of its health. Tucking into a roll he downs a red mist potion while summons his shield. Blocking wind blades he watches as three fire elementals getting drowned by a jet Stream. 

 

Tucking to a roll Asher delivers an upward slash to the closest wisp. Twisting he takes a sweeping slash at three wisps on his right. While sidestepping a torrent of wind blades. Darting toward Yuki he slashes at the fire elemental drawing it into the path of a slew of wind blades. 

 

'Huh, why are there twelve of these now' Thinks Asher squinting at the wisps as he pulls up his shield. As Yuki charges the wisps launching jet stream after jet stream. Racing toward him Asher begins pulling blue mist and red mists from his inventory.

 

Reaching up he plucks Yuki from the air in time to save him from a whiplash. "Here take these do you have something stronger than jet stream?"  passing Yuki the potions. 

 

"Alright then when you’re done with the blue mist lets try that on the tendrils," says Asher receiving a nod. While he advances toward the largest pool weaving threw wind blades. Making it to the pool he releases Yuki from his grip. Flying out to the middle of the pool Yuki begins fourm3ing a ball of water. ‘If that works I’ll give him two full-sized cookies’  

 

As if sensing danger the will o wisps try to block the [ath to the tendril. Floating over the water Yuki releases a devastating wave of water annihilating the will o’ wisps. While dropping the tendril’s health to a  sliver. 'If only they were fire elementals’ he thinks as he drops his shield.  Asher begins slashing at the tendril chipping away the rest of its health.

 

“Alright that’s all of them here Yuki  “  passing Yuki cookies Asher begins collecting the drops.  ‘Looks like Yuki’s last attack pulled fish out of the pool nice another map piece.'  He thinks while placing  the Bream in his inventory as he shuffles to the door

 

[Level Up!]

 

‘Ugh looks like its sunrize’ Stumbling threw the door he races back to the market. Walking to the shellfish booth “ hey can you help me harvest these scales?”  he asks waving a mariner over. 

 

“Well I’ll show you how but you’ll need to do the rest,”  the mariner says with a huff he pulls a knife from his belt. Waving Asher over he takes the fish and rubs the dull side of the blade. Running the blade from fin to head of the fish making them lift from the under-skin of the fish. After raising the scales he turns the sharp side of the blade and strips them from the under-skin. 

 

“ Alright your turn”  passing Asher the fish he watches him struggle to keep the fish from breaking free. “ This would be easier if it was dead” “ no point killing it since its more  bones than meat  tighten your grip.”  Nodding Asher tights his grip stopping the fish’s wriggling.  He returns to rubbing it with the dull side of the blade before striping the scales from it. 

 

Item Type: Ruby scales from a Red bream fish

 

Knife Skill Level 2 

 

‘Alright, that should be all of them.' Asher thinks looking threw the scales as he pulls a small bag from his inventory. Huhthese coins must be from earlier’  emptying the bag he places the scales inside. “ Here have this it should help you if you need to collect more materials tho it’s missing some pages.”   Says the mariner passing Asher a book with a busted spine. 

That Asher takes with a nod and  passes the mariner the coins “ that should cover showing me to do that right?”  “ yes thank you did you need anything else?” “no have a good one” 

 

Item Type: Mats  a material collection guide for beginners

 

Leaving the market He makes his way back to Iron and Jade.” Andrew, I have the materials you wanted”  he says as a way of greeting upon spotting  Andrew at the register. “ alright it’ll cost 750 copper it should be ready tomorrow.”  Explains Andrew as he takes the materials and his payment. “ Oh your back one sec and I’ll bring you your items!”  says Ethan turning back down the hall. 

 

“ You might want to take a seat he’ll be a moment”  nodding Asher sits in one of the chairs by a furnace.  'Looks like I’ll be here a while might as well try and put together the map pieces.' He thinks as he removes them from his inventory and begins arranging the pieces.

 

Item Type:  Map to   Cavern of the wisps 

 

“ Alright, here you go that’ll be 500 copper for the seed and one silver for the Lightning spear”

 

Item Type: Magic weapon Thunder Piercer an uncommon Lightning infused polearm. Does up to 20%crit damage to Wind/Air type monsters and beings 

 

Base damage: 60-80

 

Item Type: Mercy's Peach pit a seed from a breed of peach thought lost long ago. Rumored to have once been grown for trade none have been seen in over a thousand years

 

Taking the silver and copper out Asher passes it over to Ethan before leaving the shop. Turning he makes his way toward the Glades inn. “ I’d like to rent a room until tomorrow,” he says gaining the attention of the hostess. 

 “ Alright, it costs 50 copper for a night every room comes with a free meal would you like clam chowder ore Baked fish ?” “ I ‘ll take the baked fish." “Alright, I’ll send it right on up when it’s done”  Passing her the copper Asher takes the key and heads to his room.

7