ch25
146 0 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Moving away from the tree Asher walks deeper into the woodlands rounding a tree he is assaulted by a sweet fragrance. Turning to his right he spots a large group of flowers. Making his way over to them he sees flower groupings under a nearby tree.

Squinting at them he makes his way over. Taking his spade he gently Diggs up the mound finding a grouping of thick golden roots.

Item acquired: wild ginger is a flowering plant whose rhizome, ginger root or ginger, is widely used as a spice and a folk medicine

‘Alright, now what’  he thinks with a frown while stuffing the ginger into the small bag in his inventory. Rounding the tree he continues into the open field.  walking threw the Flowers he stumbles over a log slumped on the side of a tree. using the tree as leverage he pulls himself up. frowning he spots the log on the grown.

  Shrugging he begins walking further into the forest. winding threw the trees he spots odd growths on a tree in the distance. Moving toward it he begins making out the shapes of the growths.  'Mushrooms?' moving closer to the mushroom growing on the bass of the tree. 

Item Acquired: Shitaki mushroom a common type of mushroom. 

picking a few of them he places them into his inventory and begins heading back toward the bushes near town. moving to the closest bush he makes out small black shapes

'raspberries are red so to this one '  continuing the line of bushes he notes a trail of them going further int to the forest.  checking the last of the bushes he moves along the line trading along the line of bushes. Asher hears the sound of grinding echoing from nearby pushing his way further threw the trees, 

He windes his way through the bushes at the fringe of the main streets he stumbles upon a coal grey deer with pitch-black scales along its side. ‘ Soo those are roeven no wonder the quest says venison steak’  he thinks to close in on it.  

“Yuki fire some water needles at it please” nodding yuki picks up altitude and begins releasing a barrage of water needles at the roeven. Watching Yuki pelt the roeven Asher ducks behind a group of bushes and creeps up behind it.  Pulling out his spade he slashes at the roevens flank dragging its health to half of its health bar.  

Dodging to this left he watches as a second Roeven barrel out of the trees.  Turning toward it he brings up his shield. Summoning his shield he blocks a pair of slate grey horns. 

Glancing to his left he spots Yuki decimating the first roevens health with water needles.  Feeling the roeven before him shift toward his left. He begins readying his spade as he watches the roeven begin charging toward Yuki. Stabbing at its flank as it fully turns he drags the point of his spade from its shoulder to tail relieving it of a large chunk of health and leaving a large gash. 

Dropping onto its right side the roeven begins struggling in earnest as yuki fires a barrage of water needles at it having obliterated the other.  

Item Acquired: Roeven Carcass. The Carcass of Roeven a type of scaled deer that comes in a range of colors from ash grey to deep oak brown.  with scales an ominous pitch black having offset horns. they feast on barbs of Berry Bushes. 

‘Carcass... maybe the forum can tell me about it?.’ Watching as yuki decimates the last roeven Asher begins placing the drops in his inventory. Asher makes his way back toward the bushes finding it littered with clusters of ruby red Berries he begins picking them from the bush. 

Item acquired: raspberries 

Deftly avoiding the remaining thorns he picks forty bundles of berries from the bush and places them into his inventory. Spotting the flashing (!) on his social tab tapping it he's greeted by a message from Gavynne.  “I’ve made it to sun mist send me you coordinate” shaking his head Asher quickly messages him back ”I’m  heading toward the campsite on the edge of town meet me there.”

Closing the window he begins making his way toward the camping area.  Passing under trees and weaving threw branches.  Making his way to the edge of the camping area  'Is that a berry or a shadow' he thinks coming face to branch with a young elderberry tree. Taking out the small basket Asher starts filling it.  Tucking the basket in his inventory he makes his way to a fire pit. 

Sitting on a fallen log at a circle of rocks Asher pulls out one of the roeven carcass' from his inventory. "Hey! Starbud what’s that?" "Hey, it’s a roeven" “so what ya  going to do  with it?” “Well, my knife skill isn’t high enough I'll have to take it to the butcher." He mutters looking it over.

"So next up the butchers? " "yea and we'll probably stop by the apothecary and finish a quest... Do you want to join that quest its's shareable." "Nope I didn't help but what was it for?" "It was an ingredient collection quest." 

"Is it a job quest?" "I don't think so I just happened upon it while doing a job quest" shrugging Asher places the roevens back in his inventory. Pulling out his journal he begins checking the recipe "It looks like I'll need to make jam" he mutters pulling out his table and knife. "Why would you need a jam?" " I'll need it for the recipe" he explains placing his sugar grinder on the table along with mesquite beans. 

"I'm going to make this while we wait" starting the grinder he begins placing the beans in the mouth. Watching as the beans are grounded Asher places a bottle on the spout at the end and begins peeping the raspberries. "Yuki will you rinsing these?"  Nodding Yuki begins hitting them with water balls. Leaving the washing to Yuki he begins pulling out his mini stove.

 Walking to the fire pit he takes his flame amber and places it in the bottom. "Is that a flame amber?" "Yes?" " where'd you get it?" " from a black Smith in Klix" "ah so that's why he always has one" mutters Gavynne "who always has one?" "My cousin he's always got one. The other day he was telling me that I'd probably need one if I want adventure."

'At least someone looks out for him' "did he tell you where he got his?" "He probably made it" "so he's a blacksmith?" "Yea," he says shrugging.

Stepping back from the pit Asher watches as the amber glows a soft orange and begins to generate a heatwave. Taking his mini stove he opens a compartment in the base and pulls out its built-in stand. Pulling the legs of the stand to each side of the fire pit rim he anchors it in.

Moving back to his table he takes the freshly washed berries and pours them into his copper pot. Sprinkling them with mesquite bean powder he places them on top of the mini stove. Opening a browser he sets a timer and begins cleaning the grinder.

"What's up with the grinder?" "In Orfil they don't sell refined sugar" he shrugs as he places the now clean grinder in his inventory.  

 

 

6