Ch 31
126 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

Watching as the last Cavoine falls to the base of the tree. They put away the quartz and walk over to them  “should we fight them ?”

“only if they try to attack us they seem stunned tho.”

“What’s the plan should we leave them or do you think they’ll chase us after the stun wears off” Asks Gavynee checking the Cavoine. “it’s probably best to finish them off” Asher says as Yuki passes him more eggs. Placing them in the black box, he surveys the cavoine.

‘and done.

ding!

looking at the top of the box, he spots a status window.

number of eggs in storage

20 out of 20

Please place the storage box in your inventory.

staring at the window, he places the box in his inventory.

Quest complete

Reward 100c 10Gp with Sunmist and one silver Charter.

freezing he opens his inventory and checks it. reaching into his inventory he pulls out a small silver plate.

‘Oh nice so its all a plate?’ frowning at the plate he looks through his inventory for his lot tickets. ‘well I have the tickets do I have the actual coins.’ Closing his inventory he sees Gavynne Stabbing at a downed Cavoine. shaking his head He walks over to the nearest cavoine and begins stabbing at them with his spade obliterating its health. 

Finishing off the last cavoine the clearing echoes with an earth-quaking crow. 

Caw!

As a shadow bleeds across the sky Drawing they’re attention. “ What is that!” Says Gavynne stumbling Back at the sight of a large dark red cavoine descending into the clearing. “I don’t know but we need to get back!” Asher says pulling Gavynne toward the nearest tree. 

“looks like a bird wonder why its here?” says Gavynne peaking at it around the tree. “its a Cavoine liege,”  Asher says checking it out over his head. “Eh… So it has a title?” Gavynne asks turning to him.   “That might just be its name let see,”  he says Pulling up a window. Frowning he closes the window “ Looks like its the cavoine mob boss.” “Are we going to fight it?! We should fight it” Gavynnes exclaims bouncing in place.

 “No, I-” he begins, breaking off as a wind blade shakes the tree. “looks like we’re fighting it” Shouts Gavynne charging into the clearing. Frowning Asher peaks around the tree just as Gavynne is hit by an on slot of wind blades.  Dashing from the tree He summons his shield and takes the burnt of the blades. 

“…well that was intense” huffs Gavynne struggling to his feet.  “Just be glad you didn’t get hit by all of them,” mutters Asher looking him over. “well it’s not like you’d let that happen,” he says pulling out a potion. 

“Yuki a little help please?” Asher asks watching it take off into the trees. Nodding Yuki takes off in hot pursuit. “maybe we should try the quartz while the suns still up?”Gavynne asks. “It’s worth a try,” Says Asher dispersing his shield.

Opening his inventory Asher begins fishing out a Quartz. “Get down!” Gavynne shouts Taking Asher.  “What?“Looking up Asher watches as the liege pass over them. ”we’ll then might want to put that away“ Nodding he Quickly stuffs the quartz back in his inventory. Tucking into a roll Gavynne Shuffkes to his feat. Taking cover behind a tree he watches as Yuki releases a torrent of water needles as the cavoine passes over Asher. 

Scrabbling to his feet Asher calls up a shield as wind blades cleave threw the surrounding trees. Taking shelter behind Asher Yuki  continues firing Water needles at it shaving a tenth of  its health . “this is going to take forever at this rate.” “well, I can help with that.” Says Gavynne moving from behind the tree. 

 Pulling his unsheathing his sword raises it. Slashing his sword in two times into the air it releases two silver lights. Using the tip of his sword he sends them racing toward it cleaving its health in half. “that work-”

Caw!

Circling overhead the liege Raise far into the darkening sky. Pulling its wings in as the wind begins to pick up.  Twisting into a dive. Riping threw the trees. The wind gathers around it like a cloak. 

“This is bad this is very bad.” Mutters Asher snatching Yuki out the air. Racing into the trees he searches for cover behind a large tree.  Turing he sees Gavynne step further into the clearing.

Howl! 

Pulling out of the dive it releases six mini-tornadoes. Holing up his blade Gavynne dodges one. Using the blunt edge if the blade he deflects another sending it directly at the Cavoine liege.  Turning he watches it crash into the tree. “ Move Gavynne!” “wha-” turning toward Asher he’s greeted by Four of the six tornadoes. Tucking into a roll takes burnt of three mini Tornadoes and is grazed by a fourth.

“great it’s still alive.” Gavynne hisses as he Staggers to his feet. Climbing through the fallen trees he creeps  back into the clearing just as the moon illuminates it. “what do you mean it’s still alive??” Asks Asher stepping over a downed as he makes his way into the clearing. 

Stepping in front of Asher Gavynne blocks three wind blades. Freezing as he Staggers Asher Race toward him. Launching from Asher's slack grip Yuki sends water needles into the shadows overhead. passing him a red mist Asher summons his shield blocking three wind blades. 

“it’s up there Yuki,” says Gavynne pointing at a tree to there left. Nodding they pivot. Placing themselves between Gavynne and it. Standing on the top of the tree obscured by shadow eye now a menacing red. The liege tracked their movement.

Batting away water needles with a flick of its wing. “hold still ” holding out his sword Gavynne Sends another set of Slashes at it. Only of it to sidestep them. Using  Gavynne and  Yuki’s attacks as cover ASher quickly makes his way to the base of the tree.   stoping a foot from the base, he fishes the Light adement from his inventory. Casting the clearing in blinding light, 

Squawk!?

Sliding back in the cavoine falls from the tree.  “what was that for?!” says Gavynne rubbing his eye “It worked” he says uncovering his face. Looking up he watches as the cavoine breaks threw the branches.  Flelling it tries to stop its descent using its talons it rips caverns into the tree’s bark. 

Crack! Snap crack! 

Pulling out his spade Asher watches as it comes to a stop at the base of the tree. Spade in hand he walks around the tree until he can reach it. Pulling the spade back he begins stabbing at it shaving off the last of its health. 

“well, that’s one way to handle it” sighs Gavynne limping toward the tree. “I thought you where fine?” Asks Asher rushing to Gavynne.“ Ah, I just sore” he says waving him away “how do you want to split the loot?” he asks coming to a stop. “we can do that later we should get out of here,” Asher says motioning Yuki over. 

 “Fine let’s head to camp then” Gavynne consents. slinging his arm over Gavynnes shoulders Asher begins leading him back toward camp. Winding threw the trees they make it to camp just as the sun breaks the horizon.  “alright you rest here I’m going to start making the potions.” he says helping Gavynne on to a stump. 

Pulling the copper pot from his inventory Asher walks to the water’s edge. He fills it before making his way back to the table. At the table, he sets the pot on it and begins setting up his mini stove. Placing the pot on the stove he turns back to the table.

Pulling the crate from his inventory. Asher began counting out the bottles. setting ten bottles on the table he pulls out his cutting board and knife. “how long will it take to make all of those?” asks Gavynne. “Hmm, one-pot should fill twenty bottles so five pots full,”  he explains cutting up a bundle of Adler bulbs. Putting them into the pot he begins splitting the valerian stems. 

“so do they take longer to finish boiling?”Gavynne asks watching as he pours the stems into the pot. “they take twenty minutes” he says stirring the pot. Pulling out a bundle of Ansis he chops them thinly before adding them. “now we wait. ” opening his interface he checks the time. 

“Okay so what now” Ask Gavynne watching Asher pull up another stool. “Now we split the drops,” he says taking a seat near the table. Pulling the drops from the Cavoine liege he spreads them on the table.

“Do you want the carcass?” “not really I don’t have a recipe for it.” “hmm well, you should take it until you find one.” “alright if I get that you can have part of my share of the coins,” Asher says counting out one silver and five hundred copper.

“The feathers are mine so you can have the egg.” he shrugs passing Asher the edge.“Are you sure” Asher asks frowning at the egg? “Yea you gave me half your share of the coins already so. Plus it’s not like we know what it is anyway” he shrugs.

Shrugging Asher places the egg in his inventory and checks the time. ‘wonder if there’s a market here like at Klix.’ Walking to the pot he pulls out his ladles and begins filling bottles.  prepping the next set of herbs he places them in the pot. “Yuki will you fill this with water please,” he asks sitting the pot on the stove. 

Nodding Yuki fills the pot as Asher begins to stir it.  “alright Yuki do you want cookies or cake?” Asher asks making his way back to the table. “cake or cookies?” “yea I usually give him a sweet for his help.” He explains setting them out. 

Flying  to the cake boxs Yuki sits on the lid “alright cake it is.” He mutters lifting the cake out the box he sits it down on a plate. “do you want a piece” he asks watching Gavynne drool, “If you don’t mind ” Gavynne says wiping his mouth. “no problem here” He says cutting a few pieces from the cake. Passing them each an eighth he begins packing the cake away. 

Turning back to the potion he stirs it and pouring it into bottles.  “Is there anything I can help with? ” he asks watching as Asher trades the full bottles for empty ones.  “sure do you know how to cut vegetables without risking your fingers?” he asks turning Gavynne as he pulls out his next set of herbs. 

“Um I’ve never done it before,” he says frowning. “alright how about you get the water while I get the herbs ready.” Nodding Gavynne takes the pot and quickly fills it. Quickly falling into a rhythm they fill the crate with potion and begin making they’re way back to herbs and mist.

“Alright, you’ve brought the potions so I’ll show you how to refine pills.” Avory says watching Asher sitting out the crates. looking up from the crates.

Quest Complete 

Reward: 200XP   +92 GP with Lerah  +76 GP with Avory

Waving for Asher to follow him Avory leads Asher out towards Leirah’s Firepit.  Following Avory Asher sees basket sitting next to mid-sized Cauldron.  “is there a reason this cauldron is so short?”

he asks stopping on the path to the pit. “yes and if you’d join me we can get started” says Avory placing the cauldron onto the pit.

 

Shrugging Asher makes his way to Avory. Once Asher joins him by his cauldron Avory begins his explanation. “Everyone has the potential to refine pills, but that does not mean just anyone is able to. there are two important factors to consider: the ability manipulate mana and awareness of mana. Very few possessed the ability to use mana awareness. Therefore, the first step in becoming a pharmacist is to awaken mana awareness.”

“There is some risk to Mana awareness, but a lot for some awaking mana awareness can quickly lead to insanity threw over stimulation . this can be avoided if by quickly establishing control over your awareness. As long as you follow my instruction, we can minimize your risk.”  He says handing him a small pale yellow pill herb then continues his explanation

“What you have in your hands is the Third eye pill. It is a mid-tier medical pill. It’s not quite like other pills. It’s mainly used to slowly awaken your mana awareness. Now, when you take this pill I want you to focus on this herb and nothing else he says holding up a stalk of Ansis. After taking this pill you should be able to see a slight outline of these herbs depending on how aware the pill makes you.”

Nodding Asher eagerly takes the pill jamming it in his mouth prompt blacking out thereafter.  Not ten minutes later, he blinks his eye open to a glowing world. Breathing against his the throbbing pain in his head he turns his gaze onto the Ansis in Avory’s grasp. 

Skill acquired Mana Awareness  a skill that allows you to sense mana Rank 0 Level 1

“Now can what s?” Asher asks as the pain ebbs away."Looks like your ability to focus well just a bit longer and you should be able to establish control Well done." chirps Avory watching Asher relax.

Skill acquired Mana manipulation Rank 0 Level 1

“Alright the first pill will be making is the basic blue mist pill. We’ll start by using mana manipulation to pull the mana from the herb like so.” taking the Salk of Ansis Avory runs his finisher along it. 

Thanks to his mana awareness Asher watches as a pool of blue liquid begins forming at its base. “When pulling the mana from the plant you’ll feel a slight resistance. This is caused by the mana being pushed threw the plant and will result in a juicing effect. Placing what’s left of the herb in the cauldron with the liquid will help to calm the mana.” He explains as Asher flinches away from the cauldron.

“if I was to leave out the dregs the mana would continue to revolt. As it revolts the mana damages it’s tie to the medical properties of the original plant.” Nodding Asher watch’s as the once calm pool of mana begins to thrash.  “Using the Cauldron we can refine the dregs so as to work in more of the original properties,” Avory says.

 Placing the dregs in the cauldron waiting for them to dry out further then begins pouring the mana into it. “ You’ll want to work the dregs back into the mana. Todo that your going to want to break them up even further using your mana. Until they and the mana form a light blue powder. Once they’re fully worked in you’ll want to start forming the pills.” He says coating his hands in mana.

 “ You can make pseudo pills using just one herb like so” reaching into the cauldron he begins cupping his hand pulling the powder between them.  Slowly working his mana into it he begins rolling the powder into a small ball. “Alright now you try” He says motioning for Asher to take an Ansis from the basket. Nodding Asher Carefully reenacts what Avory showed him. 

Skill Acquired Pill refining Rank 0 level 1

“Nice when you refine actual pills you’ll need to quickly integrate their mana. I’d recommend using a stabilizer um think of them as herbs that have no mana alignment such as Light flax.” says Avory looking over the pseudo pill. “yeah sure it won’t mess with the pill if I don’t right?”  he asks as Avory passes it back to him.  

“You can make a pill without it but you’ll get a pill with similar results to a potion.  Using a stabilizer you’ll get the added bonus of a lingering effect, for instance, a red mist pill made without light flax  will quickly bring up your health but one with it will bring it up and  continuously heal you for another five minutes”

“So is there a place I can find light flax?” he asks as Avory turns back to the cauldron. “ Not nearby but there might be some in the market.” He says while refining a few pills. “I’m going to finish making these, why don’t you come back to learn the rest?” he asks placing the pills into a bottle. “sure um should is there anything I should prepare for next time?” Asher asks waving Gavynne over. “why don’t you train your mana awareness for a bit. you’ll need the practice if you want to learn cuisine” Avory says turning to him.

Quest Acquired practice and results

Reward???

Would you like to accept this quest?

Y/n

“sure why not” “alright well you can practice by pill refining. Bring green, blue, and red mist pills um at least five so I can inspect them.” he says passing Asher a bundle of Light flax “ alright sounds good” shrugs Asher turning to make his way to Gavynne.

“hey so I’m done for now was there something you wanted to check out?”  He asks  as Gavynne turns to him. “ um can you show me where you go the Cina bun?“  Gavynne says as Yuki lending on his shoulder

Nodding Asher begins leading Asher back to Sunmist. “its this way.  ”so what did you learn?“ ”pill refining .“ ”oh how does it work?“ ”um well I took a pill that allows me to see mana.“

“wait you can see mana?” “yea…?” “well, how about you show me.” “Okay so like thi-…” “what?”  “looks like something passed threw here there’s some kind of trail.” “eh, what color is it?” “well it looks purple… wonder what it means?”

4