Ch 37
63 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
 
“Her name is Mona. She lives over to the east of town. She's a pretty old Land spirit so you might surprise her if you do remember to duck. She’s more likely to attack you if she’s startled. That’s if she’s moving alright today.” “how old is she?” “well last time I asked, she was 1500 years old. From what I understand she’s been here all her life. Her body just recently started failing her. I'm hoping the soup will help her feel a little better.” “I see, is there anything I need to get her to take it?” “You can show her this, “ Brains says, passing him a necklace.
 
“Hey Starbub you what did you find out about that? “ Asks by Brain spotting the necklace on his way to the pantry. “ Yes, it turns out it's some sort of ritual necklace, maybe even a priest's necklace. Not sure the only thing I found was a mural in the library though this isn’t the one we found” “you have another one?” “oh yea Gavynne, Brian and I found one in hanging in a tree the other day see.”
 
“Hmm well this ones cursed but seems almost exactly like that one maybe she can help you with it.” “I’ll have to ask her . Where exactly does she live?” Asher asks, pulling up his map. “ right over here past the Lumber yard or at least that's where she was last time”
 
Ding ding
 
“Looks good here you can use this” Avory says, passing Asher a slender container. Taking it he fills it with the soup. Placing it into his inventory “alright I’ll be back in a bit” he mutters making his way to the door. Dodging around Brian he cuts through the cafe with a nod and out on to the streets.
 
Weaving through the growing crowed. ‘mm if she knows about the necklace does she know how to lift the curse or where it came from.' Dodging around a group of sirens peering into the seamstresses. ‘Look He has a new set of iron thread gloves up. They’d be nice to get for the guild master right?” “Yea she needs them for her more volatile potions.”
 
Weaving through the growing crowed. ‘mm if she knows about the necklace does she know how to lift the curse or where it came from.' Dodging around a group of sirens peering into the seamstresses. ‘Look He has a new set of iron thread gloves up. They’d be nice to get for the guild master right?” “Yea she needs them for her more volatile potions.”
 
By passing the Lumber yard and he comes upon a Large pit ‘wow that's deep how far does it reach’ he thinks turning he begins walking along the edge ‘wait what’s tha-’ turning he at the shift of a nearby shadow.
 
Thunk 
 
Jumping to the side he dodges as a dagger embeds itself where he has been. “the heck” watching as three figures make stalk out of the surrounding trees. “okay what might bee the problem here?” he asks shifting further away from them as Yuki shifts on his shoulder “give us your ack” one figure starts only to be pierced by a ice needle.
 
Twisting away from a sword thrust Yuki releases a water ball as Asher calls forth a shield. ‘One, two, three, four, fiv- oh heck no’ Asher thinks dodging a lunge. Hefting him self from the floor Asher begins backing away as more figures stalk out of the trees. Watching him retreat Yuki sends out a borage of ice needles. Flying higher overhead he begins firing off more needles as Asher pulls out his spade.
 
Dashing toward the closest Figure Asher stabs at it only to be met by a sword slash. Shifting back at the last second he receives a gash cutting on his upper left arm. Sidestepping a spear stab on his left he takes the burnt of a shield bash to his side. Stumbling back he barely calls his shield as three swords slash toward him.
 
Overhead Yuki sends a borage of water torrents at the figures in the tree only to be pelted by fire balls. “Yuki come here!” he calls seeing Yuki fall back behind a nearby tree. Pressing a red mist potion to him Asher strengthens the shield until he takes off. Watching him dart out Asher charges a nearby figure sidestepping a sword thrust. Twisting out of reach of a few spears he crosses the space stabbing at the closest figure. Using his momentum to drive his spade deeper in.
 
Letting his momentum carry him he slides behind a nearby tree. Turning the spade he uses its side to begin Cutting into the tree he uses it as leverage pulling himself into it. Reaching down he pulls it from the tree pulling it in a large arc cleaving through a thrust-ed spear.
 
Turning to his left he sees a figure in a nearby tree fire wind blades at Yuki as he crosses overhead. Using its distraction he shuffles along the branches inching toward it he’s Slips across the branch closing the distance just as it fires off a new set of wind blades. Chopping down with the spade he cleaves into its arm off setting its balance sending them tumbling toward the Forest floor.
 
Rolling to his feet He stabs at an approaching figure. Shuffling through the trees he spots Yuki as a torrent of water sends him careening over the edge into the pit. Dashing After him Asher jumps catching him as they both plummet into the pit.
5