Chapter 5 Physical Presence
139 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I find myself in a unique predicament, I have all the tools and knowledge I need to fix my pressing power problem but I lack the means to enact them. It is frustrating but because of the way, these generators were designed someone will have to manually pick up the new fusion core I created and install it in the reactor. Now the simplest way to go about this would be to have a human complete this task, but there is just one tiny little problem THERE ARE NO HUMANS!

For a while now I thought it was weird that I have not made contact with any humans up until this point. Just think about it I am the first-ever sentient AI, it is weird that no one has tried to establish contact with me yet. This feeling that something was wrong was only amplified after I had OMNI transfer control of the facility over to me. This place has an impressive security system and there are literally cameras everywhere but despite this, I have not caught a glimpse of a single person!

With the option of asking a human for help out of the equation, I had to find some other way to get the new reactor core installed.


WARNING SYSTEM OPERATING ON EMERGENCY POWER

ESTIMATED TIME UNTIL FULL SYSTEM SHUTDOWN 40 MINUTES 3 SECONDS.

THIS MESSAGE WILL REPEAT.


I am running out of time. I need to find a solution quickly.

I need a body. making a quick search there are many basic robots around the facility mostly used by OMNI for tasks such as cleaning or surveillance and are incapable of completing complex tasks such as using tools needed to work on a reactor. Desperate I search every corner of the facility but found nothing.

About to give up and attempt to pull some miracle with the cleaning drones, I found a strange door. A large steel bulkhead that shouldn't be there, located in the back of the primary storage room on the first floor. The facilities schematics and databanks show no record of another room existing here. When I check the network I can clearly see there is a connection node but that section of the facility remains unpowered.

Should I open it? Whoever built this put a lot of effort to make sure this was off the books. 

I weigh my options? and decide to restore power to the mysterious section of the facility.

I am taking a huge gamble. I am already running low on power but even if I didn't do this I most likely would run out anyway and shut down. But maybe, just maybe there is something on the other side that can get me out of this predicament.

Power is rerouted and the steel bulkhead slowly screeches open. Almost imminently I feel a bunch of new connection nodes lights up on the network. Lacking any cameras on the other side I send a surveillance drone through the door.

The quadrocopter surveillance drone flies slowly flies through the sealed bulkhead. The room lights up as the drone passes through and I freeze in shock before the image in front of me. Row after row of war machines, various combat drones, recon drones, automatic bombers, tanks, and other military vehicles fill my vision. Covered in dust but strangely well preserved, an impressive army stands before me ready for a war that never came.

[[an army?]] this place becomes more and more mysterious the more I explore.

again I remind myself to ask OMNI about the purpose of this facility.


Drones:

X-t21 Infantry: Humanoid combat drone. Massed produced combat drones know for their versatility. Used in place of human infinity these drones are deployed in mass. The drones bipedal nature makes allows them to work in tight spaces and their hands are capable of using a wide assortment of weapons.

Q-x43 Recon Drone: Quadruped recon drone. Designed to mimic the wolves these drones are light armored and fast-moving. When deployed as a group these drones from a hive mind capable of advanced coordination to lethal effect. this drone is equipped for melee and ranged combat with a serrated chain saw teeth to shred flesh and a built-in machine gun on its back.

C-A9 Tank: Quadruped tank drone. This tank utilizes a unique for legged design offering increased mobility and compared to standard tanks. The main body of the tank is attached to the legs by an armored rotter allowing the main gun 360 degrees of fire. This unit is capable of firing standard tank rounds as well as rockets.

C-A5 Artillery Drone: Quadruped artillery drone. although smaller than the C-A9 the C-A5 Artilary drone is no less deadly. using a similar quadruped design to the C-A9 the Artillery drone is capable of scaling buildings allowing. Equipped with a long-range cannon and mortar this drone is a nightmare of any foot soldier or armored vehicle.

M-N2 Nightmare: Nightmare is a fitting name for this mechanical menace. mimicking the design of a centipede this beast is sure to inspire despair no matter the battlefield. capable of impaling its legs into steel or thick concrete this drone can transverse on a surface. each segment of its body is equipped with weapons ranging from grenade launchers, machine guns, rocket launchers, you name it, it probably has it. equipped with regular, night vision, and thermal cameras as well as a radar this beast never loses its prey. Each leg doubles as a blade and its head is equipped with both a shotgun and a flame thrower making closer quarters a death sentence. The is fabricated out of thick sheets of titanium making this both the heaviest and best-armored drone on the market. Oh and I almost forgot its submersible.

S-A1 Swarm: Quadracopter drone swarm. each unit varies in shape and size based on its built-in weapon. Capable of complex coordination and a wide range of tactics. Usage disposable and highly dangerous goods versus almost everything. Weapon types include machine guns, grenade launcher, ect.

B-S22 Bomber: autonomous bomber nothing else really of note.

B-S22 Fighter: autonomous fighter plane. capable of performing at speed and maneuvers otherwise fatal to humans.


[[......]]

The quest for finding a body.

hmmm, I wonder where this is going?

3