Chapter 12 Battle of Horan part 1
230 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Seven people sat at a table all out of place. three Commanders and a bodyguard for each, the last one being a noble a Duke.

One leader was female with her all female warband the pair wore a heavy suit of armor but walk around like it was nothing. The Commander was call Mary leader of the Sisters Battalion.

Another a bear of a man that stood 8 foot tall with a heavier set of armour and a gun called a heavy bolter no chair could support his weight. The second Warband at the table, Ragnar leader of the Astartes Legions. 

Leaving the last group the only Organization at the table the man wore a elegant purple robe and hood with tubes coming from it, a staff the helps him walk and increase his powers. His name was Sander of the Psykers Exclave.

Leaving the last one The Duke of Horan Joic Von Mul the only person that was unfazed by the weapons they had brought into his home for this meeting.

"I'm sorry who do you want us to fight?" Mary asked after being told the RMO (Renegade Merc Organization) they had to fight. her Battle Sister tightened her grip of her bolter and with the Astarte and even the Psyker Acolyte with Sander started channeling the Warp.

Not expecting this reaction to being told that they would fight the Astra Militarum. The duke raised an eyebrow and asked, "Is their a issue with fighting them? Commander Mary?" The tension was palatable 

"Don't Commander Mary me! Why do we have to fight them? Their is a difference between work and suicide." her mind along with the other two commanders with them only have 20 troops total and that count them, no amount of power armour can stop concentrated las fire.

Ragnar took a step forward his foot breaking the marble tile, "Duke you do know that if you don't tell us we are not going to fight them!"

The last to voice his objection Sander with the Acolytes help he got to his feet though he looks no more them 30 the heavy use of his powers has made his body closer to a healthy 60 year old man, "If we are to fight them we will die. And you have yet to tell us strength, weapons and if they have armour assets? I refuse unless you tell us these things and even then we may not."

The Duke stood up to his full height a impressive 6,2 but even then when Mary stood up she was at eye level leaving Sander at his 5,5, Joic glared down at Sander but Sander ignored his gaze and said, "Duke you do know as a Organization I only need myself and at least two Warband to have you blacklisted." though his smile was soft it was more so a drawing of blades.

"And what will you do if I tell the Church that you joined those heretics!" the Duke's words came with so much venom but no one was fazed instead Ragnar and Mary with their bodyguard laughed and Sander had a smile as he walked to leave with his Acolyte in toe.

Ragnar stopped laughing, "Joic you have nothing that can keep the Emperors Children his Angels, The Imperial Guard you are sending us to fight are the Hammer and the Avail, we Space marines are his Scalpel." grabbing his weapon he too made for the door.

Mary didn't dignify the Duke with parting word and just left. The Duke was speechless he had almost got them to fight the RMO, but the second he mention the name it fell apart and he can't even do anything to them Mary and Ragnar are protected by Sander who made them Branches of his group but act independently of him.

The Duke stood alone for a few minutes then said, "Bishop it that enough proof of their Heresy? And Treason?"

A man open a hidden compartment to the room and what met the Duke's Gaze was a smile and one word, "Yes." with that said the Bishop left to round up his Acolytes and Knights and the Duke followed by getting his household guard and a quarter of the city guard, and planned an attack at midnight. Unaware to them that more beings had other plans.

6 Hours later.

Sander had told them that the Duke was going to do something stupid and prepared for a siege.

"Contacts, 5, moving towards us, North side!" A Sister Acolyte told the room with their Ospects device telling her ware they are.

The Five people and nodded then the Siege began with fireball hitting the Sister that spotted them and sent her flying across the room killing her.

"OPEN FIRE!!!" Mary and Ragnar shouted

The Duke watched from a safe location saw the place he house them in had dozens of magic attacks towards it. with over a few hundred men rushed out of side street and made a head long charge towards the building the enemy were in.

Many were cut down by bolter fire or get sent mad and other warp related things the Psykers, but with in seconds the range had been shortened and now those that still have ammo moved to the second floor and the rest drew their Swords and knives. Except for Ragnar his fist are just fine and the moment enemy knight busted down the door a empty heavy bolter was thrown at them crushing a few men.

The next man that tried to fight Ragnar for the glory of killing one of enemy leaders was impaled by a right forearm and a left grabbing another knight's helmet and head and crushed it.

Mary using her bolter as a blunt weapon as she was unable to draw her sword when the chaos of battle took over the ground floor.

On the second floor Sander was left in-command of  those firing down at the enemy but the streets were so narrow that even missing your target it kills or wounds another. But his main role was to make sure his Acolytes don't fail their tasks and get corrupted by the warp, he had already had one of his toss out a window and caused a minor demon to appear witch died or ran of into the city, he didn't know or care.

 

As the minutes drag on the 20 Mercs of Mary, Ragnar and Sander were now just 7 left including them now, no Psykers left, 3 other Battle Brothers with Ragnar and the last Sister of Battle of Mary's group they had been pushed to the last room of the second floor. Sander to mentally exhausted he dare try another power the chance to fail was to high in his mind, Ragnar's armour covered in blood from countless fools that faced him but in places it was burning red hot from fire mages before getting shanked by a fist or forearm but...

Mary was the worst of she was unconscious as a mage that specialized in water and blood magic sliced her arm off by using Mary's own blood to sever her left arm. She was laid in the corner of the room with Sander treating her with first aid, Mary's Sister standing over them as the last line, Ragnar and his Brothers ahead of the three.

"Sander you were a cunt when we first met but fuck me if you die first." Ragnar said while focusing on the door to their room.

"Ha hehe," Sander laughed, "well I just wasted my time saving Mary here she has stopped bleeding but well she will die last, Sister please help me stand up and my I know the name of the lady that save Mary."

The Sister of Battle help Sander to his feet and said, "High Lord, My name is Lucy but I don't think that will matter anyway." she had a smile on her face but it was a smile a cheerful defiance.

The Door burst open and dozens of knights rushed into the room and battle was meet and stopped suddenly by a two words.

"Mon-keigh." A woman appear in the room and Ragnar and Sander had one word for her.

""Witch."" 

3