Chapter 13 Battle of Horan Part 2
236 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

2Kms away outside of the City of Horan a Chimera driving at full speed, and a Centaur following.

The Chimera, Her Crew combat proven, in her green forest camo with five little white stars in a star constellation of the Southern Cross. A name on the side of her hull 'Fighting Girlfriend', two people had their heads out of the Chimera turret both with high powered binoculars, the troops in the Chimera had been packed, the Chimera was meant for 12 people had 15 stuffed inside, 11 Guardsmen, 1 Psyker and 1 Space marine and 2 grumpy Guardsmen.

The Centaur, Her Crew unproven, she herself was in the same forest camo and constellation, her hull unadorned with a name, held 5 in her open top, 1 Techpriest and 4 Skitarii, her heavy Stubber looking forward loaded and ready to go.

The two with their heads of the turret, one the Commander of the Chimera and the other the Commander of the Astra Militarum, both can see the fires from Horan, it seems that something is going on there.

Boom!
Boom!
Boom!

Faint shots but something seemed familiar.

Boom!

Boom!

Boom!

"Heavy Bolter?" I mutter.

Fuck... I grab the Radio to internal COMMs and to talk with the Centaur, "Attention, Attention. Horan seems to be on fire and I can hear Bolter fire just barely. This may go from a simple job to a rescue operation or a purge if it's Chaos related." 

"Roger!" comes from the Centaur, Hannah's voice was clear and hopeful, "You think it's fellow Imperial forces?"

"I don't know we will see."

...

..

.

"Lads be ready we are about half a kilometer." I say into Radio. I look back I see a Techpriest give me a thumbs up.

 THUDEM!

I turn me head back to look for the source of the sound and I see nothing, but I felt that something was watching me... in front of me, "I can't see you but I am more then willing to spray over the back of my vehicle... show yourself." I say over the back of the Chimera, Lucy looks back as well with her carbine ready.

I slowly raised my bolt-pistol ready to spray the roof of the Chimera and Lucy does the same.

"Stop." A person appears in bone white armour… my first thought was a Warp-Spider, but the equipment was wrong then I see the sword and lack of a ranged weapon outside of a sidearm, "My Far-seer said to guide any Imperial Forces, that arrive."

Me and Lucy aim at him but we don't shoot... "And?"

"She wants to save... people that come from this place called 'Earth'." I raise my eyebrow.

"Proof?"

"The Far-seer... when alone often wishes she was back in Dublin with her girlfriend..."

"Sounds like a back stab to do to your Far-seer, sounds a little Drukhari?"

"True but you wanted proof and she said to get you to her no matter what." The Aeldari cocked its head to one side.

"I'll bite, but I want your head next to the barrel of my Bolter."

"Fair."

The Aeldari sits down and with one hand guide my bolter and rest his head against the barrel... And while like this guides us through Horan towards the fighting.

I turn my head away from the Aeldari to grab the radio and Talk into it, "We are about to be in combat prepare for CQC." I turn my head back and he was still there.

"CONTACT!" Lucy calls and her head drops back into the Turret and the Auto-cannon with the coaxial and the Storm-bolter, roar to life.

"I will be with my Far-seer." said the Aeldari and disappear, I fired my bolter and don't hit him.

"Cunt..." I mutter.

I duck my head into the Chimera and talk to the driver, "Drive carefully but rundown anyone stupid to get in front." she gives me a thumbs up acknowledging my order.

..

.

"Commander building ahead it seems to be the enemy target." I look up and see a stone building that had bodies surrounds it... But still had mages throwing spells like no tomorrow.

"Prepare to disembark! Fix Bayonets! Hans you and your men with Vince and Burt will support the Chimera and the Centaur! Ralof! You are with me and Jeff. Hannah already ordered her Skitarii to stay outside to help."

"ARRIVED!" The ramp at the back of the Chimera drops open and we pile out, Bayonets lowered as we charge out.

The arrows and spells sent at us intensifies. Markus sends up a shield but failed so started sending small bolts of warp energy at the mages, Hans and his men started setting up a premotor using the two vehicles or dead bodies as cover, Hannah's Drones fly out from the Centaur and her Skitarii started firing from their positions around the vehicle.

Ralof, his men, Jeff and I rush into the building and the site we see... Sisters of Battle, Emperor's Angels dead and Knights and what looks like the City Guard.

I hear a door get kicked in up stairs and a fight starting and ending very fast.

"WITCH!" I hear with two voices.

We rush up the stairs my bolter aimed and my Chainsword roaring as I run straight at the rear of the enemies on the second floor.

BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!

My bolter goes ripping through the people in front of me my sword ripping into the armour of the knights, and as the enemy at the front start trying to find out what's going on were I am, I hear a shout "FOR THE IMPERIUM!" Followed by a wet smashing sound.

I slow as my adrenaline is expended, Jeff grabs my collar and pulls me back allowing Ralof and his men to fire without hitting me. I mutter a thanks to Jeff he just pat me on the shoulder.

Soon the fire stops as the last of the knights dies between us, and we slowly advance...

"The Emperor Protect!" I shout.

"The Angels hear your call." I hear a reply.

I slowly advance into the room bolt-pistol aimed, Jeff following up behind me his bolter ready over my head.

I enter the room and see three Astartes, a Psyker and two Sisters of Battle, but one was in a bad way she was missing an arm, leaving the odd one a Aeldari.

"Are you the Girl from Dublin?" I ask the Aeldari.

She looks straight at me and asks, "Where did you hear that?"

"The one that guided us here." I reply.

She didn't do it but she wanted to facepalm, "Anyway." I say, "Why the fuck are the Aeldari here? And you three is a better question?"

"Watch your tongue, I am Chapter Master Ragnar of the Astartes Legions!"

"And I am the Lord Commander Militant Joseph of the Terran Old Guard, So know your place Astarte, you are talking to a High Lord of Terra and I am not in the mood..."

"Primates will be primates." I hear the Aeldari say.

1