Chapter 63- You can rest
22 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Well, you can rest now. Since, you are now being defended by guards in a safe location. So, rest while you can”.

Amanda looked at her feet and surveyed her surroundings. She could not do anything but laugh at the situation. And closed her eyes.

The three of them sat quietly for quite a while. The guards did not disturb their comfort but Mikhail wished that they could be given some sort of a bed. Sitting on the ground all tied up wasn’t exactly the comfort one would be contented with. The last of the crimson rays of the sun rushed into the room through the window.

Diego sat there, wandering into the distance with cloudy eyes. Amanda sighed heavily and threw her body on the floor, all hopes lost and gone from her eyes. Mikhail slid towards her and gently placed his head upon her lap.       

“H-hey, what are you doing?” yelled Amanda.

“Using your thigh as pillow. What do you think?”

“Get permission first!”

“Doubt you would have given it to me if I asked you”

Mikhail positioned himself comfortably and closed his eyes.

“Yeahhhh” moaned Mikhail.  

“Feels good?” asked Amanda tauntingly.

“Yup. What about you? Gonna have the most relaxing sleep of your life?” taunted Mikhail.  

“You know I can’t. Just thinking about what’ll happen. My hands are shivering and my stomach… it hurts, the image of his ugly face is just, Ugghhh”.

“Then just stop letting thoughts enter”. 

“I can’t. How am I supposed to not think about it. It’s like having a knife at your throat”

“You don’t think. Remember this. Not a single thought is yours. It’s just growing crazy cause you’re unconscious and being identified with them more easily”.

“What on earth are you babbling about now?”

“Do you want to sleep or not?” asked Mikhail.  

“I don’t want it, especially if it’s from you”

“Says the girlie whose whole life goal is to rest in peace”

“Just leave me alone. I’m not getting lessons about how to sleep from you”.

“Alright”

They both quieted down. An hour or so passed away. They were not so sure of the time. The dark gloomy room was now illuminated by the moon light that descended down from the window. Amanda stared blankly at the ceiling until a noise from beside her made even that impossible.

God, Diego’s snoring.

She looked at her surroundings. One of the guards, Shin Jian was sleep. But the other, Keiman was still keenly observing them while on his chair. She sighed. Thoughts reeked into her mind:  

Even if we somehow knocked these two out, there are probably guards outside. Assuming that I could do that in the first place. Damn it What would have happened if I didn’t do something so stupid? We would all be just lying in the house, fooling around, laughing at each other’s stupidity and…resting. Safe and sound.

0