Chapter 90- A betrayer
28 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

                  As soon as the door to the house was opened everyone went past Mikhail and dragged themselves to upstairs towards the bedrooms. Guys to the one located in the first floor and girls and women to the bedroom upstairs. While Mikhail walked towards the bedroom, he heard a quarrel going on up there. Curious, he walked up the stairs and saw Amanda and Serena sharing menacing glares at one another while Emma, Gabi were silently watching them.

“I’m saying you don’t get to sleep here” said Serena.

“Who gave you the right to order around me, bitch! You’re the one who stole the earth gem and tried to kill Bold” hissed Amanda.

“The earth gem is no one’s possession. And I spared Bold’s life and decided to save your stupid ass. So I guess that gives me the right. You’re the one who betrayed your friends, your newfound family”.

Hearing those words Amanda’s shoulders slumped. Realizing that she hit a nerve Serena continued.

“You may call me a stranger or bring up my past attempt of thievery. But listen this. I am not the one to betray my people for a few measly golds. You’ve broken these people’s trust, their hearts and no sorry is gonna fix that”.

Amanda gave no reply. Declaring her victory over the quarrel with a smirk, Serena turned around and entered the room and slammed the door shut. Amanda sighed and turned around to face Mikhail. She avoided eye contact and went past him down the stairs. Mikhail slowly followed her. Amanda grabbed a blanket from the wardrobe of the first floor bedroom and went into the living room. She carelessly threw the blanket on it and slumped on the sofa with it. With the corner of her eyes she saw Mikhail and knitted her eyebrows.

“What do you want?”

“That’s the tone you’re going to talk to a member of your family?” smirked Mikhail.

“Ugh”

She turned around to face the chaise of the sofa. Seeing her adorably stubborn side Mikhail winced and went past her to jump and land on the swinging bed. The two of them quietly rested for a while until Amanda raised her head.

“Why aren’t you going to the boy’s bedroom?”.

“You’ll be all alone here. How can a gentleman such as myself allow that to happen”

Amanda shook her head at his silliness and put her head back on the pillow.

“Do you want me to talk with Serena? Think she is being a little too bossy for a new guest”

“It’s, it’s fine. Afterall, Emma and Gabi said nothing. All I understood from that silence was that they probably agreed with her”

“Well, if you say so”.

“Mikhail?”

“Hmm?”

“Why are you still trying to be nice to me? I…You do realize I tried to kill you all, right?” said Amanda in a hollow tone.  

“Oh, fun fact is that Diego also tried to do the same, so did Serena, I heard. But I’m still not making a tantrum about it. It will be pretty inconsistent if I act rudely towards you specifically”.

“I, I wouldn’t be so nice, if I were in your shoes” said Amanda somewhat sadly.

“I know you wouldn’t. You’re a grumpy girl. That’s the only thing I got about your personality in these few days”. 

Amanda giggled a bit. But it was followed with a sigh and she blankly stared at the armchair of the sofa. They exchanged silences for a while. Mikhail stared at the ceiling of the room silently. Amanda tried to ignore him and sleep. But one thought bothered her.       

“Don’t you feel cold without a blanket, Mikhail?”

“Hmm, yeah. But there isn’t any extra blanket left. It can’t be helped”.

“You can go back to the bedroom if you like. I will be fine alone” said Amanda softly.

“No way. That sounds way too lonely. And the only conclusion I reached from your crazy actions is that you’re not a person to be left alone. The kookoo head of yours is prone to devilish thoughts. So, no I’m staying. To make sure you’re companied and wouldn’t kill us all in our sleep”.

The last part was obviously meant as a joke but a thought of regret crossed Mikhail’s head after the words left his mouth. But regardless, it still made Amanda laugh. Her laughter was low and it quickly vanished. But to Mikhail’s ears it sounded genuine. The two of them became silent for a while, until Amanda got up and changed the sofa from a single bed to a double bed. She went back into the blanket and gazed at Mikhail with the corner of her eyes. He looked at her and shifted his gaze back to the ceiling. He knew what were the implications of those actions were but pretended not to realize it.

0