Chapter 93- Deadly mission
32 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When the hype died down and everyone else became awake they had breakfast in dining room. Thompson kept the steam high by continuously shipping the two who were caught red handed. Amanda tried her best to hide her face behind all the food. While Mikhail laughed it all off. Serena did not seem concerned, but she probably figured out that she was the root cause of all. After they were finished joking around, it was becoming clear that they were running out of topics to laugh about.
Serena opened her message box and closed it again.

“You got a meeting with someone?” asked Emma.

“No, I just sent a message to my family. Saying that I’m perfectly fine and having fun with my new friends”

She looked around all of them with a grin and spoke:

“Now my friends, wouldn’t it be a little rude to bore a fabulous woman such as myself? Let’s do something entertaining” 

“Oh oh. Lads, whattdya say we go to the cinema today, ehh?” roared Thompson with energy.

“Whaaaa, That sounds splendid. It’s been so long since I saw one” cried Gabi while she hopped like a bunny only to be pulled down to the chair by Diego.

“That’s a nice idea” said Mikhail.

Until a harmonious buzzing was heard in the air and a red button signifying a notification popped up in front of each person.

“For all of us?” said Bold

“I guess so” answered Emma.

They all pushed the button and a black screen showed up. Bold read his.

                                                           From: The game masters
                                 
                                     We are proud to announce that the first wave has now begun.
                                                This wave’s name is “Master Missionary”.
 Each player will get a mission message that asks them to do a certain task for a special prize. The task and prizes will be different for each and every person. As for player ‘Bold’ your mission is written down below. If you successfully execute the mission before the wave ends we will reward you your prize immediately afterwards. 

                                                      ‘Mission: Kill your friend Mikhail
                                                      Prize: 4000 gold’.

Reading the text down below Bold’s guts tightened. He raised his head to see everyone in horror. They were throwing suspicious stares at one another.
 
“Okay, this is no time to roleplay as an introvert. Show me all of your messages, now!” roared Mikhail with tension on his face.

“But what if like, It’s really embarrassing and stuff?” said Serena with a wink.

But seeing Mikhail’s crystal cold eyes Serena bit her tongue and opened up her menu and everyone followed after her. Mikhail flipped the text around with his fingers

“Here is mine”

The text in front of Mikhail clearly said:

‘Mission: Kill
your friend Amanda
Prize: 4000 gold’.   

“Mine says this” said Thompson and flipped his text:

‘Mission: Kill a random kid who is 14 years old or younger
Prize: 2000’

“And here is mine. Even if threatened by death it’s something that I will never do in my life” said Diego.

Mission: Kill your sister Gabi
Prize: 7000 gold’.

“Damn, that number is high” mumbled Serena.

“What’s your mission, lady. As far as I’m concerned you’re the most fishy person around here” roared Diego at her.

“Relax. I won’t follow it. Or at least, it won’t be any of you that I kill” said Serena with a grin and turned her textbox.

Mission: Kill male players(max 10)
Prize: 1500 gold per kill’

“That has the potential to go a loooong way” said Thompson.

Amanda silently rotated her text.

‘Mission: Kill either Bold, Gabi, Emma, Mikhail or Diego
Prize: 3500 gold’

Gabi turned her text with a bit of a worry on her face

‘Mission: Kill the ‘racing rabbit’ animas(max 10).
Prize: 800 gold per kill’
 

“Wait a minute. That doesn’t actually sound bad” said Mikhail.

“Hell yeah, it doesn’t. They are just AI’s. Let’s do it” roared Thompson.

“Y-you don’t understand. I-I” stuttered Gabi.

“There is no way she is gonna do it. Gabi likes-“ said Diego but Gabi’s high pitched voice boomed over his:

“I LOVE THEM. THEY ARE JUST SO CUTE. I can’t KILL THEM. I just can’t. I’m so sorry”

“That’s nonsense. You have to. Yours is probably the only one actually doable” grunted Thompson.

“I can’t. Such loveable and p-poor animals, I-I can’t” said Gabi with a depressed face.

“It’s not about you, it’s about money” said Amanda coldly from beside her.

Bold took his eyes off the small quarrel to realize that Emma was blankly staring at her textscreen.

“Umm, Emma?”

Hearing his voice Emma nodded and asked “Do you want to see? I-I, it’s actually doable. That’s what’s so scary about it”.

“Well, at least, we’ll look at it first” said Bold calmly but sweat trickled down his chin as Emma flipped the text towards him.

Mission: Kill ‘PaK Son Chul’ (The compass in your bag will guide you to his location)
Prize: 4000 gold’

Mikhail read the text and his eyes widened:

“I-it’s that guy right? The guy who killed Mei?”

“Yes” said Emma and pulled out a metallic compass from her bag. Bold and Mikhail closely examined the compass while everyone else was dumbstruck after reading the text Emma got.

0