Chapter 100- Her rage
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When seeing Thompson’s saddened eyes she stopped struggling. Instead a face of mockery and contempt appeared on her face.

“You have become a coward in both life and combat. Do you have no shame? Tom?”

“I don’t understand a thing you’re saying. Why don’t you start from the top. And STOP CALLING ME TOM”

“Isn’t it obvious? The mission message dummy. I’m here to finish off your miserable life” gritted Chloe.  

Thompson frowned at the fiendish declaration of hers and yelled.

“Some way to justify a murder. Hmph, I’m your brother aren’t I?!”

Thompson brought the the tip of his sword at her neck but her eyes were still as sharp and condescending as ever.

“Heh, now you’re bringing up blood ties. But when responsibility calls for, you’re just a stranger and I’m the one left with all the burden of feeding my children”.

“W-what children, couldn’t someone explain, please?” said Emma. 

“You left me all alone to beg for food with those children. You knew you basically committed murder at that point. But you just left without even a warning” said Chloe hoarsely.

“Cause I’m not responsible for your stupid life choices” roared Thompson.

“I am your sister, you lousy fool. Does that mean anything to you? You just left me alone to die. You weren’t there for me or for the children. Even when I was kidnapped into this horrid world, you weren’t there”

Her anger subsided into sorrow. Tears trickled down her hot red cheek.
Thompson gave her an annoyed look, turned around and walked away.

“Hey, what are we supposed to do with your sister?” inquired Diego with irritation.

“Think of something yourselves. I’m tired of that bitch’s whining. That’s why I ran from home in the first place”

The three of them were left dumbfounded. They exchanged looks back and forth. Regardless of their decision Chloe now seemed to have completely lost her will for strife and struggle.
                                                                 

                    The underground sewers were dark and dirty. Smells of burned skin rose out of the boiling hot water that ran beneath them. Bold rode the horse on the slope towards the darkness while Mikhail grabbed from his waist from behind. The occasional lamps set in the wall was their only source of direction. Bold had become an experienced rider after his practices.  He had learnt to let the horse naturally find its path in times like this. So, falling into the water was not something to be afraid now. But still the fear of a random attack from the shadows was something Bold was not going to get rid of anytime soon.

“Mikhail, I have to say. But you really were angry at Rasputtin just now, right?”

“Yeah. I did. What?”

“You know, I always thought there was nothing that can get to you. You seemed so, composed all the time”

Bold was only trying to console himself and started talking out of his mouth with no consideration. But regardless, he ended up striking a conversation that seemed vital. Mikhail smiled and spoke:  

“Well, if I was an enlightened being I would boldly declare that I was acting. But that’s not the case. Seeing the bastard’s ugly face just struck a nerve that I never knew existed. For a moment I completely forgot myself. But there is also probably another reason”

“What?”

“Trying to repress and push your anger down is egoistic. If anger is within me and I want to beat the shit out of that drunk fool. Why must I stop my own body from doing it. The rage and anger just felt so natural. I let it all out. And I have to say, it feels good”       

But before he could ask any more questions they turned around the corner and Mikhail’s voice suddenly become serious:

“It’s him”

0