Chapter 5 – Sera
2.7k 7 97
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Wow. I can't believe I made it on to trending guys. Like seriously this is the coolest thing ever! Thank you so much for reading everyone. To celebrate this unexpected (undeserved?) occasion I'm going to give you guys the next chapters ahead of schedule as well as drop my Patreon price. Please comment, rate, and share the story. Thank you again, seriously. Enjoy!


 

Lucy was shocked at the information the echolocational wave sent back to her. In the cabin there was no one but a female presumably human, about 5’8 to 5’9 feet tall lying on a soft cot in one of the corners.

 

This was a great surprise to Lucy because of how powerful the girl’s psi force was! 

 

‘For her to be able to intrude a pureblood’s thoughts so easil- no to be able to project her thoughts so widely! This girl’s mind is very powerful.’

 

Telepathy was one of the hallmark abilities of individuals with psychic power. According to Amara’s memories magic beasts, vampires, and elves were the races with the highest population of individuals with psionic abilities.

 

 Humans and lycans rarely had strong psychic power. Of course, there are rare instances where gifted individuals would develop the power, but it seems even Amara’s never ran into one of these gifted individuals.’ Lucy quickly surmised.

 

“I have to get a closer look!” Lucy said as she flew to a window near the side of the house.

 

 She perched on a nearby tree branch just outside the building and stared into the simple room.

 

There were barely any objects of importance to be seen in the room besides the thin wood walls and small pieces of furniture.

 

 

Located in the back far left of the room was a sickly-looking girl lying flat on a cot. She looked to be about 18 or 19, just blossoming into a woman. Her cute face was fine like fresh jade and complete with a pair of dimples.

 

Long raven black hair with matching bangs curtained behind her as she laid on her back. The paleness of her skin contrasted greatly with the thin green robe she was wearing. As she laid completely unmoving on the cot, her cold cobalt blue eyes stared at the straw roof unblinking.

 

‘S-she really is human! But she looks like a foreigner, I wonder how she wound up here?’ Lucy wondered as she continued to spy on the girl. ‘By the paleness of her skin I’d think she was a vampire if her eyes weren’t blue. How mysterious…’

 

Suddenly Lucy felt a sudden wave of psychic energy brush just past her consciousness.

 

‘Oh fuck…’ thought Lucy.

 

“W-who’s there? Show yourself” the voice of the young girl cried out towards the window.

 

 Lucy flattened her body against the tree branch and stayed completely quiet in hopes the girl would lose her presence.

 

“I know you’re there. Show yourself, o-or I’ll scream” the girl said in the empty room.

 

Realizing the jig was up Lucy’s commanded her vampire bat body to fly to the edge of the windowsill.

 

‘Fuck I hope I don’t regret this, but then again anything is better than being chased by a mob with spears’

 

“Haha they definitely would chase you with spears, little one. Tell me how are you able to communicate with me? I’ve never met another person let alone beast who could” The girl asked Lucy still unmoving on the cot.

 

‘Hmph I didn’t realize you were reading my thoughts, rude! But I could ask you the question girl, where are you from? Were you born on this island?’

 

“I’m Sera little bat and yes I was born on this island. My father is the shaman’ Sera told Lucy honestly

 

‘Really? How come you don’t-‘

 

“Don’t look like the others?” the girl asked as a trace of sadness appeared in her eyes. “Father says I’m being punished by our ancestors for not being a boy. That’s why I can’t  walk or move. Father says I have to stay here so I don’t offend the sun or other villagers with my weird appearance”

 

Lucy had an incredulous look on her vampire bat face at the girl’s explanation. Sexism against women seemed to be practiced in this island village. Along with discrimination against disabled individuals.

 

 Lucy had witnessed  both of the barbaric prejudices amongst the commoners  in her world of Morgana. However, she herself was fortunate enough to not have faced much bullying stemming from sexism in her past life, that is until her unfortunate coup and subsequent death.

 

 No matter what, Lucy thought it was unacceptable to keep a disabled person locked up like this, let alone a young woman as gifted as Sera.

 

‘Your father is an idiot and-’, suddenly Lucy froze and took flight.

 

 ‘Someone’s coming!’ her senses alerted her.

 

“Wait! Come back!” Sera called after Lucy’s flying figure just as her father opened the door to their cabin.

 

 “It’s dinner time Sera. Oi! You better not be talking to demons again” the old man said oblivious to the previous events.

 

Lucy flew swiftly through the dusk skies of the island, deep in thought.

 

‘Whew that was close, what was that girl’s name again…Sera right? She was quite interesting; I might have to keep my eye on her. She may prove useful if that shaman fellow she mentioned becomes an issue in the future’ Lucy planned nefariously as she flapped towards the waterfall clearing.

97