Chapter 7 – Night Changes Pt. 1
2.8k 5 82
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Spoiler

WARNING: This chapter may contain content that may be triggering to some readers. READER DISCRETION IS ADVISED

[collapse]

Lucy’s body flickered all over the over the forest as she rocketed from shadow to shadow. Her figure was moving so fast that vague afterimages could now be seen in the air. While also in a rush Lucy was using this time to gauge her improvements after reaching the Apostle rank.

 

After running and shadow jumping at high speeds for a little less than ten minutes, Lucy finally reached Sera’s family sized wood cabin.

 

‘Wow that took me about half the time as it did before’ remarked Lucy.

 

Lucy turned into her bat form before flying to the window nearest Sera’s cot. She felt somewhat bad because she’d been late and now, they might not be able to talk but she still thought she should stop by.

 

‘Who knows? Maybe she’s still awake’ she thought hopefully.

 

Lucy’s senses told her that Sera wasn’t alone and that her stepfather, the shaman was most likely in there. Be that as it may Lucy felt they could probably conversate telepathically.

 

As she crawled upon the windowsill of Sera corner of the cabin, she peered into the dark cabin and looked upon a shocking scene that almost made her choke in anger.

 

“What the-!” she seethed outraged.

 

On top of the young woman Sera, her father could be seen trying to ravage her poor body. Without care or tenderness, he ripped off the handicapped girls’ cloths and roughly grabbed and touched her smooth skin.

 

 Like a dog in heat he panted and licked all over Sera’s expressionless face.

 

 Sera’s empty cobalt eyes stared up at the moon as tears silently trailed down her face. She made not a cry nor a protest as if this was a standard routine.

 

Lucy’s fangs lengthened in anger at the disgusting sight before her. She felt that pig was clearly taking advantage of his handicapped daughter. Her friend and soon to be progeny!

 

‘Sera!’ Lucy called out mentally to her.

 

A bit of light returned to Sera’s empty eyes as they locked onto Lucy’s bat form. Sera’s face turned a deep scarlet as she felt embarrassment from her friend having to see her in such a state.

 

‘Please go!’ Sera plead as her father continued his assault on her young body.

 

Lucy couldn’t believe Sera wanted her to leave right now and let that animal assault her!  In her old kingdom sexual assault was a common occurrence and she vowed to outlaw it, alas she died too soon.

 

Lucy’s vision took on a tinge of red as she launched herself into the cabin towards the fat shaman. She hadn’t been this angry since she’d come back to life and fully intended to take it out on this human.

 

“Get off her this instant!” she bellowed.

 

Lucy shifted from her vampire bat form in midair as she entered the cabin. Her onyx colored claws found their mark in the shaman’s shoulders as she pressed him into the opposite cabin wall.

 

 The pudgy man’s face lost all color and even his once excited erection dropped dismally at Lucy’s enraged sight.

 

“Dem-“ he attempted to scream before Lucy bit into his throat with her glittering extended canines.

 

SHWING

 

As she drained the man with her mouth her left hand made a swift swishing motion as she castrated his dying body. Lucy drank every drop of the shaman’s blood before she dropped his lifeless body to the ground with a dull thud.

 

“Good riddance that hobknocker deserved it. His blood may have been delicious, but he disgusts me” Lucy spat as she walked over his corpse.

 

This was Lucy’s first time tasting human blood and though she was trying not to reflect on it; she hated the fact that she enjoyed the taste far more than anything she had before.

 

She’d most definitely killed him to save Sera, but she now understood firsthand why humans and vampires had such a hard time coexisting. One was tasted naturally delectable to the other.

 

“L-Lucy?” Sera called out to her from across the small cabin.

 

Sera’s seminude and bruised figure stared shocked at the scene before her. Lucy slowly turned to face the girl before transforming the blood staining her face and hands into droplets which she then swallowed.

 

 Sera watched the entire scene with unblinking eyes before saying.

 

“T-Thank you … you saved me.” her rosy tearstained face looked at Lucy as if she was her messiah.

 

“How long?” Lucy asked with no expression

 

“A y-year… once Mother died stepfather said I had to fulfill her duties” Sera responded after a brief pause

 

Lucy’s face frowned as her hands clenched once she heard Sera’s response. She felt sick that her friend had to go through that. As she looked down at the drained corpse near her feet, she wished  she could have killed him slower.

 

‘Wait- what the!’

 

Suddenly she heard the sounds of footsteps coming!

 

“Sera people are coming; I have to take you with me” she said as she scooped the girl up with no room for argument.

 

“Oof” yelped Sera while being handled like she weighed nothing.

 

Lucy jumped out the open back window with Sera and dashed madly through the forest towards her base. Once they reached the waterfall clearing Lucy laid Sera in the cave behind the waterfall.

 

 A long silence stretched between the two as Lucy paced back and forth in the cave.  She couldn’t believe that she had actually killed a man… and liked it, but she just couldn’t allow that guy to live.

 

Human blood was the sweetest thing she had ever tasted. Just the thought of it made Lucy’s gums ache and mouth water even now. She had long disowned her human life in the past, but only tonight did she realize humans were prey.

 

 After tonight Lucy knew with startling clarity now that she’d have to taste more human blood in the future, lots more.

 

 Just as she was reliving her murder of the shaman Sera’s voice echoed in her head.

 

‘W-What now?’ Sera asked hesitantly.

 

Sera was nervous that Lucy would leave her here now. The other villagers would definitely investigate the death of the shaman and if they somehow found Lucy’s lair, they would definitely try to kill her!

 

 But if Lucy left her here, she could just escape safe and sound, but Sera would definitely die. No matter what option Sera felt she was burdening Lucy further.

 

“We will have to lay low in here for a while, I suppose” Lucy replied as a nefarious idea sprung into her head. “Or… no you would never…”

 

“Or what? Tell me…” Sera pressed for an answer.

 

Lucy turned around to face the girl as her golden eyes glowed devilishly in the dark cave. She slowly approached Sera until she was standing over the young woman, “Or… you could walk out of here yourself”

 

Lucy’s words shook Sera to her core as her usually dead eyes started to water furiously.

 

“Ha, that can’t happen I’m a cripple and always have been u-unless…You know a way how?” Sera replied stuttering aloud. Lucy laid over the girl’s crippled laying figure as she whispered

 

“Yes… The way you are now you are nothing but a cripple who will never be able to control her own fate, her own life, even who you love...” Lucy said harshly to the now openly crying girl, “But shh… I can fix you…”


To Be Continued …

 

82