Chapter 12 – Visit
2.3k 6 62
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Following her master, Sera shifted as well before beginning to explain everything she knew about the ships. She communicated that the ships would come fairly often and dock near the village at night on new moons. 

As Sera explained she felt sudden chills as her mind wondered to distant painful memories. She remembered nights with new moons in detail as her stepfather would never have time to assault her on those nights as he had to be down by the beaches as well. 

Sera silently prayed to her ancestors often in thanks for the reprieve that the new moon provided.

Just as she finished telling Lucy what she knew she was wrapped in a tight embrace.

"Thank you so much, you have no idea how pleased you’ve made me with this information," Lucy thanked her before untangling herself.

'This is most pleasing!' Lucy thought satisfied.

Earlier when she asked whether there was a way off the island, she hadn't expected there to actually be one. Lucy was fully prepared to have to build her kingdom out the mud on Verak, but the possibility of visiting a more civilized land greatly enticed her. 

 Furthermore Lucy had a feeling that this Millenium Trading Company could be how the villagers got their hand on such high quality silver weapons. She definitely had to investigate.

“It’s time” Lucy  said cryptically while staring at waning shadows stretching into the cave. Sera stood dumbfounded for a moment before catching on.

‘The sun is setting!’ She realized before breaking out into a hungry grin herself.

The femme fatale pair of vampires approached the rocky opening to the cave that was guarded by the waterfall. 

Once the last ray of light could no longer be seen behind the curtain of water, Lucy and Sera’s shadowy figures darted out into the night towards the Chieftain Jia’s cabin.

Dark clouds drifted ominously across the new moon lit night sky as a chilling wind blew across the island, causing the usually warm night to become creepily cold. At the same time the mysterious gale force winds created unnerving mournful wails as they blew through the canopies of the many trees. 

The inhabitants of Verak island had a horrible feeling in the pit of their stomachs and locked up their cabins extra securely tonight while praying to their ancestors for protection.

 The string of killings the previous night and the death of the shaman had all but confirmed that someone or something was after the villagers. And Chief Jia's superstitious talk of demons and angry ancestors only served to add to the growing sense of unease everyone was feeling.

Two figures cloaked in shadows darted across the dark green terrain of the night forest. 

Occasionally they would disappear into shadows before appearing far away from other shadows. Like this the two figures moved in a linear direction towards the sleeping village of the natives.

“Master just up ahead is Chieftain Jia’s family cabin” Sera said as she stopped on a heavily wooded hill overlooking the V shaped village.

Lucy stopped as well before eying the large brown two-story cabin positioned at the very rear of the village. 

The impressive two-story structure stood out starkly in comparison to the meager one floor cabins ahead of it. Furthermore, it had much more detailing such as bamboo bars on the windows as well as sturdier looking doors and even a small flower garden.

A small smile worked itself upon Lucy’s lips as she observed the Chief’s place of living. 

‘It seems he’s expecting us’ she thought wickedly, ‘I guess our message from last night  was received loud and clear.’

Surrounding the entrance to the two-story cabin was a considerable force of guards. Ten bronze skinned muscular tribesmen with menacing tattoos stood side by side. 

They wore tight fitting navy robes like they were the Chief’s personal guard force. As if they weren’t menacing enough each of the guards had sharp and deadly looking machetes in each of their hands.

As Lucy and Sera eyed their targets from atop the dark hill their fangs and claws slowly elongated. 

‘I call dibs on the two plumper guards to the left master’ Sera said telepathically as she began to drool slightly.

Lucy chuckled softly before replying, ‘Your ability decides what you get to eat my progeny’. 

Kicking her feet off the grassy hill beneath her Lucy took to the skies in her bat form followed closely by Sera.

The two vampires flapped and flew inconspicuously towards the two-story compound. Shortly after taking flight they were directly above the cabin. 

Shifting forms Lucy and Sera silently landed upon the roof of the cabin and glared down at the unsuspecting guards.

‘Ok, let’s do this quick and silently!’ instructed Lucy telepathically to the hungry Sera. 

The younger vampire only nodded her head in response as she eyed the plumpest guard standing just below her. Lucy rolled her eyes at the bloodlust Sera was displaying before hopping into action.

Lucy dropped from the roof of the cabin elegantly like a fallen angel and landed on the shoulders of the guards just under her. 

Wasting no time her sharp obsidian claws made quick slashing motions.

SHWING SHWING

Since last nights feeding frenzy Lucy noticed her reflexes and use of her vampiric instincts came a lot more naturally. 

Before during fights it almost felt like someone else was moving her limbs, only now did Lucy feel a bit more in control yet still in touch with her inherent instincts and skills.

After one breath the two guards standing nearest to the guard, she landed on top of had lost their heads as blood spurted from their necks.

At this point the guard under her was struggling and attempting to scream, sadly Lucy’s smooth creamy white thighs were squeezing his neck and head so tight he couldn’t get a word out, let alone a breath in. 

Suddenly with a dull pop his skull cracked open as blood and brain bits oozed all around Lucy’s thighs.

The seven other guards had barely recovered from the shock of this beautiful seductress slaughtering three of their comrades in less than 5 seconds right in front of them. 

Just as they began to react and moved to counterattack, Sera’s tall figure jumped from the roof and landed directly in front of the group of guards.


 

62