Chapter 34 – Anew
639 1 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Mars couldn’t wait to test out his new strength as well as his new physique. 

He hadn’t noticed because of his breakthrough but his body’s appearance was much different from before as well. 

Glancing down he noticed his skin was much smoother and blemish free and had a shining hue as if he was glowing . He could also see that his body was much more toned and muscular than before.

But after gaining an understanding of his body’s changes Mars quickly left the still slightly smoldering cave. He wondered where Lucy was and felt a strange pull to go look for her.

‘'I cant believe she actually gave me the strength she promised… I must give her my thanks’ Mars mused to himself.

Just as he was heading into the forest from the  meadow to continue his search a jolt in his heart stopped him where he stood.

 Mars stared out into the heavily thicketed woods when that familiar flash of white hair he knew appeared between a pair trees headed right for him.

“Master!” he yelled and waved happily.

As he waved and awaited his master’s incoming figure, his brows furrowed as he noticed another figure beside her.

‘Who could that be?’ Mars wondered to himself

He didn’t have to wait long to find out because not long after that Lucy and Sera dashed their way over to him.

“It’s good to see that you survived” said Lucy as her eyes scanned Mars’s figure, “ a shame your clothes didn’t though. Your current form is kind of uh revealing"

Mars looked down and realized he was completely nude right now as he turned a deep tomato red from embarrassment.

“My apologies master I hadn’t realized-“

“By the way, this is Sera. In the future you will respect and abide by her words as if they were mine. Understand?” Lucy asked in interruption

“Y-yes. Of course, it is a pleasure to make your acquaintance Sera”

Sera attempted to be polite and shake Mars’s hand but seeing his current predicament she opted for a simple nod in his direction.

“Excellent. Now that introductions are out of the way… How do you feel Mars?” asked Lucy

She was very curious as to what changes he had undergone, back in the cave was the first time something like that had ever been attempted.

 Lucy knew from Amara’s memories that the transfer of mana into blood energy was possible, it was how and why higher ranked magical beasts proved more filling for vampires, but she wasn’t sure that transforming blood energy to mana was possible.

Lucy had instructed Mars to only procure blood of Class 2 magic beasts just in case there was any loss in the transference process.

As such Lucy waited with bated breath for Mars’s reply while trying to visually assess his changes.

Looking closely Lucy noticed that Mars’s skin was completely unmarred by any injuries or bruises. 

His skin looked like it was reborn anew as even his old scars and wounds were all healed up.

After hearing Lucy’s inquiry Mars released a shred of the burning mana in his mana pool as a slowly revolving ball of crimson fire began to form in his hands. 

The small ball of fire couldn’t have been bigger than an orange but the heat it gave off was staggering. Lucy and Sera who were standing 3 to 5 feet away felt like the ball of flames was right beside them.

“I’ve broken through to the peak of the Intermediate Rank now” he said with a huge grin painted on his face.

Following his trial in the basin of blood and the flames of the Blazing Shield Mars had broken through not once but twice! 

This was in addition to his muscles and bodily organs being tempered by the tyrannical energies. Thanks to that Mars could now exert much more physical strength than ever before.

Mars could also feel his mana had gone through a quantitative and qualitative shift for the better. The trial by blood and fire had somehow made his mana much more robust and concentrated.

 Even now he could feel it boiling but not painfully anymore inside of him.

The boiling mana pumping through his new and improved mana pathways made Mars feel as giddy as a kid. He had never felt such strength and power under his command before. 

Several times he had to pinch himself in fear that he was dreaming.

The ball of crimson flames in Mars hand glowed eerily in the dark woods before it began to morph into a triangle and then a square much to the surprise of Lucy and Sera who gazed at it mystified.

Truth be told Mars himself was quite mystified as well. Up until now this control and finesse he was displaying with fire had been unknown to him.

“Y-you don’t need to cast aloud anymore?” Lucy asked as she gazed at the writhing flames.

“No master, the flames simply do my bidding now” quickly answered Mars as he summoned another ball of flames above his head.

Following his transformation into Lucy’s Blood Slave, Mars behavior and attitude toward her had also unknowingly changed.

Mars himself was oblivious to these changes and felt exactly the same, except now he felt Lucy was his entire world.

 He now saw Lucy as his Queen and master, her words were the end all be all and he would defend her with his life.

Such was the power of the bond between a Blood Slave and their master.

 Unbeknownst to Mars he had unwittingly become akin to a living puppet of Lucy’s. He still had free will to an extent, but he couldn’t harm or betray Lucy, nor could he even form the notion in his mind now.

“Congratulations on your newfound power and freedom. The world is now yours for the taking. As a peak rank Intermediate mage and soon to be Great Mage you can do whatever you want as long as you’re smart about it”

“Now let’s go get you some clothes and tie up those loose ends we left in Port Blackwood. We still have a day or two until our planned attack and we must plan every detail perfectly.”

“Yes,  sire” said Sera and Mars together as they bowed before following after Lucy.


 

25