C13|Leaving
1.1k 8 32
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Entering the city of Shirotsume with Gildarts, Luciel was greeted by the shout of Charles.

 

"Luciel.."

 

"Oh, grandpa Charles." Seeing the old man, Ciel ran to them.

 

"Where were you. We searched for the whole town to find you. Suddenly the rune knights came and it was mayhem out here"

 

"Ohh..so they came here too... " Ciel thought while explaining the whole ordeal to them.

 

"So that's what happened. But still, it was dangerous for you to do that. Even if you are strong enough, don't put yourself in danger knowingly" The elderly man admonished the young boy.

 

"Hah..I'm sorry to worry you." Ciel said in an apologetic voice.

 

"Geez. Even though I thought you'll be fine anyway, it was unexpected to think that you'd go after them. "

 

"Ha..ha.."

 

"Aside from that...Ciel defeated everyone on his own again. Even a mage. How cool is that." Noah said with stars in his eyes.

 

"That's right, I too cool." Ciel said puffing his chest.

 

The elder smiled looking at the antics of the boys and asked.

"So what are you going to do now. We're done here. If you want you can come with us."

 

"Actually.."

 


"Do you want to join Fairy tail..?" Gildarts asked the boy in front of him.

 

"I...I can join your guild..?" He asked suspiciously.

 

"Yeah. I mean you have to ask the master for joining actually. Since I haven't seen him rejecting anyone capable before."

 

"No I mean, is there an age limit or something...?"

 

"meh...I don't think so. If you can do magic, you can basically join. But there might be some restrictions for you taking some quests until you're of proper age though." Gildarts replied after thinking a bit.

 

After giving it a though Luciel looked at Gildarts.

"I see...Then I'll be in your care." Luciel said bowing.

 

"Sweet. Come on. We have to go get your reward then."

 

"Hmm. Which reward..?"

 

"You defeated the slavers. So it's only natural to get the rewards right."

 

"But aren't you the one who accepted the quest though."

 

"No, no, no. How can I take the credit without doing anything? So I'll get them to give it to you instead" Gildarts Said walking towards the rune knights.

 

"Hmm. He seems to be a pretty decent guy." Ciel thought following the man.

 


 

"So like that I decided to join Fairy tail." Ciel finished explaining to Charles and Noah.

 

"Woahh. Fairy tail..? Isn't that the famousest guild in all fire..?" Noah said excitedly.

 

"Famousest is not a word Noah. But still, to think you get to join Fairy Tail.." After correcting his grandson he said turning towards Ciel.

 

"Are they that amazing..?"

 

"Of course...By the way, is that man standing there the fairy tail wizard. " Charles said pointing towards Gildarts.

 

"Oh yeah, that's him. Hey, Gildarts come over here." Luciel turned and called out to him.

 

"Gildarts...where have I heard that name before.."After thinking for a bit  Charles cried out in realization.

 

"You...You're Gildarts Clive, the S-class mage of fairy tail."

 

"Heh..looks like quite famous myself huh." He said walking over to the party.

 

"S-class..? What's that..?"

 

"Mages that are the most elite members of a guild are called S-class mages. Only they can take quests with very high difficulty that are classified as S-class, in other words, they are the second most powerful people in a guild. Just below the guild master." Guildarts explained to the boy.

 

"Ohh...I knew you were amazing. But I didn't expect this much." the boy said looking back at him.

 

"Why did an S-class mage like you took this kind of job..? Aren't they done by members of lower ranks?"

 

"Oh..I just came back from A long trip. So I took it to get some money for the booze." He said in an embarrassed tone.

 

"I see. If it's you, then we shouldn't need to worry about Ciel anymore then." Charles said relieved.

 

"Ahh...You don't need to worry anyway Grandpa. I can take care of my self." Ciel tried to reassure the elder man.

 

"Haa...I guess I shouldn't then... He may be a bit inexperienced in the ways of the world, so please take care of him." The old man said turning to Gildarts.

 

"Of course" 

 

After completing the conversation, they went to a nearby restaurant to have a meal.

"Say, grandpa, why did you even came to this town in the first place.? " Ciel asked the elderly man drinking a juice.

 

"Hahh...I didn't tell you before..haa" He sighed and looked at his grandson who had his eyes downcast.

 

"It's okay Noah. We actually belong to a noble family, Ciel. Noah's father was my successor, who became the head of the house after I retired." He paused for a bit and continued.

 

"A week ago...he and his wife were assassinated. Thankfully they hid Noah before the assassins could find him. After that, I fled from the territory taking him along."

 

"Then why did you come here. Shouldn't you guys hide somewhere.?"

 

"We came to ask for a favor. The one who governs this place had owed me a favor long ago."

 

"Duke Everlue... I don't think he's a man who would keep promises though." Gildarts said joining the conversation.

 

"Yes. You're right. He denied us flat out. It seems like he never had the intention to pay me back at all." The old man said in a weak voice.

 

"What will you do now..? If the attackers know that you guys are here...It'll be bad."

 

"Don't worry kiddo. I may look like this now, but I have many other routes." He said with a smile.

 

"Do you want me t..." But he was interrupted before he could even finish the sentence.

 

"No. This is a political issue Ciel. You may not understand it now, but once you're involved it even if you are powerful enough there's no going back." Charles said in a grave tone.

 

"But..."

 

"No buts, besides don't you have to go join the guild. I can handle this. So don't worry, okay."

 

"Mmhm" Ciel nodded. Even though they had met only a could of days ago, he considered the old man in good regard.

 

Getting outside the restaurant all of them moved towards the entrance of the town where carriages and carts could be found.

Gildarts went ahead to look for a ride that would get them to Magnolia.

 

"Looks like It's time for us to go.Ciel." Noah said getting in the cart with his grandfather.

 

"Yeah..."

 

"Don't worry about us, I'll send you a letter after we reach somewhere," Noah said with a cheerful smile.

 

"In the future, if you have any trouble look for us at the Junelle family, Okay. We'll be there." Charles also spoke to the boy while getting the cart ready. And then he took out a round-shaped object from his bag. And gave it to Ciel.

 

"What is this Grandpa.?"

 

"It's a model of recognition. Although right now I don't have any power, in the future if you have any trouble, bring that to our family. We'll help you then." He explained about the object.

 

"I see, I will, Grandpa Charles," Ciel said pocketing the medal.

 

The cart moved out towards the entrance and exited the town.

"Goodbye Ciel," Noah yelled from the back of the cart.

"Goodbye Noah." He said waving back to the distancing cart.

 

"Hey Luciel, come on... I got us a ride." Gildarts called out to the boy from back.

 

"Yeah...I'm coming." Turing around Ciel started walking towards the mage to get inside the cart.

 


 

[A few hours later.]

 

Ciel and Gildarts could be seen inside a wagon, heading towards Magnolia. The town where Fairy tail is situated.

 

"So, he can eat and breathe fire..?" Ciel asked the man about a kid who had joined the guild recently.

 

"Yeah, I think he's only a year or two older than you. He tells that a dragon taught him his magic" Gildarts replied.

 

"If he can consume an element to replenish energy, then he must be using a slayer type of magic. That's their main characteristics. And if what he said is true, then he must be a dragon slayer." Ciel thought about the possibilities leaning onto the walls of the wagon.

 

"Hey look...We've reached Magnolia." The driver said from the front of the wagon.

 

Ciel also peeked through a window to the town.

 

Passing through the large gates the wagon entered the town and kept going on. There was a very wide path leading straight to the Southern part of the town.

 

"This road is called Magnolia's central path. Events like parades and such are done here." Gildarts explained to the boy.

 

"Hmmm. This is much bigger than the towns I've been to before."

 

Moving along the central path, the wagon finally stopped in front of a big building.

 

A large entrance with the words Fairy tail carved on the top, followed by a three-story building behind. A flag with the guild emblem soared in the winds on top of the building.

 

"This is Fairy Tail."

32