C17|Time flies
1.1k 7 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

[Ciel POV]

 

Thus Mira, Lisanna, and Elfman joined the guild.

 

Mira was a bit reserved at first. So to cheer her up, both her siblings started learning take over magic. Seeing her brother and sister also do the same magic as her, she also came around finally.

 

Noah sent many letters to me. It seems like he and grandpa reached their destination successfully. Apparently it's in another country than Fiore. I couldn't send some back because they were constantly changing places to avoid trouble.

 

But a problem has arisen recently. Mira wanted Me to go with missions with them. I thought of accepting at first, but as soon as I was about to do so Erza interjected saying that I would be going with her.

 

It seemed to spark a rivalry among them. In that accord, they were pretty much like Grey and Natsu at that point. Although Erza still stops them from fighting, as soon as Mira comes to the scene both of them would be fighting like cats.

 

"That's why I've been pretty much avoiding both of them and going on missions with Natsu or Grey. And besides gramps have been taking me around on meetings and such with him. What am I his secretory..? Still, he pays me a good amount of money. So I can't complain much."

 

He was currently saving up money to build a house in the nearby forest. Maybe it's because he used to live in one. But the vibe and peacefulness of them always attracted him.

 

" Besides, the landlord of my current place is increasing the price quite frequently now."

He thought while floating near the bar in the guild.

"Haah guess I'll take a little nap."

 


 

Time flew. The recent years were very interesting.

Natsu found a supposed 'Dragon' egg from the nearby forest. Lisanna and he tried to hatch it and....a cat came out..?

They named him Happy. 

 

Laxus was promoted to an S-class mage.

"I wanted to participate in the trials too. But the master said that there's an age limit of 12. Or else he would have included me for sure too."

Sighing he continued to think.

 

"Gramps also caused a scene at the guild master conference this year. The thing started when all the masters went drinking after their meeting.

Getting drunk, gramps started bragging about how Fairy tail was the strongest and all. This caused the similarly drunk Phantom's master Jose to try to compete for his guild against ours.

 

Eventually, Jose began to bad-mouth Fairy Tail, which made gramps snap, he then proceeded to beat up Jose black and blue. I along with other masters, had to hold back gramps together before he seriously damaged poor Jose. 

I had to go through a lot of paperwork because of that old man then."

 

Time continued to roll. Two years later, Erza also became an S-class wizard. Followed by Mira the next year. The latter was very upset that she was overtaken by Erza though.

 

Because of that, I was able to go attend S-class missions with them. Since I am quite powerful myself, gramps allowed me to go, as long as either of them was with me.

 

Gildarts started his journey on an impossibly difficult quest called 'The Hundred years Quest'. It's been rumored to continue even after a hundred years now. We gave him a farewell party before he left.

I hope he returns with success.

I'm 11 years old this year. Next year I'm also gonna participate in the S-class trials. So until then, I have to manage with normal ones. Besides I like my life as it is now. I have enough money to live off. As long as I'm not required to I'm fine with ordinary quests.

 

Right now Natsu and I about to go on a job together, It's nothing fancy, just depressing some bandits. With the two of us, it's more than enough for this kind of mission.

 

As we stepped outside along with happy following us flying behind, we saw the Strauss siblings standing outside with luggage. It seemed like they were about to go on a job too.

 

"Yo...Lisanna. You guys are going on a mission too...?" Natsu asked as we approached them.

 

"Yeah, you guys are heading out too...? "

 

"What kind of mission is it," I asked looking at Mira.

 

"Heh...It's a subjugation one. S-class job, The beast hunt." Mira said smirking.

 

"Wow...An S-class mission...! I wanna come too.." Natsu said with stars in his eyes.

"Met too...me too" Happy also joined him.

 

"What..! An S-class..? Mira, you should wait. I'll come along with you guys after we're done with our current job."

 

"You think we can't handle it, twerp..?" She said angrily.

 

"No..that's not it Mira. You know how dangerous jobs like this could be."

 

"And that's why we will be going well prepared."

 

"But...you should..."

 

"Just get out of the way...! We need to go or we'll be late." She said swiping me off aside.

 

"What's with her, today. Usually, she's really friendly towards you." Natsu said looking at Mira's walking figure.

"Aye, sir...She seems pretty pissed off today." 

 

"Forgive her Ciel." Lisanna apologized coming up to us.

 

"She's been like that lately. Apparently, people were spreading rumors like how she only completes jobs when you're with her."

 

"What..! Who's making such baseless accusations..?"

 

"I dunno. But she took this job specifically, so she could prove them wrong." Lisanna concluded.

 

"Are you guys coming or what.?" Mira shouted from ahead.

 

"Sorry gotta go, see you later guys." Lisanna ran towards her sister waving her hands at us.

And Elfman also followed behind.

 

"Hey Elfman," Ciel called him from behind.

 

"Hmm. What's the matter, Ciel..?"

 

"You know Mira. She's a bit hotheaded right now. So she won't hesitate to jump into danger. So if you see anything dangerous, hold her back and immediately return. Okay...?" 

 

"Hmm...I'll...remember that Ciel." He replied in a meek voice.

 

"Hey..why do you always sound so weak, Elfman. Toughen up a little bit, will ya" Natsu said Slapping Elfman's shoulders.

 

"Natsu no...the luggage" Before I could warn him, Elfman fell forwards face planted.

 

"Ah..sorry."

 

Helping him up again, we saw the three of them walk away.

 

"Man...I wish I could go on an S-class job like that too" Natsu said looking them go.

 

"It's not that simple as you think Natsu. There are always high chances of dangers in such missions." I said in a serious tone.

 

"Oh, I forgot that you've already gone on some. I'm jealous."

 

"And you're even younger than Natsu." Happy added.

 

"Somehow...I have a bad feeling about this." 

 

"Forget it. We have a job to do ourselves, Ciel..." Natsu remembered him.

 

"Yeah...come on..let's go." He replied. But somehow he couldn't shrug off that feeling of uneasiness.

 


"Our job turned out to be a breeze. The bandits were pretty weak. Not to mention they didn't have any mages on their side too. We finished the job quickly and returned by evening." 

 

"Hahh...I'm soo hungry. We should have just eaten from that town." Natsu combined as they walked towards the guild.

 

"No way. We can get food much cheaper at the guild. And you always waste all the money from a job on the food."

 

"Yeah, Natsu. Last time we had to work at the hotel to pay them back." Happy also said.

 

"I mean, what else do we even spend  the money on..?" Natsu reasoned. 

 

"Have some savings or something. I don't know" Ciel replied as they walked into the guildhall.

 

There was a grim atmosphere inside. Everyone was sobbing or crying.

 

"Oii..what happened..?" We asked entering the hall.

 

An injured Elfman and Mira could be seen crying on the floor. Ciel felt dread creeping up from inside.

 

"M..Mira...!" 

 

"She stopped breathing, and then...

Nothing of her was left afterward..."

 

"I wish we could give her a proper burial...." 

Mumblings could be heard between the sobbing.

 

"TELL ME WHAT HAPPENED, DAMMIT..." unable to take it anymore Ciel yelled at them.

 

Mira started crying even harder, seeing him.

 

"I...I couldn't save her...Lisanna" Elfman said crying.

Natsu stood there frozon.

 

But Ciel could not just stand there. Walking up to the crying duo he asked.

"Where did it happen...?"

 

"Huh..?"

 

"I SAID WHERE DID IT HAPPENED." He yelled.

 

"Luciel, Calm down..." Makarov said to him.

 

"LIKE HELL I CAN CALM DOWN. I JUST HEARD THAT ON OF MY FRIENDS JUST DIED..." he argued back.

 

"I know how you feel... We're all sad here. So are you gonna make it worse for them..?"  He said pointing at the Strauss siblings.

 

"I...Dammit." Ciel cursed running outside,tears flowing through his eyes.

"If only I went with them, back then...!" He thought while punching a nearby tree.


They gave Lisanna a grave at the church's graveyard.Since there was no body left behind, it was just an empty grave in her memory. Natsu made one for her himself near the play home where they used to play as kids.

He was one of those who had been struck the most. After all, they were very close.

 

Ciel himself was also broken inside. After knowing the location where the fight happened from the master he went there to check any remnants of her.

He refused to believe that she died until he saw it himself.

 

The overall mood in the guild was bad for quite some time. But it gradually returned the way it was slowly.

 

But some were too shaken by the incident.

The most being Mira and Elfman. She somehow lost much of her magical ability and her will to fight, and her personality changed drastically.

 

Before she was a very feared person, infamous amongst the guilds and criminals alike. Known as The She-devil. But now, she became a very kind and caring person.

 

Elfman too changed very much. The shy and meek boy was replaced with a strong-willed and proud attitude. He sought to become stronger in order to protect his sister.

 

Ciel continued to investigate without giving up. He researched all kinds of books and such with the help of Levy from the team shadow gear. Searching for a phenomenon where one's body would just dissolve into light in thin air. As he believed that Lisanna must be still alive.

 

But he didn't know that it would be a few years later his belief would be proven right. 

 

Hello guys, it's Phantom here.

Sorry if you guys read an incomplete or a chapter full of errors. My computer had frozen so I had to reboot it. And it's after I published I noticed that some of the chapter was missing.

So sorry for your inconvenience.

And please do enjoy the chapter.

PEACE.

 

 

22