C27|Reveal
995 7 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Absorbed! You're kidding me...right?" Ciel yelled looking at the two in front of him. They didn't reply anything and lowered their heads.

 

"No way...Mystogan's gonna be absorbed into someone..!" He had a pretty wild life so far and seen many things other people would rather not believe. But this development was something even he couldn't digest.

 

"How the heck does even two people have the same magic signature. Even twins who are said to be the closest existence, have completely different ones. Then how is it possible here." He tried to reason the fact.

 

"Yes. It is quite impossible for two people with the same magic signatures to be born to this world." Porlyusica started talking.

 

"Right.?"

 

"But..what if this is not the only world there is."

 

"Wut..?" We gave a confused look to Porlyusica. But she didn't respond to him. Instead, she turned to Mystogan.

 

"Sigh...Edolas. A universe parallel to Earth Land, the one we currently live in." Mystogan said keeping his head down.

 

"It is the place where I was born." He concluded much to Ciel dismay.

 

"The human residents of Edolas are, for the most part, counterparts of the human residents of Earth Land. However, the main difference between the two is that their personalities are in many cases polar opposites." Porlyusica added.

 

"Usually people from Edolas don't have any magic power inside them. But in my case, when Kyoka enhanced her magic into me, it caused a container of Etherananos to form inside me."

 

"The master at Cait shelter then helped him stabilize it by removing excess magic power from him, confusing it for a magic overflow issue."

 

"Then, can't we just empty it then...?" Ciel asked her.

 

"That would be the worst possible action. If his container becomes empty, he'll fall into magic deficiency. And our only way would be to let him recover his lost magic power. Which will..in turn, attune his wavelength even more to the counterpart here." She concluded.

 

"No...way. That means..it's all my fault. If he hadn't come..." Ciel felt despair in his heart as he realized the current condition was caused by himself.

 

"I told you before, didn't I," Mystogan spoke lying on the bed.

 

"Huh..?"

 

"I don't regret saving you at all. So don't think it's your fault."

 

"But..."

 

"No, buts. We will figure out a way or another." He said calming down the boy.

 

"Hmmph.." Ciel nodded, trying to hold back the burst of emotions welling up inside him.

Meanwhile, Porlyusica began concocting some kind of medicine to suppress his magic power.

 

"I'll come back after taking a walk," Ciel said going out of the house. He needed to clear out his thoughts for a bit.

 

"Haven't regretted even once eh..?" She asked the man who was laying on the bed while bringing the potion to him.

 

"No...on either of the sides..." Mystogan replied looking at the door, from where the boy had just left.

 


[After a few hours.]

 

Mystogan had finished telling the reason behind him currently being in Earthland to the boy. It looks like the medicine that the old woman gave him is working. He was feeling much better than before.

 

Ciel sat there on the bedside chair, supporting his hand which was covering his face, hearing the whole story. 

 

"A world without magic...and they are stealing magic from us..?"

 

"Throughout these years, I've traveled around the world to suppress the anima that had been appearing here. But they're slowly improving that magic, making it stronger and stronger each time.

 

One day it might surpass what I could handle. If that happens, all of the Earthland will be transported to Edolas. And now on top of that, this too." Mystogan chuckled helplessly.

 

"There's gotta be some way to stop it right..his condition..! Did you find anything helpful at all?" Ciel asked hopefully looking at the old lady.

 

"Hmm..you said that the nightmare didn't appear yesterday.." After thinking for a bit she closed the book in front of her and asked the mage.

 

"Yes. When we camped out yesterday, I was able to sleep just fine."

 

"Did you do anything out of ordinary yesterday..?" She turned to ask Ciel.

 

"No. After he went to sleep, I was on guard, and as usual, I used..." Suddenly it struck him.

 

"My Sky domain spell..? Does it have to do something about it..?"

 

"What kind of spell is that..?"

 

"It's one of my devil slayer spells, called Sky devil's domain. It created a sort of an area around me that puts all the air under my control. Although I use to scout for enemies usually."

 

"Use it now." The elderly woman said to him.

 

"H..here..?"

 

"Yes, here. Now hurry up."

 

"Ok.!"

 

*Sky devil's domain*

 

Ciel cast the spell and the domain spread around them in an invisible sphere shape.

 

"How are you feeling..?" She then proceeded to ask Mystogan.

 

"Hmm...It does feel better. But there is still that lingering discomfort in my head." He replied.

 

"So..does this work then..?" Ciel asked hopefully.

 

"I suppose. You said this gives you the full control of the air inside the area right."

 

"Well, that's what it's supposed to do. But I don't think I'm at that level yet." Ciel replied embarrassed.

 

"No, I think you indeed got some control. It's acting as a barrier of sorts. Blocking all the magic from inside. But I don't know how does controlling air leads to blocking the magic though..? "

 

"So that means I'm gonna be fine If I stay inside his barrier..?" Mystogan asked getting up and sitting on the bead.

 

"Yes. If you stay inside, your magic will not flow outside, meaning the connection between you and your counterpart is severed."

 

"That's good. So he'll be safe with me." Ciel was relieved to hear the news.

 

"Yeah, but we have to find a way to seal his magic anyways," Porlyusica said walking to her work area.

 

"Why's that..?"

 

"He can't stay beside you, at all times can he."

 

"Oh..that's true."

 

"And besides, even if you managed to keep him with you anyway, that one will rush out if an anima appears somewhere."

 

"Oh.. come on it's not like something like an Anima would.." Before Ciel could finish his sentence, Mystogan stood up.

 

"Anima..!"

 

"appear now...I just jinxed it. Didn't I." He slapped his face dejectedly.

 

"See, didn't I told you so," Porlyusica added. Ciel looked at the fellow mage, he was getting ready to go out.

 

"I'm sorry to ask you this Luciel, but..."

 

"All right come on let's go."

 

"Huh..?"

 

"What..? You have to clear out that anima right..?"

 

"But you.."

 

"Oh..come on dude, you saved my life. This is the least I can do now to repay you."

 

"Thanks.."

 

"Here take these three times a day. And..take your chit-chat outside, I'll contact you when I find something else. Now GET OUT..!" She threw a few bottles of potions of sortes and kicked the duo out of the house.

 

"Tch..that old hag. Why can't she be just nice to us." Ciel mumbled dusting off the dirt from his clothes. Fixing the bag onto his back once more he turned to the other mage.

 

"So...where to.?"

 

"It's quite nearby. Around a snowy mountain range called Mt.Hakobe, we'll get there by cart in 2 to 3 hours." He replied checking his wallet for money.

 

"All right. Mt.Hakobe it is.." Ciel declared taking the lead.

 

Do you want Mystogen to be Absorbed into Jelal..???
  • Yes Votes: 6 6.2%
  • No Votes: 91 93.8%
Total voters: 97
20