C34|Rest and Resume
872 4 19
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After the return of Erza and Natsu, things went back to normal in fairy tail. Natsu, of course, tried to continue the fight he had with Erza which was interrupted by the sudden arrest But was pummeled to the ground by her.

 

So right now they were all laughing at the dragon slayer who was brooding on the table.

 

"Oh, come on Natsu. You knew this would happen right.?" Gray asked.

 

"Shut up princess. I at least tried to fight her. Unlike you."

 

"Well, I have a good brain on me, unlike you. So I won't put myself into needless danger ."

 

"And there they go again." Ciel sighed drinking his juice.

 

"Were they always like that.?" The blond-haired mage near him asked the boy.

 

"Ho. You are miss Lucy right.? The new one. Yeah, they were like that since we were small kids."

 

"Yeah, that's me. By the way, you were amazing in that last fight. Happy said you uses Sky devil slayer magic."

 

"He did..? Well yeah, I do use that particular magic. What magic do you use miss Lucy."

 

"Uhhh.you can just call me Lucy. It feels kinda strange hearing that."

 

"Oh..okay."

 

"Nice. I use Celestial spirit magic" She said taking out the keys from her hips.

 

"Ohh..I've heard of that one. Its a kind of spacial magic that summons spirits right."

 

"Yeah, you're right. I have seven of the spirits right now." 

 

"Ooohh.the gold ones are the rarest I presume."

 

"Mmmhm. They are called the 12 zodiac keys. Very powerful than the rest of the keys... Like this one."

 

*Open the gate of Maiden: Virgo*

 

She activated a gold key, and a pink-haired maid with shackles on her hands showed up with a poof.

 

"You called me..? princess."

 

"This is Virgo. A spirit I've contracted recently." She introduced the spirit.

 

"Oooh, a stellar spirit."

 

"It's a maid." Notices erupted from the hall. Most people were amazed and surprised to see the spirit. But a man in the corner walked out of the door, as soon as Virgo appeared.

The spirit did notice the man fleeing. But didn't say anything.

 

"So this is Lucy's magic. Very fascinating indeed. Hello, there miss Virgo. My name is Luciel. Nice to meet you. "

 

"It's a pleasure to meet you too Sir Luciel." The spirit bowed.

 

"Wow..she's really like a maid. huh"

 

"Of course. I'm the chief maid of the Celestial Spirit king's palace."

 

"Wow...Celestial spirit king..he must be really strong." Natsu emerged energized.

 

"Don't tell me you're planning to fight him too."

 

"Yes. Our king is indeed the most powerful of all the Celestial Spirit. " Virgo concluded.

 

"The most powerful spirit. Haaa., I wish one day I could meet him." Lucy said dreaming about the king.

 

"You can meet him if you come to the spirit world." 

 

"Haaa..it's possible to go there.?" Even Lucy was surprised at this revelation.

 

"Mhmm.Although you would need a special kind of clothing to survive the atmosphere there."

 

"Wow...so it's really.." As she was about to continue to speak, Lucy felt an intense drowsiness incoming.

 

"He's coming," Ciel said to the people around before disappearing.

 

"Why did he.." Before she could complete the sentence, Lucy fell asleep onto the table.

One by one each and every people present in the hall fell asleep, except for master. Although he was too at the brink of falling asleep.

 

A hooded man entered the hall, he had five staves strapped onto his back. Without wasting time he went straight to the request board and tore off a request after examining it. Then walking to the master and showing him the paper, he headed towards the door.

 

"Hey. Mystogan. Release the sleep spell before you leave." Makarov called out to the Mysterious member.

 

"5..4..3..2..1" He counted as leaving the building. As soon as he disappeared outside, the spell was lifted waking everyone up.

 

"That punk. He did it again"

 

"Why is his sleep magic so powerful.!!!"

 

"This feeling..was it Mystogan.??"

 

"Who's that.??" Lucy cluelessly asked.

 

"He's one of the candidates for the strongest mage in Fairy tail." Loki replied standing near Lucy. As she had fallen unconscious Virgo has been gone already.

 

"Gaaah." And he ran away realizing that he was close to her. Startling Lucy.

 

"He doesn't like other people seeing his face. So he uses sleep magic, whenever he visits the guild" Ciel replied appearing in his former place again.

 

"Where did you come from..?"

 

"Sorry guys. I'll head out now." And he turned into mist afterward.

 

"He's gone again!!"

 

"Anyways that's why we don't even know how he looks like at all."

 

"No. That's not true. I know him as well as gramps." A new voice emerged from upstairs.

 

There was a man looking down on everyone. He had blond hair and a scar across his right eye. He wore a magic headphones around his head, that had spikes coming out of them.

 

"Laxus. You're here too."

 

"LAXUS, Fight me." The previously slumped Natsu sprung up, seeing the man.

 

"Weren't you just trashed by Erza?"

 

"He's right Natsu. If you can't even win against Erza. You won't stand a chance against me." He mocked.

 

"What's that supposed to mean.?" Erza said in a scary voice.

 

"C..calm down Erza."

 

"Come on down, you jerk.!!" Natsu yelled at the man, again.

 

"Why don't you come up..?"

 

"Haa..bring it on," Natsu shouted jumping to the second floor, only to be get smashed by Master's giant hand.

 

"You can't go to the second floor Natsu. Not yet. And you too Laxus. Stop riling him up." He said seriously.

 

"HA..I'll never give Fairy tail's strongest position to anyone else. Not to Erza, not to Mystogan, that kid too and not even to that old geezer." He proclaimed going to the room on the second floor.

 

"What was Master talking about earlier" Lucy asked Mirajane.

 

"It's too early for you Lucy. The second floor is restricted to normal mages. Because there is a special request board there. The jobs posted on there are far more difficult compared to the ones here...

They are called S-class jobs."

 

"S-class!!" Lucy said surprised.

 

"Mmhm..they're far too dangerous, so only a few mages here who have that title of S-class mage can take them."

 

"S-class mages huh. Who are they..?"

 

"There are currently 6 of them in Fairy tail. Including Erza, Laxus, Mystogan, and Ciel."

 

"What..! That kid is an S-class mage?"

 

"You saw his power didn't you.?"

 

"Yeah. but still."

 

"Ciel is the youngest S-class mage in our history. So people do tend to underestimate him very much. But don't be fooled, he's a very talented mage."

 

"..."

 

[The next day]

 

The whole guild was in an uproar as one of the s-class jobs have been gone missing. And according to Laxus, it was Happy that stole the request.

 

 "Laxus, Bring them back," Master said to the man.

 

"Don't be ridicules. I have other things to do. Besides, it's their mess. Why would I have to go save those idiots." He flat out denied the request.

 

"Mira, where is Ciel.?"

 

"I don't know master. He went out yesterday."

 

"Dammit. No one is here when I need them the most." He hit the wooden bar counter in frustration.

 

"Gramps, I'll bring them back." Grey volunteered himself.

 


 

Meanwhile, the boy in question was heading to the eastern part of Fiore with Mystogan.

"Hey, where exactly are we going.?"

 

"We're going to the eastern mountain range which Fiore shares with the kingdoms of Seven and Bosco."

 

"Right. And for what exactly.?"

 

"Sigh, why did you even come with me if you don't know. Porlyusica said that the charm she gave me will wear off soon. So we need stronger materials " He replied showing the charm on his neck. Certainly, the glow of its rune was fading.

 

"If we had a better runemaster, this would have been soo easy," Ciel said sighed lying on the wagon's floor.

 

"If only I could ask Freed."

 

"That's right. Freed does this stuff right.? Why didn't you ask him then..?"

 

"Uhh..he and I are not on very good terms." The masked mage dejectedly said.

 

"so we have no other choice but to gather the materials, huh.?"

 

"Yes. We'll be hunting a hydra that was spotted in the seaside there."

 

"Hydra.? The monster with several heads.?"

 

"Hmm, it's said that they originated from the dragons. So its scales would be a very good ingredient for the charm. Or so she said."

 

"Haa..that would be certainly interesting then." He once again closed his eyes.

 

"Hmm. Oh, I forgot to tell you something." But soon the boy suddenly jumped, remembering something.

 

"What.?"

 

"I met him. Your counterpart."

 

"Siegrain??"

 

"Yeah. I was called by the council after the events of Lullaby. He was there, with the other council members."

 

"I see. Did he ask you anything.?" The masked mage asked.

 

"No. But the aura I felt from him makes me feel like he's bad news."

 

"Hmm." Mystogan nodded to the boy and thought.

 

"The fact that I received Jellal's memories must work the way around too. So he must have gotten knowledge of Ciel. Even though it won't be the full-on memories, he must have gotten something. What are you thinking,

Jellal..!!"

 

During the resonance, Mystogan received some of Jellal's memories and experiences. Which means the other party must have gotten the opposite too.

Mystogan also came to know about the truth behind Seigrain and Jellal and how the man was being possessed by the ghost of Zeref.

 

"I may not have seen him face to face yet. But he feels like an important person to me. If I can, I'll have to help him before leaving earth land. That man has suffered enough."

 

19