Chapter 6
35 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 6: School Belle.

"Brother you are so fit! Do you workout?" 

"No, but did you forget that I worked as a laborer? I am used to carrying stuff and am physically able. Naturally, my strength increased as I worked. I also walk home everyday. You can workout if you want. But don't neglect your studies and become a muscle brain."

"Hahaha, brother must be joking. Although I do envy your endurance, what use would it have to me? It's better to just focus on studying and get a good job with a decent salary." 

Uncle Brown snickered, "Hah! So you know how to be responsible too, you brat?! I thought your brain only has fun and games inside it. Who knew?" 

"Ouch, sometimes I question if you are really my dad? Am I that bad? And also, weren't you so kind to me three days ago? Why act like this all of a sudden!"

"Of course I'm kind, that was your birthday. And I am just reminding you to work hard, you silly brat! Don't always think of games." 

The three arrived at Gold Mountain Resort about 2 hours earlier. They first settled their belongings to their room. After all, they were gonna spend the night here to get the most out of this vacation. They then decided to go out hiking. Apart from this, the resort also had a lake where you can fish. If you didn't like any of those two, there was also a gym, an indoor and outdoor swimming pool, game room, etc. Basically, amenities and services that a resort should have. Unlike the city, this place was much more lax, with minimal technology in place and more nature.

Currently, they were on their way back down from the mountain to get brunch. Initially, Lee wanted to eat breakfast first but Titus suggested to eat brunch later instead. You seriously did not want to find yourself needing to relieve your bowels while hiking.

The hike was smooth and very refreshing. It was a good family bonding. It was a nice feeling. After taking quick showers, they ate their brunch before deciding to relax. Both Uncle Brown and Titus decided to go to the lake to fish while Lee decided to enjoy himself in the game room. Actually, there was nothing wrong with it. At that age, that should attract them more. It was just that Titus was weird. But he was not to blame here as he was forced to mature earlier. 

Fishing was calming as you patiently waited for fishes to take your bait. Of course, the two weren't mutes and started chatting with each other. 

"Hahaha, you are really a good lad, Titus. Even though you've stopped school, you still managed to climb into a deputy. That's talent! Since you and Lee are brothers, remember to look after him." 

"Of course Uncle, that is a given. Plus, aren't we family now?" 

"Good. Good. You are right! Alas, these old bones of mine are nearing its retirement. Hey, Titus lad, I'm almost ready to see the Yellow Springs [1] so when the time comes, take care of Lee for me. Although that boy is quite mischievous at times, he is a good child." 

 

"... "

Stunned by his sudden emotion, Titus was speechless for a while. This just showed that Uncle Brown was a good, no, he was a great Father! At this time he could only follow along and answer him wholeheartedly. 

"That is still too far into the future Uncle... However I promise here and now to take care of Lee to my utmost best. So Uncle, you can be rest assured." 

*Plop*

A fish was caught on Titus' line and the calm water was immediately disturbed. The rippling of the water seemed to embody what he was feeling right now. It was still unbelievable and surreal that he came to this era but at the same time, he felt thankful as he was able to experience what a family was. 

*Shua*

The fish was now out of the water and was immediately reeled in by Titus and into the bucket. After throwing the line again. Titus sat back down with Uncle Brown. 

"Lad, you are really good at 'hooking' up fishes. So you must be good at captivating pretty ladies with that face of yours. However, let me tell you. Even though religion isn't as impactful today than that of the past due to the advancement of technology and polygamous relationship is accepted, most women don't want to share their men with others. Keep your 'girlfriends' to the minimum if you can. "

"Uncle must be joking. How can I, who doesn't even have a friend, have even one girlfriend? And the girls also seem to like those who are like actors. What would girls see in me?" 

"Lad, although you're mature, your EQ (including awareness of his strengths) is really... You should work on that." 

"I think that Uncle should go and keep Lee in check instead. I feel that he's the one who's going to have lots of girlfriends. But considering that he inherits from Uncle, it is no wonder."

"HAHAHAHAHA, you really flatter me boy. Indeed your Uncle is quite popular among the ladies back in the days. If it weren't for Lee's mother putting me into her vase and driving all other pretty flowers away, you may have multiple mother-in-laws already." 

Uncle Brown's ego was caressed by Titus' words as he started boasting and looking back to his youthful time as per what dads do. For this, Titus just smiled. He finally got to experience what it felt like to have a chat and get to experience the 'mythical' event (for him) of a father boasting. 

By the end of the day, a total of five fishes were caught. Three of them were caught by Titus, while the remaining two were caught by Uncle Brown. Uncle Brown went straight to the dining area to hand over the dishes they've caught to be cooked for dinner. This was also one of the attractions of the resort, you can request for the chefs to cook the 'seafood' you've caught. Titus on the other hand went to get Lee. 

When he arrived at the game room, he just saw Lee standing there. He was blankly staring at a beautiful girl that was currently sitting and drinking Boba while reading a book at the snack area of the game room. 

"Hey, come on now. You're drooling. Wipe that away. Who is she? Why don't you go and hit her up if you're attracted to her?" 

"Ah*startled*, brother it's you. She's our school belle! So how can I talk to her? Who am I in her eyes? Her family is rich, so even if she's gentle in nature and looks at me, her family won't let me off just like those who tried to woo her." He said so as he shuddered at those poor boys. He was realistic to say the least. He thought, 'it's already a blessing to coincidentally meet her here. He must not step out his boundary.' 

"Then, let's go for now. Uncle is waiting for us." 

... 

A day of relaxation cannot be completed without a good night's rest! So after they ate dinner, Uncle Brown, Lee, and Titus went to bed. Laying and hugging those soft cushions and pillows. 

But, who would've thought that they got woken up during midnight! 

It was a thundering voice that shook the 'world!' 

"With courage and will, kill! The power you seek is hidden within! Only by tearing your enemies will you obtain it!

Come ants and struggle. Only those who are brave will survive! Only those who are worthy will reach the peak!" 

Proofread by: @lynn

Author's Note:

[1] Underworld/afterlife in Chinese belief

1