Chapter 01
223 3 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"...bye Vin" was the last word I heard from the guys inside the Dojo, I was too exhausted and tired to say something back. Even my training bag and my Bokken (wooden sword) felt heavier than usual. Yawning, I stepped outside, my breath crystallized in the air. It was fucking cold, especially after a pleasant hot shower.

The full moon gave the dark side street more brightness, so I didn't have to worry about stepping in something. I gaped again.

I wished I were now in my cosy bed, covered under the warm blanket. Fortunately, tomorrow is a day off. No one can disturb me, and I can take a doze until evening. I could already see my big warm bed, awaiting in my small bedroom. A satisfied smile formed on my lips.

After three steps, my stomach grumbled. I didn't eat since the evening. First, find a fast-food restaurant, fill my stomach, go home and take a long sleep. That was the plan. One hour, then I would be wrapped in my warm bed.

As I left the small street, a glowing white circle appeared under my feet. Before I could give a closer look, my surrounding changed rapidly. It felt like I was on a psychedelic trip. Yellow, pink, blue and white color flashed through my eyes. It was crazy.

As I opened my eyes, everything looked in a blurred way. Also, my head was pounding like I had a hangover. First thing I noticed how warm the surrounding was, the biting cold was gone. My sight felt dimmer. My eyes slowly adjusted to the surroundings.

The Asphalt concrete under my sneaker was replaced by bricks stone. I was standing within a glowing geometry form with a strange symbol inside. I couldn't remember if I saw it before. My knowledge in mathematic was below the average, especially in geometry.

I slowly lifted my head. Well, I wasn't alone here. There were more people, a little crowd. Maybe 15-20 people were there—each of them wearing completely different clothes, no one match other. Only the face expression all of them was the same, confused and disoriented. Also, each of them standing in their geometry.

It seemed all of us, include me, were summoned here. No matter how I looked like, it was chaotic. There was a woman, wrapped in a blue big towel, wet black hair, looking embarrassed. A second woman was wearing an only bikini with sunglass. It seemed she came out from a photo-shoot. A guy with a glass and an open book in his both hand, wearing a strange school uniform, a student maybe? Another guy with a teddy-pyjamas. The third guy with a military uniform and three women in warrior costume.

A big shadow appeared on my right side. I turned my eyes towards the shadow. A big black guy with massive muscle was standing there, wearing only a training trouser. He looked like Arnold Schwarzenegger. In his right hand, he was holding a dumbbell. It seemed he came direct from a gym.

More I concentrate, more detail I was able to see. The light source was not great, but good to make a thing out. The whole wall was round and was made of the same material as the ground, bricks stone. There weren't any window. The area had the size of a small classroom. The ceiling was domed, in the centre was a gleaming green gem. In terms of construction, I guessed I was in a big tall tower.

Before I could proceed further, my stomach announced himself. After this crazy trip, I felt how hungry I was. I wished I had a sandwich or something to eat. I didn't know where I was, but I hope they give me something to eat. I need really to eat. I didn't want to starve to death.

A loud hand-clapping noise broke the silence, and everyone attention shifted towards the source.

A big man in a black robe was standing on a podium. He was very tall, perhaps two meters. His face was hidden behind the hood. A big dark grey bird was sitting on his right shoulder. It had a similarity to an eagle. My mouth filled with saliva, what would I give to grill that thing.

The men stretched his both long arm, like to hug someone and said in a clear and deep voice, vibrating the whole tower "Welcome Versling, Amazona and Earthling to the world of Aries. It is a great pleasure to meet you all 20 heroes here. My Name is Deviant. Before I give you a brief summary, please give a glance on your left hand back, my dear heroes. This will be your hero name from now on". His voice was also filled with little excitement.

Everyone looked towards their left hand back like in command, by me was crested the words "100th" in black font. I touched it, and nothing happened, it was like a tattoo. I licked on the thing, only my shampoo smell spread on my tongue. For me, it looked like a prison number.

After a little pause, he continued. "My dear heroes, in our world, the Dark Lord Zasnar will awake soon. His goal is to destroy our world. You were summoned to defeat him. As compensation, you will grant a wish by the goddess Freyja". It heard like a prologue for a video game. My stomach grumbled again.

The people were looking with a strange face, and everyone couldn't believe what the crazy man was talking. It was too silly and too creepy to believe him. Some started to laugh another yelling in frustrated, others like me looked more confused.

"Hey, beanpole did you escape from a nutshell?"

"Old man, did you forget to take your pill?"

"Hey hoody, I have a date with my girlfriend. Send me back."

"You kidnapped me, and I'm going to call the police."

The mutter became louder and louder. Some lost their patience and put the first step towards Deviant. I was too tired and hungry to show any reaction. I put my left hand on my belly. It was flat like an empty bag. The noise of grumbling of my stomach become stronger.

Suddenly an immense pressure appeared nowhere, and my body was pressed towards the ground. My fatigue, even my starving disappeared in an instant. It was like the whole ceiling was falling on my body. I put all my strength to stand with my feet. "What the hell is that?". It was a pressure, I never felt, it went through my bones. My muscle cramped also felt a cold chill on my back. Even my breathing felt very hard. The intimidate felt cold and bloodthirsty, with the intent to kill me. It felt my soul was going to sponge by the pressure—what a terrifying feeling. The intimidate tried to capture my body, but I pressed my teeth together to withstand the pressure. A long forgotten feeling carved my heart. Fear. My stomach twisted.

After five seconds, the pressure disappeared. My whole body felt sucked and drained by the big pressure. I flinched to the others. Some were already laying on the ground. No one was able to lift their head, all their eyes were fixed towards the ground. Fear. It was written in each face. Their eyes were filled with terror. Even I couldn't manage to look towards the hood man.

I had encountered a huge number of opponents, from asshole to skilled fighter, but the intimidate of this guy was beyond everything. If he had put more energy in the pressure, I would die. I couldn't even imagine of strong the guy was. It blew up my imagination. This guy was a monster. A pressure which can break the will. What an insane power.

"Please lift your head, heroes", he continued as nothing had happened. Everyone lifted their head. None of them resisted. If the hood man commanded us to jump from a high bridge, everyone would do it without hesitation.

"Heroes don't be afraid, I don't have the intent to kill you. Listen to the story carefully. "

"This world is ruling by many races like Humans, Dwarf, Elves and Demi-Humans. Before 100 years ago, the previous 100 heroes had sealed way the Dark Lord with their life. Unfortelty the sealing power will lose their purpose and this world will find themself again in fear. To pretend that we have summoned with you 100 Heroes. Your mission is to become stronger and kill the Dark Lord, who will awake soon".

In short: This world is ruling by many races like Human, Dwarf, Elves, Demi-Humans, with their own countries and principle. For 200 years ago, the Dark Lord brought despair and fear in this world. Thanks to the previous summoned 100 heroes, the Dark Lord was able to defeat. The summoned heroes had sealed him away with their life. Unfortunately, the sealing power won't hold longer, and he would awake soon. So they decided to summon 100 heroes again, with us 100 heroes were completed. Our goal is now to prepare and become stronger to kill him someday.

Put it simple he was asking us to go a suicide mission. What a nonsense. While they were sitting home and chilling, we have to put our life to kill the dark lord.

"In this world, each lifeform possess soul power, even the lowest insect. Soul power is the source of every life. The larger the soul power, the bigger is the strength. The strength is measured in Levels. If you fight against a strong opponent, you will absorb the soul power, and if they exceed, you level up. The reason you are summoned here is that you have the highest soul power in your world".

So it wasn't a coincidence that I am here. I flinched over, and all seemed listening to him concentrate.

"Only humanity can't use their soul power directly like other races, through magic or spell. To use your soul power, you have to manifest it in a physical form, so-called soul weapon".

Deviant lifted his right arm and the three sizes bigger eagle, which I would have grilled, levied smoothly with his long wings in the air. In a second, the bird transformed into a weapon. The hoody man grabbed the weapon, the big grey scythe. Everyone looked in awe and gulped. Now he looked exactly like a Death Angel.

He showed us in proud "This is a soul weapon. Depends on your soul power, it also can take a base form. Which is mostly an animal". The big scythe transformed back in his base form.

After the freak show, he grabbed nowhere a fist-size egg. Same time a fist-size egg appeared in front of us, flooding in the hair. "This is a soul embryo, which will hatch to a soul weapon. Depends on your personality, traits and desire it will take a different weapon and also a different animal form. You have only to carry the soul embryo until hatched".

I grabbed it with my left hand. The egg was white, like others. To my surprise, the egg didn't have any weights. It felt like a feather. It had a rough surface.

"The last thing I am going to give you is an inventory. You can save everything inside. If you lose it, you won't get a new". Then a ring appeared in the air. The ring looked more at a wedding ring. In the centre was a beautiful blue gem crested. I put it in my left side pocket along with the egg.

"With this, I will end the introduction. I am looking forward to what kind of soul weapon you will have. My servant Slaya, will you guide towards your bedroom, there are also different clothes if someone wants to change. I will give you tomorrow more information". With this, he vanished.

A beautiful woman in maid costume appeared in front of us, with a dull expression. With a monotone voice, she said "Please follow me; I will guide you towards your bedroom". After that, she left the summoned place, followed by depressed people. I joined as last.

As I stepped out of the summoned place, a big brightness greeted me. The hall was well lit. It resembled me a cathedral. The air seemed he better than inside, also my stomach started to grumble again. It seemed I was tense. Also, fatigue appeared again. I glanced towards the big window, I was able to see the dark sky; it seemed the night already fell here. Yawing I followed them.

Then a delicious smell penetrated through my nose—smell of bacon and sausages. I turned towards the smell. There was a variety of food lined up on the big table. My whole body detached from the group towards the table. Closer I came more saliva was produced in my mouth. Fruits, meat, sweets, cakes and sandwiches were on the table. I didn't care about the extravagant food. My hand picked a big sandwich, filled with different variety of strange thing, but also with bacon.

As I bite the juice of the bacon shot direct in my mouth and also the bread itself was crispy, which gave a really good taste. My eyes went wet. It was too delicious, I never tasted such a good sandwich. Before I could even enjoy it, I have already eaten the whole sandwich. I started to fill my empty stomach with the delicious sandwiches. I never had the opportunity to eat a high-class meal. I was also a terrible cooker. Each time my cooked food was either too frozen or too overcooked.

With one ear, I listened to the dull woman, which was some hundred meters away. "This is the bedroom. Your bed is lettered with your name. Also is there a big closet, if you want to change your cloth. Besides on the table is the food. If you want to eat then can you take -". The dull woman abruptly stopped and stared at me. Also, others like they saw a ghost. But I didn't care, I continued to munch.

People didn't understand how important food was. Even a situation like this, you have to eat. Slowly my stomach stopped with complaints.

After I filled my stomach, more people appeared, and they started to eat. It seemed they were also enjoying it. No one spoke, some had already changed their clothes.

I took a thing, which looked like a crossover between a banana and orange. Also, the taste was sweeter than sour. I finished my meal with water, which had a sweet taste.

After fulfilling my first important thing in my life, it was time for the second important thing. Sleeping. I headed towards the bedroom with my luggage, which the maid woman mentioned. If I remember, her name was Slayer or Slaya.

As I entered the room, I could feel the depressing atmosphere. Some were crying; others were looking depressed. It felt more like in obsequies as a bedroom.

With my last energy, I dragged myself towards my named bed, which was at the last row, beside a window. I threw my things in the corner and slumped into fluffy bed. With a smile, I dozed away.

6