Chapter 05
151 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was an unusual view. Only the full moon was shining, no stars or other lighting source in the cloudless night sky. Normally when I had concentrated at the cloudless sky, I was able to see several shining points in the space. But here - it looked like someone had switched off the stars. Only the darkness remained.

 

I looked back to the three figures, which came from the behind of a tree. "Another person here," said an exhausted female voice. I recognised her; she was one of the women, which was summoned along with me. If I remember, she was from Amazonia. She had long black hair and a tined muscle body. She was still wearing the same warrior cloth, which only covered the important part. She was a head taller than me. From her face, I could read that she was frustrated and exhausted. Her appearance gave me the impression that she trawled through the unknown forest. But the two figures behind her were looking more damaged than her.

 

On the right side was a familiar face. The guy was depressed in the morning because his egg didn't hatch like mine. His face didn't have any colour, also looked paler than in the morning. From his appearance, he reminded me rather a zombie than a human, dehydrated with a tattered cloth. His eyes were someone who had already given up his life. Number 89 shone from his hanging left hand.

 

The left was a girl, with red shoulder length hair. I would suggest her age at 16 or 17. But her face gave an expression of an old woman. It was complete drained, and it seemed she had cried the whole time. She had reddened eyes, and her state was worse than of 89th.

 

It seemed they also were kicked out.

 

"kid, do you know how to go outside, or did you see something?" she asked me blatantly. Kid? I didn't show any expression.

 

It was an insult, I was already 25, now turning 26 ends of this year...If I will manage to live until then...

 

From her look, I had suggested that she was at the same age as me.

 

"I just landed here recently" answered her question and added. "I wouldn't recommend you to go there." I pointed with my left finger to the right side. I could still feel the dangerous aura which was lurking behind the trees. Something was there, I was sure.

 

"..what there?" whispered 87th with his last energy, stepped towards the trees. But before I could give an answer, the something big came from the shadow.

 

"shishishi, food do you notice me? shishishi". If I was six or seven years old, I had pissed in my pants. What came from the shadow wasn't a monster. It was a nightmare. The thing had the size of a family car and had six distinct legs, which resembled me a black spider.

 

I set several steps back, so I wasn't in the closer range. I couldn't really tell what surprised me, his appearance or his human like voice.

 

"shishishi, my master sends this time four. New snack arrived shishishi. I will have fun, shishishi". I couldn't see his face, but it was sure smiling.

 

The other had a similar reaction to me, but the pale guy became paler. "what...what" he spluttered.

 

Before anyone could react, something shot out from the creature face. A shiny black tongue wrapped the guy in front of me. The spider-like monster pulled the guy in an instant in his mouth, like a frog.

 

It started to chew and munch, blood splashed out his mouth.

 

It was loud enough to scare the birds away.

 

I could only say the monster had no manners when it came to eating.

 

The red hair woman slumped on her knee, like a sack of rice. Her body was trembling. From her current state, she would end up as the next meal for the creature. I took the opportunity to escape. It also seemed the black hair had the same idea as me and was already ahead. I honestly didn't know where should I run, so I decided to follow the amazon girl, closely behind.

 

"shishishi, run my food, run more. shishishi, entertain my food, entertain me. shishishi." I could hear how happy the monster was. It seemed for fun to have.

 

The big noise suddenly felt abruptly silent, followed by a woman scream, which filled the dark forest.

 

The amazon woman was really agile. She dodged every single tree trunk on the ground; even she was exhausted. I was able to keep up with her velocity.

 

"hi," I said aloud, so she could hear me. She looked back with a bewildered face. It seemed she didn't notice me. "huh? so---"

 

A noise discontinued the speak. "shishishi, you both are quick. shishishi. You also smell taste, which one should devour? you guy?"

 

"Run elsewhere, don't follow me," she said in anger. It seemed she didn't want to have me around.

 

Without a doubt, he wants to haunt me first.

 

The creature was already close to me. The tongue came, I dodged. It went through a big trunk and pierced in two pieces.

 

Shit, how long it is the tongue, three meters?

 

I was frightened how long the tongue was and relieved to be surrounded by so many trees. It gave me a good cover.

 

It wasn't the first time, and I was running for my life. Since my childhood, I got used to. Policeman, gangster, even a whole horde of people chased me. But each time I found a way to escape. The worst was I was attacked by three guys, who had guns, but in the end, I was able to rip off them. As a result, I ended up in the intensive care unit. But I managed to survive.

 

But this situation was completely different; I even didn't know a gun would help me, to kill that thing.

 

I didn't have any hint how can I kill the thing.

 

I felt the monster breath on the back of my neck; it was only a question when he would pierce me through my chest as pork through a slice of medium rare meat.

 

"shishishi, now I have you, shishishi". The tongue came like a bullet. I closed the gap between the black hair woman and me. Her black hair fluttered through the air, but I didn't hesitate, I grabbed on her shoulder. "I wished I know your name at least." With that, I dragged her between me and the monster.

 

Her face expression was first bewildered, followed with despair, her eye went big. "you...you.." before she could finish, the tongue pierced through her armour. The monster pulled her while she tried to grab on me. I hit her away.

 

This will give me some time.

 

I didn't feel anything, and it wasn't even the first time seeing someone dying in front of me. I had promoted myself, several guys to their afterlife. But it was the first time, seeing a woman dying.

 

I will do everything to survive.

 

I flinched right and left, and sprinted like my life was depended on it.

 

Isn't here any path? Or exit?

 

Front of me was only a sea of trees. My feet only touched the ground slightly. I was one of the fastest in my neighbourhood.

 

I ran as fast as I could, between the trees. My legs ached little, my lung started to twinge like multiple bee stings on the left and right side. I didn't care, I bit on my lips, I needed to find a way to escape. I already ran more than a half kilometre. My breath became heavier.

 

An exit?

 

In this dense forest, I saw a bright place, it could be an exit, an opening.

 

Run faster, faster

 

As I reached the big brightness place, it turned out to be a forest opening, not an exit.

 

How much misfortune can a man have? Well, it gives me some time to rest until the thing come.

 

I prepared myself for another sprint before I stopped.

 

"shishishi. Food you have long stamina. I really thought I pierced you, but it turned out, that woman, shishishi. Food, you tricked me, shishishi".

 

I couldn't believe my eyes. The creature was in front of me. Even the thing was faster than me, I had taken notice if the thing had passed me, but it seemed he was more dangerous, I thought.

 

"shishishi, you seem you have more stamina, shishishi, you, unfortunately, the last. Do we play a small game, shishishi, what you think, food? How many time are you able to dodge my tongue? shishishi" It was happy.

 

My heart was still pounding in my ears, like a bell. I had only understood barely what the thing said.

 

A game?

 

In the open field and with the brightness of the full moon, his full figure was unveiled. It looked more a mix between a spider and a frog. The body was wrapped with a hairy black silver skin. The mouth reminded me of a PAC MAN. Also, it had shining teeth. I bet every dental would be happy to see such clean and shining teeth. But around his mouth was full of blood, reminded me a small child, which had spilt overall spaghetti sauce.

 

I laboured breathing, to my surprise, my mind was clearer than before, I didn't panic as I expected from a situation like this.

 

Well, I already know since the day I had taken the life of several guys, I wouldn't die peacefully on a deathbed with a family or with a friend. But this end was sure under my dignity. I didn't train the last 12 years to become a toy for this thing or end as food.

 

The tongue came flying towards me, I dodged it again. I already knew how the tongue was coming towards me. First, he opened his mouth halfway than he pushed his tongue. There was a better way to catch his prey. But the creature didn't have such an intelligent level, fortunately for me.

 

It wasn't mad when I dodged his attack several times, on the contrary, it seemed to have more fun.

 

"shishishi, you are really capable, second round shishishi" it was more enjoying. It was dancing or jumping, something between. It was horrible to see. Even a corpse would dance better.

 

Is this my end?

 

I pressed my teeth together to continue, I tried don't to think, my body dodged the attack each time, more or less. I didn't know how long I am going to dodge the attack. I already know I only postpone my death several minutes or seconds.

 

This time it wasn't the tongue that came out, but it was a liquid. I reacted a little bit late. The liquid hit my left hand. I felt huge pain. I clenched my teeth, not to scream. The pain went through my nerve

 

What the hell, is it acid?

 

The liquid started to eat through my skin. My left hand back already lost the whole skin. The liquid started to eat through my flesh, from my eyes dropped tears.

 

Fuck what the hell is it?

 

"shishishi, you don't scream food? shishishi."

 

"Now, shishishi, third round, third round, third round. shishishi."

 

Beside my pain in the leg and in the stomach, also the pain on my left hand was added.

 

I thought about my life.

 

I stole, I beat, and I killed too.

 

The whole world would even better without me, I knew, but I still never gave up to survive.

 

I wished now for one or two minutes to plop myself down on this soft grass. Take a nap or eat something. I took my last energy to dodge the next attack. Unfortunately, I slipped on the grass and felt.

 

"shishishi". The dangerous tongue came to me. Everything felt in slow motion.

 

Suddenly the area filled with high brightness followed a big thunder. It felt me as my eardrum to break. My left hand ached as a hot iron put on the thing, different pain as the liquid.

 

As opened my eyes, the tongue of the monster was stopped in the midair "shishishi, who are you, what are you, shishishi?" even the monster seemed surprised.

 

The spider tongue which would slice tree was stopped by a mysterious figure.

 

The first thing I noticed was the distinct big two horns on his forehead. It was curved and faced forward. The thing also had two big wings, wavy hair.

 

His body was unnatural, like a shadow, it clad in darkness. The whole body was dark as the sky without the stars.

 

The thing turned his face slowly to me. From his silver-blue eyes emitted the same colour light. It didn't have any pupils.

 

Would someone ask me how I should describe an evil, I would point to this guy. I don't have a really good feeling about him, the same time I got a familiar feeling.

 

Unconsciously I touched my right big pocket, where I put my soul egg, but it wasn't anymore there.

 

"Don't say me the devil already to pick up me? No, wait, the familiar feeling", I couldn't believe "don't say me..". This is...

 

No doubt, I can feel it. Is this feeling which Paolo describe me?

 

The demon pointed with his claws at me and opened his pointed teeth "kekekeke, nice to meet you, my partner" with an icy voice, which ran through my back.

 

No mistake, this is my soul weapon.

 

 

6