Chapter 13
48 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A skinny boy was standing within a large vast ruin castle. It was already night, and the full moon revealed several corpses around the boy. In his left hand, the boy was holding a large dagger where blood was dropping. The boy's eyes were icy and cold.

A man in middle age approached the boy, the man eyes scanned the surrounding and counted four death guys. One of the guys was even missing his head.

The man shifted his glance towards the skinny boy. He calculated the age of the boy around ten or twelve years. The boy had overall on his body a lot of bruises. The boy looked more dead than alive. The boy looked at the new guest with a cold and expressionless glance. 

"Lad, did you kill them? Are you the famous kid everyone talking about in the whole underground? It is really impressive at that young age to achieve that much," said the man to the young boy without any worries in his tone. 

The boy looked at the middle-aged man. The man had a sword on his left hips. "Do you hear me, Lad? Did you kill them all? Can you understand me?" asked the man after he didn't get any response or any reaction. 

The boy didn't answer; he charged with the blood-smeared dagger. The man sighed and dodged it swiftly. Then he grabbed the young boy by his head and pressed him against the ground. 

The boy was surprised by the overwhelming attack of the man, he resisted for short, but he gave up as he recognized the vast strength difference. "Lad, where is your social manner? If someone asks you a question, you should answer or at least say something in response. Tch, the youth of today... So again, did you kill all of them?" asked the man with the same calm voice. 

The boy nodded and answered in an icy voice. "They tried to kill me, so I killed them." The man glanced at the corpses again, but he didn't feel any empathy for the corpses. They were all criminals. "Well, it isn't a huge loss if they died. You should thankful that I found you not the gang. They make short shrift of you. By the way, I'm not here to harm you. So don't worry. I heard an interesting story about a lad, so I came here to take a deep look at you. So, what is your name boy?".

The man loosed the grip slowly. The boy stood slowly up. No one had asked him about his name or had an interest in him. The boy examined the new man, and he had several scars on his face, also on his both arm. He was more muscular and also had a mane. He looked more like a beast than a human, and a mysterious demonic aura spread from the man. The boy quickly realized the front of him was a veteran warrior who wasn't even to compare to death guys. The man even smiled at him. "Lad. Didn't I ask you a question?" said the man and sighed again. "I don't have a name," said the boy short and brief. 

The man looked at the boy with surprise "No name? Huh". He paused and smiled again. It was a warm smile like sunlight which the boy had never seen before. "Well then I will give you a name. What about Vin, yeah Vin. I think it is a perfect name for you." The boy only looked at the man expressionless but with little curious. In his entire life, he wasn't even treated like this. The boy was unsure if the man in front of him was joking or not. "Anyway, it seems you are a lost soul like me. I decided to take you as my apprentice. First, I have to teach you a lot of manners.". The man gestured to the boy to follow him. 

"Oh, by the way, my name is Asura, but you can call me master, hehe…" said the man with proud, like he had won a lottery….

"A dream?" I quickly opened my eyes. A melancholy feeling flowed through my body, and quickly I shake my head to get rid of the strange feeling.

It took several breaths to recognize where I was. My back was hurting as I had slept on a hard stone. It felt like I had aged for years in one night. Slowly I stood up and gazed around, outside was still dark. I sighed. I felt depressed, and I also woke up several times during the night. The room wasn't soundproof, so the whole party noises from outside penetrated through the thin wall and didn't let me sleep. 

I need to become quickly rich and get out of here.

I didn't give up the idea to become rich; even I lost one million. When I walked through the city yesterday, I saw several good looking marble houses, which was for sale. I had still a chance to get rich.

After I dislodged the drowsiness, I decided to reduce my stress during the haunt in the sewer system. I glanced to my left hand, which was still wrapped in bandages. I need to test my new ability when nobody was there. 

I quickly dressed up and wore the cheap starter gear kit, which I brought from Emilia. It was a breastplate, knee protection also a helmet. But I only wore the first two parts. As I purchased the copper kit, it felt lighter, and now it was heavier than I had expected. It felt like carrying a sandbag with me. 

I need to get to used to it. 

Anyway, I grabbed the sword and went out. It was calm. I heard several birds were chirping on the threes, and the fresh morning air was refreshing to breath; there wasn't any strange smell in there. While I was walking towards my goal, I encountered a handful of drunken guys who were laying on the streets and babbling. One of the guys was even hugging a large glass bottle as it was his precious treasury.

I headed towards the sewer entrance which I had spotted yesterday. It had the number 37. They were easy to spot; all of them looked like a public toilet from outside. I took the staircase, which led me towards the underground. Thanks to the map which Emilia gave me I was able to navigate inside. She also suggested me to haunt on the marked area where she had made a red circle. The map reminded me on a subway map with different of the junction with no end. From looking I could easily stray there.  

As I reached the end of the stairway, I was surprised by how good the tunnel was illuminated. I quickly found the reason behind the brightness. On the ceiling were hand size fireflies, at least several hundreds of them, maybe a hundred thousands of them. The tunnel was big enough to let walk two large elephants side by side. 

Both sides of the wall were the number "37" engraved; the same number which was on the door.  

It was also cooler here, I took my sword and walked. It didn't take too long until I saw a grey rat. It was big enough to ride on that thing. As it spotted me with his red eyes, it didn't hesitate to attack me. It wasn't fast, so I had enough time to prepare for my first strike. It didn't seem strong, but I decided to use my full force.

 

I dodged the incoming attack and sliced the rat without any problem. But I didn't expect that the blood would splash everywhere. It felt like cutting a water balloon. 

Dammit shit

I cursed myself. My new cloth and my new gear were full of rat blood. The smell was unpleasant. I cleaned the rat blood from my face and cut the last part of the tail as Emilia suggested. I put it on the bag which I brought with me. The rat tail was little heavier than it looked. 

After this miserable attack, I decided to use my new skill which I had earned, the "Diamond Skin". I glanced to my screen.

Soul Weapon: Katana

Partner: ???

Level: ???

Progression: ???

State: Death

Skill

  • Poison Resistance: Immune against all poison
  • Diamond Skin: Allow to harden one of a body part

I had tested it in my room yesterday. To activate the skill I had to imagine, and then the body part became shining silver-like polished chrome. It wasn't easy, and I had to try several times until I grasped the fundamental - it felt more like mental gymnastics. After I managed, my hand became heavier, and it felt like wearing an iron glove. After the skill coated my left hand, I was able to pierce through the old wood furniture like pudding. I was sure that I could kill someone without any problem. 

As I turned around the next corner, the next rat already charged against me. I dodged it easily and pierced through the rat head, then I grabbed his brain and crushed it. With a small sound, it collapsed. At least this method generated less blood. 

I decided to leave the area which Emilia suggested and headed deeper. More rats appeared; after several minutes, I was able to kill them with blindfolded. I also variety my attacks. 

After I finished with the rest, I glanced back. The whole floor was filled at least fifty death rats. Even on the ground had built several centimetre pools of rats blood. The wall was dyed in blood red which had earlier a grey-white colour. 

I hope they don't charge me for this mess…

Also got used to the strange blood smell. I glanced towards my body which was now completely bathed in rats blood. I sighed, even a slaughterhouse looked better than this. It didn't take long until several small bugs approached the cadavers. 

I should kill at least a hundred, and this will impress Emilia, maybe I will get a better job.

I smirked, I wanted to see her face when I brought that many tails. After a short thought, I decided to collect all the rat tails later after killing all the rats. 

I went deeper in the sewer, not to get lost. I marked the wall with the blood of the rats. After a short time, the rats started to flee as they encountered me. It was really annoying to chase after them. Before I realized I was in a strange area, it was completely different, also dimmer. It felt like I was in a vespiary. The ground and the wall was rough, not human-made.

Is this the rat nest? 

I had the feeling I was close to the rat's nest. While I continued I killed every rat which I encountered, I followed the path until I was at the corner. I turned at the corner and gasped. The area was big, big enough to park two or three trucks, also was very high. In the middle of the hall, was a twice even triple size rat which I had encountered until now. Around the rat was multiple football-size rats, which seemed to be baby rats. They were also hanging on the large rats, seemed to drink milk from the large rat. The large rat had two head. It looked very disturbing. As it saw me, it let a cry.

If someone else saw the thing, they will surely run away but not me. I smirked, I only saw the front of my money, a lot of money. 

The remaining rats in the area charged against me, but I sliced all of them like butter. The large rat let another cry before it charged against me. The fighting style of the rats was predictable, by the queen was it only more significant. I dodged the incoming attack and tried to pierce through the tough skin, but it was for nothing. So I decided to use my sword.

I was surprised by the velocity of the rat queen. But it wasn't fast enough to hurt me. I inflected several times with my sword.

As it was at the limit, I used my "Diamond Skill" for my left foot and kicked as hard I could. The rat queen flew like a football against the wall. The whole area has shaken for a moment. I was surprised at how strong my kick was. The rat queen laid there motionless.

I glanced over the dead rats. 

There are at least twenty rats included the queen, and with the hundred in the tunnel, I had at least a hundred twenty rats tail. 

I already imagined Emilia shock face, as I prepared to collect the tails. Suddenly I felt a movement behind me, and I jumped away. 

"hehe, human, you notice me you must be powerful." said a male voice. I couldn't see him. I heard a metal sound, which heard like a sword or a knife. 

"Who are you? Show yourself!" I said while I was searching for the guy. But there was nobody. I observed the area.

"Which level are you, human? I didn't expect that a guy like you can notice my presence." 

Vigilantly I was looking around, but I couldn't see any figure. The guy must be invisible. "So you are using a skill which allows you to be invisible? Show yourself you coward" I yelled.  

Same time I felt that someone came closer to me. I moved slowly, and I felt a stabbing pain on my right side. 

"Die human". But before the invisible guy could proceed, I grabbed his hand and stopped. Fortunately, the injury wasn't deep. 

"What," said the guy with a surprise; he didn't expect I would use myself as a trap. Same time the figure came visible. He wore an adventure cloth and was astonished about my counter-attack.

"Nice to meet you," I greeted him and punched as hard I could into his face. He let a scream and tattered. I also twisted his arm right arm and pushed him against the ground. 

"Why the hell did you try to kill me?" I asked him with an angry voice. 

"Dammit, you will regret it human, you dare to attack one of the Azzura Clan members, you are already dead." Said the guy with malicious glitter in his eyes. He kicked me and jumped away, but he stumbled over a dead rat and fell. He spluttered blood before he tried to use his skill.

He is dangerous. I need to finish him off quickly. 

As I prepared to kill him, I heard a multiple crackle sound. I turned towards the sound which came from the wall where I had sent the queen rat flying. Suddenly the wall collapsed and revealed only darkness.

I couldn't see what was behind the darkness. I only saw blurry small silhouettes which dragged the queen rat slowly inside the darkness before the cadaver was swallowed inside.

I got angrier and yelled. "Hey, who dare to steal my loot!"

First, this guy now something else. 

"Do you hear me, it is my loot! Come out here!" I yelled again, this time louder. I glared inside the darkness. As I decided to go further, something stepped out from the shadow. It had an adult human size, but it was completely inhuman.

My body shivered to see that thing. It was raven black. It had two long transparent wings on his back. The thing had an oval abdomen with three distinct red strives. It was large enough to put a small child inside. On the bottom of his abdomen was a thick pencil stinger attached. And two large antennae protruded from his head. My face twitched. It looked more like a giant wasp. 

Is it a beastmen?

It was the human size, so I couldn't tell it was an animal or a beastmen. I couldn't really tell the difference between a beastmen and an animal. I decided to talk.

"Hey wasp, the thing you take belongs to me," I said with a stern voice. I glanced towards the injuries guy. "Is this thing, your ally?" but I already got his response from his face. It was white. A horrified look spread over his face. He started to tremble like he saw a horror creature.

"th...tha...that..not..possi..not..possib...poison hornet..hive..not poss…not possible" I was able to hear a little bit of his monologue. His voice was filled with fear, and it was already ultimate shaking. I never saw a guy in this condition, and it seemed he had seen a nightmare. His whole strength also arrogant wasn't anymore in his voice. 

Oh. A hornet, not a wasp shit….

Painful memory flashed in my memories. I remembered how I felt in a hornet hive and was for several days in a hospital. It wasn't a pleasant memory. 

As I looked at the thing again, I recognized the similarity towards the Asian giant hornet. I quivered over my body. I'm not too fond of insect, especially hornet. I had no fear too big animals, but wasp was something else. I hate them more than everything.

The large hornet charged with the sting forwards, as it was close enough my hand moved automatically, before the hornet realized it, the hornet kissed the wall. It was instant death, and the hornet left a large red bloodstain on the wall. I was surprised at how weak the hornet was. I was also relieved. I was too worried about it. 

Suddenly four small hornets emerged from the darkness. They were only half meters tall, also not possess any stripes, but only a small wings.

Dammit, there are more of them, I need to kill them all...

I grabbed my sword and prepared to attack, then more and more came from the darkness. Ten, twenty, thirty...

A swarm of them stepped outside. Quickly the hall filled with them. There were at least fifty, and the number was still increasing.

My face colour started to change more and more. Also, my whole confident shattered like glass.

Their white pupils wandered first to the human size dead hornet, then towards me. It repeated several times. I quickly grasped. Something inside me said I did a horrible thing. 

Wait, wait..d..d..did I kill the queen?

Now here were at least one hundreds of them, more and more, a sea of hornet filled the room. 

My breath became heavier, and I scanned my body. Underneath the small breastplate, I wore a thing t-shirt. Knee protection was over my short trouser. I wasn't really in a good position. 

First time I wished I had bought the knight armour which Emilia had suggested to me.  

Then I glanced to the sea of a hornet with their ten centimetres longer stinker. I already knew the outcome, and I slowly put step backwards, suddenly I stepped on something, I heard a crushing sound. 

Suddenly the swarm of the hornets let a large cry, which reverberated through the whole area, even also went through my mark. My knee became like pudding. I ran. First I glanced towards the guy to the injured guy, who let a cry before he was buried under the mass of small hornets. My stomach twitched. 

I ran through the small tunnel. I encounter several rats, and I kicked them as they were in the way. 

You idiots why the hell are you coming this way?

I kicked them like football. They crushed against the wall. The broke and more of hornet broke out.

Are you kidding me? How much of the shit are the inside of the wall?

Multiple flew out. Fortunately, the hornets didn't aim towards me but rather the rats. The way front me became difficult to the escape, and more rats were coming. I could see the deadly terror in the eyes of the rats.

I occasionally stopped to kill the hornet swarm which followed me, but it was fighting with a stick against a swarm of mosquito. Even I managed to kill them, the hole quickly filled with new hornets.  

I passed all my death rats. While I was running, I saw how the dead rats were got eaten by the incoming hornets. I cursed myself that I didn't collect the tails earlier.

I ran as fast I could turn left, right, bend the next junction right, left, then I noticed I lost myself somewhere. 

But by next junction, I had the confidence I was near the outside, so I took the right side. 

"Are you kidding me?" I yelled in desperately. 

My heart slipped into my pants. Deathlock. I decided to go back. In a blink of an eye, the way was blocked by a wall of hornets. I could see their murderous eyes which were looking at me.

I'm fucked..

1