Prologue C: After Interview, April 1st, 2025
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Joshua just finished the interview. He was given one task for the next week in case he was selected: Play the game [Pandemic] with the public persona. He was told if he did not leave the quarantine zone in the first week his application will be deleted cancelling any job offer.
On boot up, the interface scanned him and restored the previous session. Selecting [Customer] from the corporate options, he started the game. [Corporate Sponsored Persona Detected. Baseline character design loading.]

A few moments later, the option to use goggles floated up showing all other options disabled. [Signal when ready.] The background faded through into an overhead view of a small town. [Realtime enabled. Corporate Game Interface does not pause on logout. Begin.]

Suddenly, a pop-up screen of the President showed in the corner. “We regret interrupting the days of our citizens. An Omega Threat to our network infrastructure has been identified. At this time, it appears all network traffic is being routed through a single game interface. A credible threat has been received that anyone who does not use the game [Pandemic] will no longer be able to receive any services. As proof of their threat, they have destroyed all network and power capabilities of 5 small towns. All attempts to access these towns electronically indicate it is entirely offline. Troops have arrived to find that they have been leveled to the ground. At this time, we ask everyone not already using [Pandemic] to standby. Those with access, please consider not playing until further notice.”

Announcement
The prologue is complete.  The Pandemic has begun? Or is it just beginning?

5 years have passed since the Corona Virus and the nation has been reduced to a country of shut-ins. The new threat? A nationwide network hijacking. What secret and lies will be unlocked?

1