Scene 1: Onward, to a New World
112 2 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In an old temple built on top of the world, a young man clad in a purple robe slowly crawled his way in a hall that just went through a gruesome battle with different weapons and corpses could be seen along the smell of blood that lingers in the air.

Suddenly, a bright flash of light shine from the corridor at the end of the room as the young man stop and raised his head towards it. “Heaven's Gate” He spoke with a hoarse voice under what seems to be a mask that covered his eyes, which had golden chains connecting to the golden cuffs are on his arms, yet seem to not impede his sight.

The next thing he knew is that something shook within him, as if losing a part of himself as that light shone brighter with the robed young man smiled bitterly and muttered “A road towards a brighter future... A good aspiration for a monarch... Only, if that faith of yours is not directed to the gods who are... No more... *Cough*”

Blood has come out of his mouth with the young man's skin slowly getting paler by each second he loses more. “This is how it ends... All my effort gone... Yet I do not feel too much of a regret...” continuing his crawl, he finally reached the spot where a big golden book lay and grabbed it with his hand without regard of staining it with the blood in his hand.

“We have been through thick and thin... Yet it ends here...” Caressing the large book in his arms, the young man had an eased expression on him. The feeling of liberation seeps in as his vision slowly faces.

Unknown that his blood that smeared the surface of the book disappeared, followed by a shining card that flew from under its cover. The light it radiates slowly covered the unconscious dying young man as the entire place shook with dusts covering everything before coming back to normal, only that the dying person with the book and the card no where to be seen.

...

Somewhere deep within a great forest, a small valley hidden under the cover of the dense trees that surrounds the area that is filled with vegetation and a lake that makes it a small paradise.

A young man opens his eyes to an open sky under the cover of the large tree beside the lake. “Urg...” He groaned from the pain as the young man tried to move before deciding to give up and look around him to see where he is at.

“Where is this?” He asks himself before finally noticing something different and saw the golden chains connected to two cuffs and an eye mask on the side close to where he lay which made him stuck with a realization. “The Chains of Sealing? I am finally free! How!?”

Mustering a bit of strength while enduring the pain on moving, the young man crawled towards the surface of the lake and saw his reflection. He looked only around a sixteen-year-old teen with a silky smooth skin and eyes that are as purple as an amethyst.

He looked back towards that chains had bound him for more than half of his entire life. So long that every human being should call him their ancestor but it is impossible for such a short lived race as a Human could live that long, unless he isn't which is true cause he is an angel and not an ordinary one but ones that are far stronger than the six-winged Seraphs- the black-winged Grim Angel.

Those that may not know and confuse a Grim angel to a Fallen One is that the latter have dark grey feathers different from the former's pure black feathers. Their combat and magical ability is also beyond what their regular and fallen counterparts could ever achieve, not to mention their stronger arsenal, the Diviner, a weapon made from their own being and can level a full sized city with a mere blow. They are the gods' final hand, a taboo that is an army of living weapons of mass destruction.

Unfortunately, the war between heaven and hell lead to the fall of the gods with their precursors the Magi taking control over heaven and wanted to use the Grim Angels as tools of war. Many of them were against it, the young man being one who lead the opposition which ended with his banishment to the mortal world alongside the sealing of his powers.

That day awakened him from his naïve delusion as he began his plan to take revenge by forging a holy sword with his last remaining powers to make it grow the more lives it took then gifted it to the human emperor and spurred the mortal to war.

It took him a thousand years before it was finally time when the sword finally reach the level that it could slay both Angels and Magi alike and open the path towards the Gates of Heaven. Yet, he failed, and his own creation became his undoing.

But for now...

The young man looks at his reflection, unable to describe his feeling at this moment. He is now free and got back what was taken from him but his goal...

Revenge?

He doesn't even know where he is and that he cannot sense his connection to heaven like he always does is a fact in of itself that this place is no way the same Midgard or any world he knew that is under the heaven's rule or management.

For a fact, there might be every stronger and terrifying beings that rule over this realm or wherever he is right now. It's useless to think about it as he doesn't have a single idea about where he is and how he is still alive right now as of his current situation.

The young man shakes his head and decided to not waste more time and focus on healing his wounds with whatever is available to him right now. Although he can now somewhat use a bit of magic, but he does not understand if it is compatible with the laws of this world and not try leaving it to luck lest he attracts any unnecessary troubles under his dangerous condition.

For now, he put his mind on bearing with it, standing up and walk around finding some herbs to help quicken his recovery before pondering about what to do once he is good condition.

Hello, every one!

This will be my very first Novel and Fanfiction, I hope those who are ever reading would bear with my lack of vocabulary and grammar. Though English is supposed to be my second language, I'm not that good at it.

If there are any errors regarding my work, it would be a great thing if you can point that out. Any suggestions are welcomed.

Please don't Harem or Lemon spam me, I don't plan to add harem as it would ruin the focus in this story and as for Lemon... recalling and describing my experience is not something I think I have any confidence to do for shame reasons.

Updates won't be that frequent as I am only writing for fun and when I have the time to, sorry if I won't be able to post chapters much often.

Guess it is all I have to say. Thank you for reading my work and understanding my plight.

1