C16: Betrayed
173 4 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I looked different from the previous day.

I had read the comments.

 


You received:

Cover page lv30 from StarEis

You can now copy the cover page of other books or create yours!


 


You received:

Bookmarker lv3 from Trinox

A small piece of vermilion silk, 1 cm width and 3 cm longer than book-san


 


You received:

Escape talisman lv50 from Wkppp

Randomly teleport the user away from the current location (limited to 2-3km)


 


You received:

Hardcover lv5 from Argent

Replaces current cover with a hardcover that increases defense by a minimal amount


 

This is crazy! Thank you, guys.

I will try to use your gifts as best as I can.

 

 

Isn't the escape talisman too op?

Nevermind, I need 10 million MP to use it.

Even the cover page needs 10 000 MP to change.

Becoming op isn't easy.

 

Is that the reason why some I didn't receive some gifts?

Or is there some other kind of limitation on what I can receive?

I will figure it out as time goes on. Let's use what I can use for now!

 

I changed my appearance. The two were surprised and we started to talk for a bit.

They thought me how to mask my presence, which could be useful when entering the village.

I don't want to be seen by the people who burned the library, the mage, or the bald monk.

 

I even asked Thorn about them but he didn't know who they were. But I was too scared to ask him about the first person I met.

 

I'll try to stay hidden while becoming stronger.

Learning how to hide my presence can definitely help.

 

Every person's mana is different, like DNA.

When someone released mana outside his body other people could see that "DNA".

By moving mana in a certain pattern before releasing it you could mask or hide that "DNA".

 

When I moved the mana in spiraling strange patterns using my roots as if I was an MC from a cultivation novel Narrator leveled up.

It was now level 15 and with the new upgrade, it could hide my mana automatically when I used it.

 

Wow, I didn't know I could level up skills like this.

Before we arrived at the dragonkin village, I changed my cover with one with the name San grimoire.

 

Two guards in leather armor with a dragon insignia were facing each other.

They were defending the only entrance to the village.

Looking at this majestic door and the really high walls I had great expectations.

 

The guards pointed their swords at two people.

A girl dressed in pink with a staff in her right hand and a boy with a sword on his back and a book on his left side.

The guard murmured something between themselves before asking.

 

Guard L: "Why are you here."

Thorn: "We are here to report something to the chief."

Rose: "It's really important!"

 

They must be talking about the war.

 

Guard L: "The chief is busy right now. You can report to me!"

Thorn: "Is that related to the reason why there aren't many guards on the walls? What is going on?"

Guard R: "Today is the day of the awakening ceremony. I was supposed to tell you but I was busy. Don't take it personally"

 

He was smiling mockingly. It was something personal.

 

Thorn: "I don't care! Just let me see the chief. It's really something important."

Guard R: "Ooh. The turtle is moving his head outside his shell. But what if a sword falls by mistake and cuts it off?"

Thorn: "hahaha! Maybe I should not go to see the chief after all. I should just go away before I witness someone who can't even hold a sword properly getting his foot cut off when the sword falls by mistake."

Guard R: "Youu!!"

The guard adjusted his posture, he was infuriated. What Thorn said was true. 

The sword was cold and he didn't want to touch it. He was holding it with one hand and he was trying to hold the sword touching the least possible surface.

 

He raised his sword but the other guard stopped him.

"Let them pass. They know that they can't cause trouble."

 

Guard R: "Fine..."

 

While we passed thought the large door the guard said: "Bring my regards to Thomas".

The expression on Thorn's face turned ugly. He stopped and was starting to turn back but seeing his sister's reprimanding face stopped him.

Thorn smiled cordially without looking at the guard: "Yes. It would be my pleasure." and continued to walk.

 

After a few steps.

Rose: "They are so mean! They forger everything we do for them. But after we tell what we have found out to the chief I am sure they will treat us better."

Thorn made an expression as if he didn't believe his sister.

Rose made the same expression.

Did she not believe what she had just said?

What happened between them and the village?

Why do I feel like staying with those two will make my life more chaotic?

 

The two's expression turned to an expression of hope.

Rose: "Miss Claire! How are you doing?"

Thorn: "Did your son awaken this year?"

 

There was a blond woman sat at the entrance of a stone tower. Actually all the houses were a stone tower. Some towers were higher than others and had various flags. One even had a fat dragon on his flag.

Do dragonkin live in towers? I didn't know of such a thing.

 

The tower we were looking at was of medium size and the woman was dressed elegantly.

Claire: "I am fine. Thank you! How are you! My son has just awakened. He is preparing for the ceremony in his room. He doesn't want me to go into his room. I am his mother! Why can't I see my son put on his new armor? He is growing up too fast. One day he will leave home. You two are two years older than him and have already left. I hope my son will stay here a little more."

The woman looked inside the house: "Oh, you came out. Wow! Look at your new armor! You look very strong! Your dad will be proud when he'll see you at the ceremony.

Wait, what did you do to your hair? Did you ruin your haircut when you put on the armor? I knew I had to help you put it on. Let me fix it."

 

Son: "Mum!"

 

The son didn't want to be helped. He wanted to be independent but his mother didn't care.

 

Rose and Thorn were smiling at the scene.

Thorn: "Hi John. Do you remember us! We used to play together two years ago. We build a treehouse together"

John who was around 13 years old looked at the two for a bit and then said: "Oh, you are that weak guy. I have awakened. I am not weak like you anymore. So go away"

The smile on Thorn and Rose's faces turned upside down.

Rose murmured: "But we were friends..."

Thorn had a lost expression. He had lost hope.

 

At that moment an object came flying towards the mother and son.

Thorn was in the middle of his trajectory.

I saw him turning his head towards the object and staring at it. He could have moved away from its path if he wanted but chose not to. Why? To protect that mother and son?

Why would he protect them after what they had done?

 

The object hit Thorn on his chest. It was soft. The object broke and some liquid splashed on his body and his face. The liquid looked like rotten eggs.

 

Hahahahaha

The mother and son were laughing. Thorn was betrayed by the people he had saved. He was angry. He was mad.

 

He looked at where the object was thrown from.

Three people were standing there, laughing.

 

Boss: "Did you like that? I heard there wasn't a shower where you lived so I gave you this gift! hahaha"

Blonde girl: "Did you think that woman was a damsel in distress who needed your rescue? Did you not want her dress to get dirty? Did you expect her to kiss you in return? Don't you already have your sister?"

Underling: "You should be glad of the gift that Thomas gave you. Why don't you give him something in return? Like your sister"

Blonde girl: "Eugh, she is dirty. Thomas doesn't want her. Just me is enough for him"

 

With every word they said Thorn got angrier. Even Rose was mad.

THORN: "Thomas! You piece of s**t. I wish I had never become friends with you. You were following me like an obedient dog. You were doing everything I ordered you. Then after the awakening, you started to bite. And now you dare to insult me. You insult my family. You insult my sister. Your b***h and your dog's insinuation about my sister are so stupid that they are not even worth responding."

 

Thomas, the boss: "What? Why are you raising your sword? Do you want to fight? Did you forget that you are weak?"

The other two people stopped Rose from interfering while Thorn thrust towards Thomas shouting "I'll kill you!!!".

11