From her point of view
32 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

She followed the demon looking the old man up the stairs to the keep’s walls. Next to the main gate, she saw a classic medieval village, in the traditional old Germanic style. In the town square looked like a ruined M1-Abrams with its main gun pointing at a cave entrance that spanned the entire valley that the village sat in, it was about 200 feet tall and about a quarter-mile wide. Standing just inside the village at about 500 yards was a monster in the classic Japanese monster movie kind of way. It stood about 50 to 60 feet tall, had a torso shaped like a human with a strange yet humanoid head, it’s lower body, however, was that of a massive spider, with eight segmented legs and made from black spiky material. The head, however, was a mix of both Human and spider features. It most likely was male, however, one could never assume. It was carefully examining each house in the town looking for easy prey while ignoring the defenders on the keep’s walls.

This was surprising that the arrows actually were hitting its torso, they just didn’t seem to do any damage. While the spells seemed to hit what for lack of a better word was a forcefield of some kind.

She asked the old man, “What is that, spider giant man thingy?”

“The enemy, a monster probably created by the Dark Elves of the Abyss, it’s like a giant male Arachne, or possibly a Demi- Arachne.” He started trying to sound like he knew what it was, even though he was just as clueless as she was. He had never seen or heard of a creature like this before.

Rudina unslung her rifle and assumed a left-handed shooter kneel. She checked the range, took control of her breathing and lined up a shot.

**Crack**

The entire valley echoed at the sound of her shot. She hit the target, although it had clearly already lost energy at that distance. “Not the right rifle for this.” She mumbled. While holding her position and aim.  

The spider monster slowly turned around and faced the wall looking to see what caused the sound. It started to slowly walk towards the gate.

“Well, this is better.” She said as the monster was now in the effective range of her weapon.

**Crack** pause **Crack** she fired two more rounds.

Both aimed at the large easy to target head, one of its eight eyes were clearly hit and was leaking bluish-green goo.

She then fired two more shots aiming for the eyes. Scoring two more busted eyes.

She then informed the elder, “I need to reload, I’ll be right back, good thing he’s so slow.”

She jumped down the stairs and ran to the door of her house. Once inside her armory room she set her rifle on the workbench and opened one of the safes and took out her big Winchester Model 70 Alaskan and the box of ammunition under it, she then closed the safe. This was a bear killer, it was a large bolt action rifle with a three-round capacity with one additional chambered. Hopefully, this isn’t a hallucination she thought as she ran back to the front gate, the spider monster was now really close, and she could see its head before she got to the gate. She took the box of ammo and raced back to her previous firing position on the wall, she also noted that she was not in as much physical pain as she was used to.

The spider monster was now really close, and she could see its head before she got to the gate.

Once on top, she opened the box of ammo, and loaded 3 in the weapon, and added the 4th to the chamber. She then relaxed her mind, looked up as the monster was now reaching for a mage on the opposite side of the gate on the wall near her. This was going to be close she thought.

 

 

 

 

3