Rudina’s POV
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Although I was billing myself as a ranged fighter, I also practiced my Krav Maga, as it seemed a good time to practice my throws, punches, and kicks.  Brennan made a good sparring partner, as he was almost as tall as I was, and he could keep up with me using his kickboxing like martial arts. He moved like an MMA fighter once out of his armor. This was the most fun I’ve had since I was twenty-something. Before the back pain, before I couldn’t move. He taught me a few of his moves, and I explained a bit about the martial arts I used, and the history of the people who developed it. Turns out the Martial Arts he uses came from the heroes that were summoned a hundred years ago, the ones in the M1 Abrams. Kind of hard to get my mind around that idea. Especially if the guys who taught him were Marines. I’ll have to check out the Tank before we leave tomorrow.

That night the party was exhausted, we trained well, and were really getting used to how we each handled things. Although I’ve never felt like a leader, as my highest rank was corporal in the Marines, I was able to handle the leadership position the team wanted from me. While we ate, I pulled out a few toys from my bag. I pulled out my camping generator, a small Honda, I didn’t have much fuel so I figured I might as well have some fun with it until I can find a new way to produce electricity, I also pulled out my PS4 and a few Blu-ray movies. I have a 4k projector, so I could watch movies like in a movie theater. Now was a good time to watch something fun.  The only trouble was, I was the only one who spoke English. So, we had to cast comprehend language on everyone.

I then put it to the group what kind of entertainment did they like? What kind of story?

In the end, I picked the greatest adventure film of all time.

Star Wars: A New Hope

For a screen, I settled on using one of the walls covered with an old white sheet I had. Sadly, my actual screen was never found, must have been taken away with the rubble of the house. I still had to use a repair spell on the projector, fortunately, it worked fine.

My audience, however, may have missed the wonder a bit of the Force, as magic in this world was real, and there is such a thing as monks who use magic the way Jedi use the force, and there are even magical swords apparently that work the same way lightsabers do. Other than that, they enjoyed the movie and told me that in the cities, they have recorded plays that are the same as the movie. Although they use magic not science to show them, and they are called recorded plays. So, I switched tactics and pulled out the best-animated film of all time.

Spirited Away

Yah they loved it, no questions asked, no interruptions, they cried when it was appropriate, and laughed at the same time. When it was done, they only asked one question, why was it subtitled.

I then realized I played it with Japanese audio with English subtitles. Magic allowed us to understand both. I sighed, finally I could understand Japanese, and I would no longer be able to get Anime.

We all fell asleep in the great hall.

 

 

 

2