A message from the author
70 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Words of warning:

 

Because I’m a nerd: I like to world build

I write for my own amusement: I will not apologize for not being PC to Tumblr definitions on what I am, or how I should act

I am a 45+ Transgender Woman: I am way past caring about other people’s opinions of me.

I am a USMC Veteran: I love firearms, I understand discipline (Not the BDSM stuff) and honor.

I am Dyslexic: Which makes writing a painful and slow process. This also means Homonyms, Homophones, Homographs, and Heteronyms are never going to be correct with me. I try very hard to get them right, but unless Word tells me it is wrong, I have no way of seeing the errors, unless I hear them in Text to speech. A lot of times I will just reword a sentence to remove the need for them.

Worlds and setting:

This story takes place in a Multiverse of 10 linked worlds, the multiverse is called Etz Chaim, or Tree of Life.

 

The worlds this in this story and the following stories are loosely based on both mythology and pseudoscience. Not that I agree with any pseudoscience, it’s just colorful and imaginative. The concept is while not a person of faith, what can I do with worlds where the laws of physics make it possible for Magic, gods, devils, and every monster in gaming, fantasy, could actually exist.

The setting contains 10 unique worlds, which are alternate realities of our Earth. In some worlds, magic has replaced science, in others, there is a mix of magic and science, while a few are so different that they would not be recognizable as based on Earth.

The Concept of how Magic works, is based on pseudoscience and how people who do not understand particle physics try and fit their beliefs in the supernatural into science.

Magic in these worlds is defined as the natural reaction of the quantum world to powerful willpower. I set up some bad physics to allow for magic and then extrapolated how this would change a world while making it a Dungeons and Dragons setting. Yes, the first iteration of these sets was in the second edition during the 90’s. As I wanted more of science fiction with the magic world than Forgotten Realms allowed. Although I did add a lot from Dark Sun in the first versions.

 

Main Character is a self-insertion of sorts. It is hard to not put a little of one’s self into a character, as such for this story, I will be very obvious with how this character relates to me, and my flaws and strengths, and personal background.

So, without further ado, I will tell a fantasy story… oh, and Yes before I forget.

Disclaimer:

Because we live in an age of disclaimers.

“The story, all names, characters, and incidents portrayed in this book are mostly fictitious.”

Because let’s face it, half of this story is going to be non-fiction set in a fictitious world, or is it?

 

 

 


 

The above was what I wrote when this was published on TGStory time almost 2 years ago. 

I've done some minor edits for here. Also instead of one long page, I separated it out so you can use the bookmarking page tracking of ScribbleHub.  

I do plan to make further changes to this story, as I think I am going to add this character to my new Campaign world, as the World of Dragons was based on Iron Heroes, and not D&D, however much I like that world, It's a parallel Earth, and doesn't fit in the Cosmology of D&D.  I can still bring a version of this world to 5th, but it feels wrong to have a universe that is just like ours set in a reality that uses 5th Edition Realm Space. 

However, if I do bring this into a 5th completely than it will be set on a unique world within my new campaign setting. 

 

 

 

 

3