NEMESIS
117 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Zeus looked out over the Ruins of Mighty Troy. The Greeks had left, Odysseus was destined to get lost for ten years. The war had a terrible cost, many Heroes, Demigods, and a couple of minor Gods had lost their lives either trying to take the mighty city or to defend it.

Zeus had lived for over eight thousand years. He felt the loss, as many of the heroes of Greece and Troy were descended from his many relations with women and men throughout these long years. Zeus was not only the strongest God of this era, but he was a true polymorph. He could become anyone or just about anything. History would look at him as being lustful, but the truth was far simpler, he got bored being an ageless God level Hero.

He remembered his childhood, he knew that he was born like any mortal, he was lucky, his parents were an Emperor and Empress of a vast empire that spanned the Milky-way, he was like his sister, they were not really immortal however they did have the family nanobots in their blood. These tiny machines allowed him to regenerate any injury, helped keep him aged around 30 in mortal years, it also allowed him access to Magic.

His use of Magic was how he had access to his other abilities, thunder, lighting, shape-shifting, flight, and some mental powers. He didn't intend to help set off the religious mythologies of many of the civilizations he lived in, god knows he never felt like a god. However many of his children did believe in their divinity. 

It was his fault really, and he knew it, he was always bad around long term commitment. So he tended to stay for no more than 10 years, meaning his children never really had a chance to learn their family history. Not to say Zeus wanted to tell them. It was bad enough to be landlocked to one planet never being able to travel the galaxy. It was another thing for his children to find out that his family ruled the very stars themselves in a massive empire. 

However, it was his ancestors who seeded this world and set down the human population in the beginning. It was his sister and him that settled a retreat here on this undeveloped world. Leaving us open to attack from dragons. Dragons who once evolved in this very world, who were forced off over 60 million years ago by his ancient ancestors. Dragons who became pirates, and villains threatening every colony world. Militarily dragons were not a threat, however, they had learned to use tactics to stay hidden from Imperial forces. 

The Dragon responsible for Zeus being stranded on this backwater world was Chronos. He should have been gone forever.  A thousand years ago he finally beat that monster, through trickery and guile. It was near the fall of the Old Kingdom of Egypt, one could say his fight with Chronos was the reason the old kingdom failed, allowing other kingdoms a chance. It was also what caused him to move to the Greek Islands and make his home on top of Mt Olympus. He also changed his name from Baal to Zeus. Baal wasn't his birth name.  However, he chooses not to remember his most ancient name.

It was not the first time that the old dragon caused trouble. His sister fought and died to remove that old dragon from this world. She used her combat mech to physically drag it deep into space. She hoped that he would die exposed to the vacuum of space.

However, like his people, the dragons had nanotech which allowed them to survive being frozen in space. She sacrificed herself to create a prison using her mech. She could have survived, however being stuck in an orbit of out past the tiny red airless 5th planet. She choose to end her existence,  rather than survive an eternity stuck in one place.

Trapped in a machine holding a dragon. She promised that one day her soul would return,  and set her last will that her reincarnation would inherit her estate and ownership of all her worlds. Which included this world. It was the only way to send out a message to the empire, as the will would have been sent quantum.

However, since their family never sent a fleet to their rescue Zeus wondered if the quantum recorder hadn't been damaged in her melee battle with the great dragon.

The fall of Troy against all logic felt like Chronos. In his last battle, Chronos set humans and demigods against each other.  Like Zeus, Chronos was without technology, even the handful of surviving dragons. The dragons scattered across the planet had no access to technology. Most of the dragons had even forgotten their ancient history and animosity against humans, some dragons even became protectors of some human tribes. Which was why Chronos used humans to do his dirty work.

It was his perverse pleasure to force humans to fight against humanity. Zeus couldn't figure out how he did it, this dragon had died twice already. His sister froze him in deep space, he returned. Then he killed him, and even cremated his flesh to ensure his death, and yet he still seemed to have returned.

As he walked through the smoldering ruins. He cried as he knew nothing would be built here ever again. He did take solace in the fact that a tiny portion of survivors was now heading by sea to a new land, he had made sure to save a small portion of Troy, hoping that if they settled far away, maybe their culture and history wouldn’t be fully lost to time.

As he walked among the burning ashes of Troy. Zeus remembered his own people, and how when their colony here on Earth was destroyed. Oh, how he missed mighty Atlantis. Which is funny, as that was not the name of the lost city, it was the name of his people and their empire, and the name of the Galaxy at one time, humans of Earth eventually called the Galaxy the Milky Way, but to his people, it was The Atlantis Star Empire. He smiled as a small portion of that population survived and prospered.  He hoped that the small convoy of ships sailing west with survivors of Troy would one day be as successful as the survivors of Atlantis.

The Atlantean survivors spread throughout west Africa to the Saudi Peninsula. The Bedouin, The Israelites, and other Semites the long last survivors of Atlantis.  His people. They, of course, married into local human populations. It was doubtful any would have the "Tell tell" traits of royal Atlantean ancestry. Delicate facial features, Purple eyes, white-gold hair, and deep golden-brown skin, the Atlantean royal family where nothing like Europeans, as the Greeks imagined.

Zeus left Greece that year and headed east, eventually settling in the Indus valley.

0