Chapter 34 – The “Normal” Dimension
239 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

One thing Romy learned was that not all portals were the same. 

While he was with the Super Force, as the country's premier team, they were only called for the natural disaster level portals with really extinction level threats that were S Class and above. 

Even the A class level portals were threats that could destroy a metropolitan city. 

But with the S-Team, they dealt with alot of lower level portals, some did not even have a threat designation as they were not even reported. 

Normally these portals were barely noticed, and people stumbled in and out of them, thinking they were doors to another room or something. 

These types of portals, usually drunks in the middle of the night stumble into one, and wake up in another dimension similar to this dimension. 

It would take them a while to realize that they didn't recognize the streets or didn't understand the local language before they figured out they were not home. 

Sometimes, these dimensions were exactly the same as this dimension, except something different happened in that dimension. 

The team members of Japan's super team contacted such dimensions, to acquire girls like Kaede, Aiko, Shiro and others. Some like the ghouls and Rize probably snuck into the dimension from such a portal too. 

Romy was holding two dowsing rods that led him to an alley that was cut in half by a chain fence. 

A dowsing rod is a L shaped rod, used by people who believe they work, to find water, minerals, ores, graves or even oil. But supposedly they can even find portals. 

"Hmm. It leads here. Do I jump the fence?" Romy thought as he reached his hand out to the fence.

Instead of touching it to climb over, surprisingly his hand entered the fence. It was a portal!

"Well I'll be! Streethawker wasn't joking when he said these things worked" Romy said,

Romy kept the rods in his cloak and entered the portal. 

He was not actually on a mission, but he overheard Streethawker talking about it and was curious to try. 

He exited on the other side but was shocked to find himself on the other side of the fence

"Is this a joke?" he thought and looked back and saw the other side of the fence where he was.

He frowned and walked out of the alley on the other side and saw that he recognized the streets. He was just the other side of the alley!

"I guess that was a bust" Romy said, dumping his dowsing rods in the nearby bin and headed back to the S-Team HQ

He walked back to the HQ which was located in a strip mall several km away, but was surprised that where the Team office was located, there was an sex shop selling sex toys, videos and magazines there.

"Huh? Did I go to the right place?" he thought

He looked around and indeed it was the correct place. This sex shop was located between a massage parlor and a manicurist salon, just like the S-Team HQ was.

Romy frowned and dialed Beamer's number. 

"Hello?" Beamer's voice answered over the phone

"Beamer?" Romy asked

"No, this is Robert Zywokski" the voice answered

"Beamer! Don't play around. What happened to the office?" Romy asked

"What do you mean? I'm at the office" Romy said

"No you're not. I'm standing here. There's a sex shop called "Tits and Clits" here instead" Romy said

"Is this a prank call? I have no time for this. I'm a busy man" the man on the other side yelled

"Then where are you working at?" Romy asked

"... I work at Romario's Pizza" the voice answered. 

"I..... I'm sorry. Wrong number" Romy said and hung up. 

He quickly called the next number which was Tina aka the Blob

Of all the members of S-Team, Romy was closest to Tina, and they even contemplated on dating. Tina wanted to, but Romy was unsure and used his fake hideous appearance as an excuse to back out. 

"Hello? Tina?" Romy asked

"Yes? Who is this?" Tina answered. 

 "It's me... uh... Techno" Romy answered

"Techno? Who..." Tina asked

"Who the hell is that? Are you talking with another man?" a male voice yelled in the background. 

"No... it's a wrong number" Tina stuttered. 

Romy heard someone grabbing the phone from her and yelled into the phone

"Who is this? Are you seeing Tina behind my back?" the man screamed on the phone

"N...no. It's a wrong number" Romy answered. 

He heard a scream in the background as the sound of something being smashed on her could be heard as she whimpered in the background. 

"Shaddup you! I knew it was a man. You cheating whore!' the man yelled as more sounds of a beating could be heard. 

"No! Stop that!" Romy yelled over the phone. 

But all he heard was more beating until Tina's voice could no longer be heard, only the sound of beating as the phone cut off. 

Romy never knew where Tina stayed, so he immediately rushed to the Superhuman Force Headquarters. They would know the personal details of every registered hero in the country. 

He ran as fast as he could, which was faster than the human eye could see but as he approached the headquarters, he slowed down and eventually stopped in shock.

Where the large building of the Superhuman Force Headquarters as well as the Super Force's Team headquarters was, instead there was a large condominium. 

"What the hell?" Romy thought before realizing that he was probably in another dimension, one similar but not exactly the same as his. 

He ran back to the alley and halted before re-entering the portal. 

"If this dimension is similar, is there the local version of me and Jennifer?" he wondered. 

He secretly scouted his home, trying to find out how different this dimension was. 

To his surprise, the Romy of this dimension and Jennifer had left on a school trip to Japan, similar to his trip in his dimension, but instead of all the strange stuff that happened to him, in this dimension, there was a major earthquake, wiping Osaka off the map as the city sunk into the ocean. 

Even after several months, his parents of this dimension hoped for his return, even though a mass funeral had already been held for the him in this dimension and all that went on the trip. 

Suddenly, it struck him. If he rescued Jennifer, they could flee and live peacefully in this dimension. 

In his dimension, his and Jennifer's reputation had been ruined as they were declared monsters. He was a wanted man, that was why he masqueraded as Techno in the S-Team. 

Even their parents had disappeared, and Romy did not know if they were in protective custody, or were killed. 

But here... here they could slip back easily and live a normal life. 

He started planning what to do as his eyes gleamed with happiness. 

10