Chapter 37 – The End Of The World As We Know It
221 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sounds of explosions could be heard from a distance as Romy and Jennifer sat together with their families. 

Romy and his family had gotten Jennifer back to her home, in a high class neighborhood in LA full of large mansions. 

They had already given up on escaping the city after thousands of people were killed as they tried fleeing. 

The forces of the Diablo gang had isolated the city by blowing up all the freeways and securing all the entrances to the city. 

This was to keep the residents in as hostages, otherwise the government forces could bomb them with impunity. 

Due to forcing the government to fight while trying their best not to harm the citizens, they were literally fighting with a handicap and losing badly to the Diablo forces which kept growing stronger. 

Not only did Diablo gain more power by claiming the defeated army's weapons, they also monopolized more portals that had opened up, getting more new powerful weapons in their war of conquest. 

However, because of the war between the authorities and Diablo, and the fact that Diablo wasn't run like a professional organization, rather a group of thugs, many of the portals were not taken care off properly. 

More and more monsters spilled out of the portals and the environment and the atmosphere of the different worlds beyond the portals started spilling into this reality. 

"This is madness. The city is being turned into an alien battleground. We need to escape!" Romy's father said

"But how? We've tried last week and were nearly killed" Jennifer's father replied

"I don't know, but we have to. With the city like this, how long do you think the government will take before they give up on us?" Romy's father asked

Jennifer's father stood silently, realizing that Romy's father was right.

Daily, they continued watching news on the internet helplessly, from random uploaders uploading videos from all over the city. 

There were still fierce fighting between the military and Diablo with explosions heard from a distance. 

But there was also fighting with the many monsters that had came out of the portals.

Parts of LA no longer looked like Earth, rather an alien world with strange creatures and plants. 

"Those gangbangers are crazy!" Romy said, watching videos of Diablo entering portals and recording their actions in the portals. 

They were brutal and cruel, enslaving the different alien beings and taking their resources. 

They came out riding large lizard like creatures, using strange looking creatures as their sex slaves for their perverted pleasure, even eating alien body parts for fun. 

Suddenly, the view moved to another camera, and Diablo had found another new portal. 

"Wait.. isn't that.." Jennifer whispered to Romy, recognizing the portal. 

"Oh no.. it is" Romy said as the Diablo members entered the portal with bad intentions. 

They watched silently as the Diablo members no doubt tried to cause havoc in the other dimension where Romy and Jennifer originally came from. 

Moments later, charred body parts flew out of the portal and a familiar looking man walked through the portal and smiled. 

"What do we have here? A parallel universe? How interesting" the man smiled as his eyes glowed, looking at the camera man and firing a beam from his eyes. 

The video ended abruptly with the camera man's screams. 

"Mega Man!" Romy gritted his teeth. 

The next day, the fighting was more intense than before. 

Rather than acting like a hero that he was in his own dimension, Mega Man became the ruler of Diablo, taking over the leadership and implementing a more brutal rule. 

Video images of him ripping the leader of Diablo with his bare hands repeated over and over again in the local news portals. 

He protected the portal to his own world, but had no qualms destroying whoever was in his way, including the military. 

Video images of him flinging tanks one handed at the military dominated the internet. 

"This is worse than before!" Romy's dad said, watching Mega Man's brutality. 

He was openly fucking as many celebrities as he could find, brutally raping and mutilating them for his sadistic pleasure. 

Jennifer recognized his brutal fucking style as she has experienced it herself many times. When he came, his seed blasted the women's body to pieces. 

"You shouldn't be watching this" Jennifer's father scolded

"He easily conquered LA. Do you know how the government will react?" Romy's father asked

"Surely they... they... I.. I don't know" Jennifer's father responded. 

"Well I do. There is always the nuclear option" Romy's father said

"No. Surely they wouldn't.." Jennifer's father said

Suddenly, a bright flash from outside the window and their very worst fears became a reality. 

It was so bright that even if you didn't look directly out the window, the glow of the light could be seen through the walls themselves!

Several seconds later, the glass shattered from all their windows and doors, and even everything in the house made of glass shattered at the same time. 

Everyone in the house screamed as their eardrums burst from a noise so loud it didn't register in their brains, but everyone felt as if their brains had exploded. 

Just then, a shockwave flattened the house and everyone in it just as a heatwave washed over the remnants of the house, incinerating everyone and everything in it. 

This not only happened to Jennifer's house, but to all the houses in the upper class suburb. 

From a distance, if anyone was around to see it, the most frightening sight of mankind's most fearsome weapon could be seen as a huge mushroom cloud pierced the clouds. 

Hovering over the mushroom cloud, Mega Man levitated in the air, unharmed by the explosion and the radiation. 

His eyes were glowing red in anger as he turned to face Washington. 

This world was a weak one without anyone to stop him, unlike his original universe. 

Since the government has shown their most powerful hand against him, he in turn would return the favor. 

*BOOM* a loud sonic boom exploded as he shot off towards the capital, easily breaking the sound barrier .

The wake of his flight created a path of destruction as he flew at many times the speed of sound, flattening buildings, killing thousands and literally changing the landscape of the land in his wake. 

7