02.Prophecy?
190 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Inside a church, a priest was writing some documents under the light of some candles.

"The gods must be angry tonight"the priest murmured as he watched the rain pounding on the glass of his bedroom window.

As in any other social stratum, there were corrupt and mean men in the clergy, but there were also true devotees and faithful believers in the gods. This priest belonged precisely to this last group. He was a faithful believer in the benevolence and wrath of the gods.

"I must finish this..."the priest was surprised to see the figure of a winged being crossing in front of his window, he immediately stood up and approached to verify if he had not hallucinated because of his tiredness.

Upon reaching the window and looking into the courtyard of his small church, the priest's eyes widened when he saw the figure of a man depositing a child on the ground. Although visibility was difficult because of the rain, the priest could see three pairs of white wings emerging from the man's back.

The priest lost his breath completelyAn angel, a messenger from the gods!the priest fell to his knees and prayed as tears flowed from his eyes.

The vision of that heavenly figure rising towards the sky interrupted the priest's prayers, who immediately stood up and then hurriedly left his room. The priest came down the stairs and hurried out into the courtyard.

Disregarding by the pouring rain, the priest ran to the center of the courtyard. It lying there on the ground he found a girl of about seven years old, who was wearing old clothes.

The priest knelt to better examine the girl who seemed to sleep, and hearing a sound similar to that of the flapping of the birds, brought his gaze to the ceiling of the church. After seeing that winged figure standing on the ceiling watching him, the priest shuddered, then raised his palms and prayed.

"Humans are still as naïve as the day we came into this world"the winged figure on the ceiling muttered to herself as he let out a faint mocking laugh"I will go back to sleep and while I do so I will watch your way, my little daughterafter murmuring this and laughing maliciously, the winged figure rose suddenly to heaven.

The priest was even more moved to see how the stormy clouds parted to allow that messenger of the gods to return to heaven. A huge circle had opened between the clouds and the rain lost strength.

"And when the final battle is near, they will send a holy knight to guide humanity, as he will prepare the way for them finally descend"with tears dripping from his eyes, the priest exclaimed a prophetic verse from his holy book as he gazed up at the sky kneeling on the ground"Praise be to the gods who have chosen the most insignificant of their servants!"the priest could barely contain his cry of happiness.

With the rain stopping, the priest stood up and then took the girl in his arms and carried her inside the church. The priest heart was completely exalted and moved by everything that happened, in his eyes, this little girl with black hair and humble clothes had been sent to the world by the gods, she was the promised holy knight and the gods had left her in his care.

The priest carefully placed the body of the little girl on a bed and then ran to his desk and wrote a letter, the clergy must know of this miraculous event, the day was finally near, the day when the demons would face the judgment of the gods.

Oblivious to the plot that was unfolding around her, Atria was plunged into a deep sleep, and in this dream, she was observing her own life, the joyous days with her mother and the rest of the brothel women, all that she learned directly or indirectly from them and the bitter moments when one of those kind women did not return.

Atria grew up surrounded by deficiencies, the food was scarce and not very nutritious, her clothes consisted only of old pieces of cloth and the best that her palate came to taste were the sweets that some clients gave to the brothel girls from time to time.

Atria grew up surrounded by friendly women who for various reasons were forced to sell their bodies to survive.

Atria grew up seeing the lust in the eyes of men from afar.

Atria grew up listening to the distant moans of pleasure from men and women alike.

Atria grew up observing the world from the bottom of human society.

Were the demons really to blame for the world being the way it was?

Are the demons forcing the bourgeoisie to set absurd prices on food and basic consumer goods?

Are demons the ones who compel the clergy to demand payments to forgive sins?

Is it the demons that compel the Knights to regard themselves as superior to ordinary people?

If demons disappeared from the world, would things really improve?

Those in power can fear demons without worrying about anything else, yet those at the bottom of society fear hunger more than demons they have never seen.

Atria did not hate demons because they had done nothing against her, she hated people who behaved perhaps even worse than demons, abusing their power to trample on others, depriving the disadvantaged of what little they have, and acting with impunity without worrying about justice.

For Atria who had lived at the bottom of society and had seen with her own eyes the filth of humanity, justice was not as it was claimed, fair and without exceptions, justice was in the hands and in favor of those who possessed power.

Atria's dream soon came to her mother's death and to the subsequent attack on the brothel, she had to contemplate once again the massacre that was unleashed only at the whim of someone trying to protect something that was incomprehensible to Atria, the honor.

Atria had heard the culprits of the massacre reveal that they had been sent to protect the honor of someone important.

Analis's deathAtria heard one of the many women who she considered her older sisters exclaim that and then lose her breath.

Analis was the name of Atria's mother, and these men had been sent by the one who killed her mother to silence that event for something as absurd as protecting his honor.

What honor can someone have who murders a woman while unleashing her depravity?

What honor can someone have who sends murderers to murder a group of innocent women to hide their wrongdoing?

Atria did not know about honor, she knew about hunger, about the love of her mother, about the affection of her older sisters, and about the depravity of men.

What kind of world did Atria live in if something as empty as honor supported the death of innocents?

Do you want the power to destroy those who took everything from you?the question echoed in Atria's mind once the dream became just a dark void.

Among the deep darkness, Atria could only see a pair of ominous blue eyes with long pupils, which seemed as big as the night moon.

Yesin her mind Atria gave a quick answer, pushed by her deep hatred.

A loud, ominous laugh echoed through the darkness.

Londell of the Order of the Golden Griffonthat name emerged from the darkness and Atria's deep hatred finally had a destination to head to.

Atria did not know much about the world, but she understood that her enemy was someone who was in a fairly high position of power.

An unnatural coldness filled Atria's body.

You know the name of those who took everything from you, and in your blood, you now have the power to prepare your revenge, how far you can go depends entirely on your own convictionthe voice in the darkness exclaimed that while laughing sinisterly.

Through the darkness, Atria contemplated a long body that did not seem to have an end and that seemed as thick as a mountain. That ominous figure of colossal proportions was squirming in the darkness.

Your name from now on will be Atria Levi, I hope you can fun me since I have given you a part of my namethe sinister voice exclaimed this as the ominous figure disappeared into the darkness.

"Atria Levi"Atria murmured, then slowly opened her eyes that were now a beautiful cold blue.

The first thing Atria saw when she opened her eyes was an unknown ceiling. She immediately looked around and discovered an elderly man smiling as he looked at her.

"So, your name is Atria Levi?"

Somewhat surprised, Atria nodded silently.

"He will be sent from the great atrium of the sacred temple, and it will unite his own to guide them on the day of the final battle"conveniently the priest had found an interpretation of the name of Atria, associating his name with that of the atrium of the sacred temple where they live the gods, and taking literally the meaning of the name Levi, 'he who unites his own'.

Atria was surprised to see the man shed tears with a pronounced smile and showing a soft expression of kindness.

"W-where am I?"Atria remembered what had happened, yet she was not in the hands of her pursuers.

Definitely Atria was not in the other world, if so, she would be next to her mother and her older sisters.

"This is the church in the city of Breda"

"H-how did I get here, father?"Atria was still a little nervous, still, because of where she was, and because of the white robe the man was wearing, he was a priest.

"You do not remember?"

Atria shook her head. Her last memory before losing consciousness was that of the mysterious man giving her a name.

"There is no way you can remember anything"the priest let out a warm laugh as he kept his kind gaze on Atria"Since the will of the gods has brought you to me, I will do everything in my hands to support you in your purpose

Atria blinked in surprise. Did this priest know what her purpose was? Besides, how did she end up in the city church?

“Do you know the name of the being that brought you here?”

"That person only gave me my name but did not tell me his"

The priest nodded, satisfied with the answer.

"Since that being carried six white wings on its back, it must have been one of the highest angels of the gods"

Atria felt quite confused.

"S-six wings?"

"Yes, I saw it with my own eyes as that majestic angel descended from heaven and deposited you on the courtyard of this small church and then returned to heaven along with the gods"

Atria held her breath upon hearing that.

That being who bit her neck and gave her the name Levi, was he an angel? She remembered how someone had said it was a demon, but weren't the demons grotesque creatures that devoured humans? Although that being had killed some people, it had devoured no one.

However, if he was an angel, why did he kill those people?

Atria shook her head silently, what did that mattering? the only important thing was that he had helped she know the name of those who took everything from her and had also allegedly given her the power to take revenge

7