The Last Triumph
12 1 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am a student who is blessed by a parent who wants to always reach their expectations. They wanted me to be like my valedictorian sister—smart and successful. 

Whenever the professor gives the quarterly recognition, no one will attend me, as I am not the first. One day, I didn't manage to come home because we need to finish our project.

I am so damn tired. Every time I came home, they always scold me because they thought I wasted my time on useless things. Every time I did a mistake, they compare me to my older sister. The day of awarding has come and as expected, no one came to be with me.

My name was called in the stage to give a speech and still, none of my parents attended. As I speak in the stage, I saw that they came, although late it gave warmth in my slow beating heart. They receive news that I am the valedictorian. As I was descending the stairs, they come near me little by little as I feel that my time is up. I was hugged by them, the warmest hugged I have ever received. My body was being pulled down by gravity until it met the cold and hard floor. I murmured through my last breath and hope that it can reach them.

"Thank you."

I was quickly delivered to the hospital. I saw my body being hugged by my family. I smile and walk into the light.

1