Blinded by the Truth
8 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A little boy asked in a childish yet sad manner: "Mommy, is the place out there different from the nothingness I see here?"

Darkness embraced his surroundings, even a speck of light can't even reach his sight.

A woman tearfully replied as she held back her painful cries. She can't ruin her son's happiness: "Son, the world is beautiful. It contains enchanting lights. Mommy will be your eyes."

"I'm really excited!" 

The woman patted her son's head and kiss his cheeks. Inaudible tears and sobs escaped from her phoenix eyes.

"Don't worry. It'll be over...soon." As soon as she said that, the cries and the tears she held back overflow in her mournful face.  

The operation was... Successful. 

The little boy woke up, but instead of happiness, grief assaulted him. Was it a nightmare that woke him up? Or is it a cruel yet kind dream? The boy, no the young man rather, only knows.

Another year has already passed since the day he acquired the ability to see. However, the world before him isn't as good as his mother describe it to be. The young man looks outside the window and felt that the nothingness before is far better than the enchanting colours that look dull. 

He gritted his teeth in demise. His mother really lived up to her words, she became his eyes.

0