Meet the Parents
11 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Are you okay, Lené?"

I destroyed the silence inside the car. She faced me and through the looks in her eyes, nervousness is overtaking her mind.

"I'm fine." I opened the door and left her inside. I need to give her space to rearrange her thoughts.

Minutes passed until she opened the door and said:"Let's go. I'm ready."

I hold her hand to soothe anything that's bothering her. She lovingly smiled at me that only lasted for a moment. 

I asked jokingly:"Chill Lené, you already met them for umpteen time. They love you, didn't they? Why are you still anxious?"

Lene laughed awkwardly:"Haha..."

We moved forward and saw the silhouettes of my parents.

I shouted:"Mom! Dad!"

I look at Lené and said:"Seriously, why did they want to meet here? Out of all places, why here in the cemetery?"

I felt the tremble in Lené's hand and heard her silently quiver.

Mom and Dad are wearing white clothes and when they saw me, they smiled and embraced me.

Dad called out:"Lené."

However, Lené hugged me from the back and hide.

"Hey, Dad is calling..."

Lené tightened her hug:"Honey, please... just let me free..."

"What are you---"

Someone hold my hand, Mom was holding it. Her eyes are full of pity and sorrow.

Dad embraced mom and his eyes glanced at my hands.

Slap!

I felt a stinging pain in my right cheek.

What the hell?

"I thought you already reflect on yourself!"

I was confused about what's happening. I gripped Lené's hand.

"Lené is your damn sister!"

"Husband, don't---"

"Dad, what are you saying?! Lené is my fiancee!"

Dad roared:"Bullshit!"

Mom looks at me and said:"Son, just how many times do we need to say it? And even if you can't accept it, why must you resort to using LSD?[1]"

"Len--"

There's no one. Why is there no one hugging me from the back?

I clenched my fist and heard cracking sounds. 

Broken pills suddenly slowly fell.

...

Footnotes:

[1] LSD (D-lysergic acid diethylamide) is the most common hallucinogen, a group of drugs that alter awareness of perception, thoughts and feelings. It is one of the most powerful mood-changing chemicals.

0