Transmigration
4.1k 3 37
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bai Yu Yan was sitting on a garden bench and drawing something on paper absentmindedly. She had been sitting in this position for the last two hours and looking at the paper as if she could burn a hole through it. Her eyes were on the paper but her mind had flown somewhere only she knew.

Yu Yan knew exactly what was happening to her. She pinched herself till her creamy white skin turned red, still, nothing changed. Giving a sidelong glance to the silly maid on her side who was waiting on her call, she sighed inwardly. It was really tiring to have a tail no matter where she went.

So what happened actually happened!

Bai Yu Yan was a famous fashion designer based in New York. Her works had wide exposure and recognition in the fashion industry. She was 26 years old but due to her talent and passion for design, she was already the chief designer for the brand 'LY'. She had everything that she ever wished for and had no major regrets in life. Hence, she could not understand why she transmigrated to her ancestor's era.

F*ck!! This is where God decided to drop me when I finally reached the peak of my career. She was itching to give a huge finger to her fate.

It is one thing to transmigrate but transmigrating into a cannon fodder character was a whole different story. She couldn't understand why she, of all people, was chosen to be sent here. She was not a vengeful spirit seeking revenge, ah. She had somewhat of an idea of the novel she had transmigrated to and knew a little of the story, especially regarding her fate.

Bai Yu Yan was a 7th ranking official's daughter but was married off as the main wife to the former Prime Minister's only son, the male lead, who had only recently taken his father's position as the Prime Minister. Although the setting was an ancient era where the monarchs ruled the nation, the Prime Minister was a position akin to a duke but held authority like any prince. They were basically the prince who were not of royal blood.

Bai Yu Yan was 18 years old and the Prime Minister was 22 years old when they were married. The story was quite a tragedy in itself. Although she did not have a very strong background, due to Empress Dowager's arrangement, she was married off to the Prime Minister. She fell in love with her husband after their marriage but to the Prime Minister, the marriage was just a responsibility he had to fulfill towards the family. Apart from a wife in name, he did not expect anything from his marriage. Later, he and the royal princess fell in love with each other. Finding the person that he truly loves, the two wanted to turn their love into marriage but he already had a wife at home. Since an imperial princess cannot be a concubine, they told everyone that Bai Yu Yan was the actual concubine while the princess was the main wife. Of course, no one could refute that. By then the Empress Dowager had already passed away, thus, Bi Yu Yan had no one's backing. She was turned into a lowly concubine ignored and forgotten by everyone. Unable to swallow the grief, Bai Yu Yan finally suicides, leaving for the happy ending of the female and the male lead.

Bai Yu Yan sighed thinking about the fate of the original owner. What a poor lady! The result of her love was to turn herself into ashes for someone else's happiness.

Unlike those transmigration novels characters, she didn't have any knowledge of medicine to flaunt it in front of the male lead nor did she have skills in music, painting, literature, or poem. She had absolutely no idea how she could use her talent in design in this conservative era. And regarding her only skill, one thing was for sure, if she tried to design any 21st-century dress, no one was going to wear it in this place. She would become a total laughing stock in the entire nation.

"Miss...Missss...", Xiao Fan tried calling her Miss for the fifth time. She had been observing her miss for the last three days. Five days ago, she came to the Prime Minister's manor when her miss was married off to the Prime Minister. The evening of the day they came here, the Prime Minister had to travel to a neighboring country for some business as per the imperial decree. As soon as they came to their private court, Bai Yu Yan started causing a ruckus and throwing her tantrum due to the departure of her recently wedded husband. But three days ago when she woke up, she became unusually quiet and was even looking at everyone's dress and accessories with some strange expressions that Xiao Fan could not comprehend.

Xiao Fan has been following her since she was brought to the Bai manor at the age of 8. Her miss was only nine years old at that time. Bai Yu Yan was suppressed by Bai Madam, who was promoted from a lowly concubine, for being the first wife's daughter. Still, she was arrogant and protected what belonged to her, including Xiao Fan, with all her power. That's why Xiao Fan had the feeling of being loved by her miss even with her frequent scolding.

Thinking that her miss was missing His Excellency, she tried to console, " Miss, Master will come home soon. I'm sure he will come to see you as he comes back. So, don't think about him anymore, Miss."

Being awoken from her daydream, Bai Yu Yan looked at her maid as if she was looking at an idiot, "Who is missing your master? Huh? You must be the one missing him."

Scared silly by what her miss said, Xiao Fan dropped on her knees and banged her head on the ground, "Miss, this servant doesn't dare. This lowly one does not dare to think of His Excellency."

Yu Yan was frustrated by her servant's banging. She hurriedly helped her to her feet, "How many times do I have to tell you to stop doing that?"

She was seriously baffled by this behavior of her ancestor's era mates'. Seeing the red bump on the head of her 17-year-old maid, she wanted to report the Bai family for child labor.

"Miss, were you really not missing Master and thinking about when he will come back?", showing her toothy grin, Xiao Fan backed away a few steps.

Looking at the silly grin complementing her red bump, Bai Yu Yan shook her head and thought about how she had to rely on this little maid from now on if she wanted to live in this world.

37