Hope For Future
2.6k 2 34
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As soon as Bai Yu Yan entered her room, she immediately sat on the floor. Placing a blank paper on a little writing table, she started scribbling something with the help of a charcoal stick. After seeing the maid's hanfu, she had a sudden inspiration and entered the designer's mode.

"Miss, ah." Seeing her Miss directly sit on the cold floor without any care for the proper conduct, Xiao Fan hurriedly brought her a cushion to sit on. 

"Sit on this." She had really started to think that her miss is getting possessed these days and had actually gotten quite used to it.

What a stupidly-adorably-understanding maid!

The real Bai Yu Yan had no talent for sketching, let alone designing, so seeing her miss draw so proficiently, she was a little confused at first. She started developing this skill just a few days after her master had gone to the south. So, thinking that her Miss was learning new skills to impress His Excellency, Xiao Fan was actually quite happy about it.

Lying down on the soft warm bed after dinner, Bai Yu Yan could not fall asleep at all. In fact, since the day she arrived in this world, she had not been able to get a good sleep. Firstly, this world was not the one she was used to living. She does not know a thing or two about it and on top of that, even the memories of the previous body have been replaced by her own memory. And secondly, she was a cannon fodder character for god's sake. The only reason for her existence is to die in the hands of the male lead and pave the path for the main character's happy ending. Agh, frustrating!

Had Bai Yu Yan been transmigrated before becoming Lu Ting Xiao's wife she would have still been able to live in peace by escaping this marriage. She could have opened her own clothing or jewelry shop and live a content life. But unfortunately, she has already been married Now her duty was to quietly live in her courtyard and wait for the death soon to be bestowed upon her.

NO..NO..NO..NO...She absolutely doesn't want to die. Death is not an option at all. Actually, according to Xiao Fan, she had a clothing shop among the measly dowry that stingy Mrs.Bai had prepared for her. Although her birth mother was already dead, her father had to save some face in front of the Prime Minister, and so, had ordered Mrs.Bai not to shame him in front of his in-laws. So what Mrs.Bai did was select a clothing shop that was running in loss for years. Whatever dowry she had under her name was all rusted iron plated in gold. If you list out her dowry, it might give the impression that the Bai family were too generous with Bai Yu Yan, but only a few knew that it was actually all hollow, without a single useful thing. Even thinking about it, Bai Yu Yan wanted to laugh on their face.

Thinking now she at least had hope for the future with the existence of a clothing shop, Yu Yan finally drifted off to sleep.

On the other side of the Xin country, people were eating and drinking in a small tavern. On the upper floor of the tavern, there was a single room meant just for VIP customers. Inside, a man was calmly playing with the wine cup on his hand. His other hand was propped on the table and supported his head. He was sitting in a relaxed manner. High elegant nose, sword-like brows, narrow phoenix eyes and thin lips that couldn't be faulted upon, his face was an art in itself. Matched with that perfectly toned body of his, you could say he was a man among men.

"Tong Xiao, I did not think you could solve the matter with Jin country so easily. I must say, you are worthy of the position of the Prime Minister". A guy in a white robe, sitting opposite him, chuckled while commenting on his friend's achievement. He was a handsome man, whose skin was flawless as that of a pampered princess and added to that charm in his eyes and friendly tone of his, there was no way anyone could dislike him. This was one of the wealthiest merchants in Xin and the current prime minister's best friend, Gu Jin.

Seeing him stare at the cup in this hand without replying, Gu Jin added, "Oh, I nearly forgot, don't you have to go home soon to your little wife?"

Catching the flicker in Lu Tong Xiao's deep eyes at the mention of his wife, Gu Jin gave a smug smile. He knew this friend of his very well. The current Prime Minister of Xin could deal with anything but women. Although he was a millennium iceberg, with that face of his, he lacked no women admiring him and could even open a harem bigger than that of the Emperor. However, till the age of 22, he only had a single wife, Bai Yu Yan, which too he recently took in due to the family pressure. Even when they went to a brothel, it would just be for business purposes and all he did was sit in one place and not even lift his eyes at the women trying to attract his attention desperately. Honestly, he had started to doubt if this friend of his was into men.

"I heard she is an absolute beauty". Satisfied with his friend's dark expression, Gu Jin laughed cheerfully and downed the entire wine in his cup.

34