Delusion
1.6k 3 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The people of the Bai family were shocked to see the sheer amount of gifts that were continuously being brought in one after another by the servants of the Lu manor. They didn't let the servants of the Bai manor carry anything and after finishing their job, bowed their head towards Lu Tong Xiao and left without staying another minute.

Extremely pleased with the gifts, Master Bai smiled until his pea-sized eyes nearly disappeared between his eyelids. Rubbing his hands together, he personally ushered Lu Tong Xiao towards the seat, "Your Excellency, please take a seat. The trip must have been tiring for you." He was too scared to call him son-in-law. After making sure that Lu Tong Xiao was seated, he hurriedly shouted at the nearest servant, "What are you still doing here? Where is the tea? These useless servants!" After witnessing the disciplined servants of the Lu, he felt ashamed at how his lousy servants behaved.

As soon as his voice dropped, Bai Chun Hua entered with a maid carrying a tray of tea set. "Father, the servants were busy working the whole day. So please don't scold them," she said with a sweet smile on her face and led the servant towards Lu Tong Xiao in small steps.

"Look at this girl, she can't even bear to see a servant suffer," Madame Bai shook her head helplessly.

Master Bai had a fond smile as he looked at his lovely daughter. His eyes gave a quick glance to her overall appearance and nodded in satisfaction, "My good, daughter. Hurry and pour the tea to His Excellency."

Chun Hua, who was waiting for this opportunity, obediently nodded her head and took the teapot from the servant's hand to personally serve tea to Lu Tong Xiao. Each movement of her hands was measured to look fluid and delicate. With a light smile on her face, she gently poured the newly brewed tea in a porcelain cup. But while lowering her body towards the table, the white skin on her upper chest and the cleavage of her full bosom were 'accidentally' displayed. She hurriedly pressed her collar as a light blush spread on her cheeks. She slightly raised her watery eyes to look at Lu Tong Xiao and saw him unnaturally turn the other side. From his lips pursed into a thin line, it seemed like he was having difficulty tolerating something.

Seeing this, Bai Chun Hua looked at the curve of her own bosom and the flat chest of Bai Yu Yan. She lowered her head and bit her lower lip to hide her smile.

Lu Tong Xiao was indeed having difficulty breathing normally. However, it was not due to the sight Bai Chun Hua wanted him to see as he actually didn't see any of it but the strong perfume spreading from her body that directly assaulted his nostril. He slightly turned his head and leaned sideways so that his nose was just above Bai Yu Yan's silky hair. And he took a whiff. The mild fruity smell lightly coming from her hair gradually calmed him down and his brows slowly relaxed.

Ignored at the side, Bai Yu Yan watched this family with amusement as they hovered around Lu Tong Xiao like the Buddha himself had come to their home. Even if you want to flatter him, at least make it imperceptible, she thought, shaking her head in her mind.

"Grandmother!" After everyone was seated, Bai Yu Yan rose from her seat and bowed in greeting towards the old woman who had been seizing her since she entered the receiving room. Lu Tong Xiao didn't have to greet anyone because of his higher position and status, so he remained seated.

Old Madame Bai looked at Bai Yu Yan with dissatisfaction. "So you still remember that you have a maiden house. People in the upper circle are making a joke of Bai house that their daughter has lost her way back after marrying to the Lu."

Bai Yu Yan hadn't expected the old woman to lash out on her as soon as she opened her mouth. From the memory of original Bai Yu Yan, she knew that the Old Madame Bai didn't like her much but to say such words right in front of Lu Tong Xiao, she was slightly taken aback.

"As a lady of a noble house, how can you go around making clothes for other people? And why are you wearing such extravagant clothes? Haven't you learned the virtue of modesty?" seeing that Bai Yu Yan didn't reply to her, she continued with a strict voice. Inside, she was pleased to see that the girl was still the same as before, too scared to say anything in front of her. Unlike Chun Hua who knew how to flatter others and receive favor from them, Bai Yu Yan was always tactless and dull. While Chun Hua acted spoiled in front of the elders and was loved by everyone, Bai Yu Yan who acted aloof was ignored and disliked by everyone.

Inside, Bai Yu Yan raised her eyes. Back in her world, she had her own grandmother whom she grew up with for a few years. So she understood the importance of old people at home and respected them. But she had no idea that her respect for Old Madame Bai would be considered as being meek in the latter's mind.

Bai Yu Yan had indeed paid attention to carefully dress up as coming to Bai manor for the first time after her marriage was considered like a ritual. Although she was not that interested, since she had taken over this body, she tried to be responsible by doing what was required of a newly wedded woman. She looked at Bai Chun Hua clad in a heavy dress, jewelry, and makeup and sighed in her heart. If one looked at the two of them, one wouldn't be able to say which one came to her maiden house for the first time after her marriage.

So the actual problem wasn't her dress up. It was her favour and position in the Bai house.

Madame Bai sighed, "Ai, this poor child, she lost her mother at a very young age. Although I tried my best to teach her the manners of a proper noble lady, because of her rebellious personality and inability to learn fast, no matter how hard we tried, she didn't learn anything properly. Fortunately, Chun Hua didn't become like that. Otherwise, I wouldn't know how to handle two naughty kids. So, even if Bai Yu Yan does not know anything, I hope Your Excellency will let it slide," Madame Bai had concern written all over her face. 

24