Chapter I – “Something isn’t right”
1.2k 6 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the sun rises in the sky a new day began, because today is Monday and Monday is the day all people are reluctant to get up from their cozy bed. But still oblige to wake up early especially for those people who need to go to work early to earn money to feed their family while mother's tried to wake their children to prepare them to go to school which is essential for their children.

 

 

A 45 year old woman wearing a apron with a curly hair tied in a bun walk through the door slowly and crept up to her daughter's bed to wake her up gently.

 

 

"Darling wake up...." - as she nudge gently at her daughter side whose still lying in the bed like a dead log.

 

 

"Hmm.." - she replied sleepily 

 

 

"wake up sweetie it's time to wash up and eat breakfast." - she nudge her a bit stronger this time hoping she'll finally get up from her bed.

 

 

"5 more minutes mom." - she still won't get up from her comfy bed as she turns her back at her mother begrudgingly because her mother wake her up too early as she side glance at the clock still pointing at 6 am.

 

As her mother patient runs out she snap and yells. "Jean! if I don't see you downstairs in 5 minutes! You'll see what consequences I will give to you later." Then she went out angrily and shut the door loudly as she goes to the dining area huffily.

 

 

And Jean was fully awake due to the threat of her mother she quickly gets up and change not bothering to take a bath because she knows she'll take a while to prepare she just wash her face and brush her teeth as fast as she could. As she hastily pack her books she needed at her school, she then run down the stairs heading to there dining area for breakfast.

 

 

Then she sat in one of the chairs that is not yet occupied in the dining table sitting across her father already in his business suit reading a newspaper while drinking his coffee as always.

 

 

"Good morning dad!" - she happily greets her father

 

While her father whose already in his fifties glance at her through his newspaper. he smile and nods while replying with just a "hmm." acknowledging her daughter greeting in the morning and then he goes back reading again his newspaper.

 

when her mom sees she's already there sitting at the dinner table she smile and nods contentedly as her daughter heed her warning.

 

One by one her siblings come out from their rooms a few minutes later and sit in their respective chair. First to come out is her little sister Jazz the youngest out of the five siblings, second her eldest brother John, third her youngest brother James being the fourth sibling, of course she's the middle child of them all and the last one to come out is her 2nd eldest brother Jess who walks by Jean as he  notice Jean hair is dry with sign of grease which mean she didn't bath in the morning. He then scrunch up his nose in annoyance and said offensively, "What the heck man! you didn't bath did you?. You stink Jean!" 

 

 

"Hey! what gives as long as I look clean." - as she smile brightly to annoy her brother Jess.

 

"I don't want to go with you to school and be seen by my classmate having a sister who stink like a caveman." - as he sat grumpily looking at Jean angrily.

 

"You don't have a choice dear brother because mom said you would accompany me to go to school every single day until we graduate, fufu." - she reply smugly

 

"Urgh! (He face palm) I can even see your dandruff in your shoulders!" - he angrily shouts.

 

"Shuss! you're at the table be quite." - revoke by their mom.

 

"But mom! I don't want to..." - said Jess complaining for the duty his mom gives to him every single day until college even he thought frustratingly but then he was cut of by their mom before he could finish what he wanna say right now.

 

"I said shus! and that's final!... You already know even though your younger sister is already 15 she still get lost going to school even until today and it's quite worrying for me, OK!" - she exasperatedly said.

 

 

"Hey! I know were I am going mom." - as Jean defendingly said to salvage her remaining honor.

 

 

"Shut up! you always get lost until today. How could you always forget what destination you need to stop in the train station in order to get to your school like seriously Jean you're already 15 and I still think you're more immature than your 2 younger siblings."

 

 

"heheheh." - chuckles by everyone 

 

 

Jean angrily pout knowing she had been embarrassed by her mother in front of her siblings and father who laugh at her predicament.

 

"Now kids be quite and focus on your breakfast." - said by their father smilingly.

 

As they finish their breakfast they readily get up from their chairs to go to school while their mother clean up their left over dishes in the table.

 

The first who went out is their eldest sibling John who's already in college, second it was her 2 younger sibling Jazz and James who went to school together because they're both already in elementary school which is near at home with just 1 kilometer away.

 

Then it's her father turn to bids farewell to go to work, he then kiss their mother lovingly and Jean just watch it nostalgically in happiness she sometimes forget how they love each other because most of the time they always bicker. My how lovely and peaceful it was in these days she thought with her 3 brothers, sister, father and mother who filled with love and warmth she almost forgot all those death lingering around her all the time that haunts her dreams, she hope she will not wake from her dream.

 

Wait she thought I always see this everyday why do I feel nostalgic about it. Why do I thought about death so negatively I'm not dreaming because today is the usual as it should be. She thought wonderingly in the back of her mind she feel something is wrong she can't just pinpoint it though.

 

Her 2nd brother Jess knocks her head and said "Stop daydreaming or we will be late hurry up or I will really left you here." Then Jess run out of the house leaving her in front of the door in stupor while holding her head that was supposedly smack by her brother. It doesn't hurt she thought, she's getting a little suspicious because when her brother smack her it always hurt a little.

 

But she stop thinking about it when she notice she could not see Jess even from afar. (Huh? How could he run that fast?.)

 

"That idiot really left me." - she whisper angrily.

 

 

"Bye eldest brother John, 2nd brother Jess, little bro Jame, Little sis Jazz. Bye dad! Bye mom, I love you'll see you later." - she wave at them happily while running to chase after her brother Jess.

 

"huh? wait it should be only mother left at the door. Why would I need to say goodbye to everyone" - as Jean thought it aloud in her mind.

 

She glance back seeing them waving back at her while sadly smiling back as if this is their last goodbye as a family wait are they vanishing, "weird maybe it's all in my head" she rubs her eyes and also shook her head to stay in focus and then she continues to run to her destination.

 

When she arrive at the train station she look around to find her brother Jess, she could not see even a glimmer of shadow of her brother in the train station they needed to ride together.

 

"Where is that bastard? He really left me that stupid brother!" - she angrily stump as she gets on the train to her school.

 

"Wait a sec let's see the sign if I'm ridding the correct train to school." - Jean look at the sign but all she could see in the sign is a blur and weird symbols floating around it and as she began to uncomfortably fidget and fidget turns to panic and she thought hastily. "Oh no! maybe I'm not in the right train!", while still ignoring those symbols floating around thinking she's hallucinating them.

 

Luckily for her she sees a bunch of students inside the train whose wearing the same uniform as her and she come to a conclusion that they're going to the same school. She sigh in relief knowing she pick the right train this time.

 

 

As she sit down on a vacant bench in the train she notice three boys talking about a novel enthusiastically with their goofy appearance.

 

"Dude! I like this novel called I'll Dominate this Apocalyptic World with my sheer power!" - said by dude A eagerly

 

"Me too! I like how The protagonist (X) was weak in the beginning and getting stronger in the last and conquering babes everywhere." - said by dude B

 

"I'm especially in love with one of his harem, Reena. Man! I'm hook with her cold beauty with powers of lighting!. Dude! imagine her  hair breeze softly in the air with her usual cold look that is so enchanting while still zapping those zombies with her lighting to a crisp that would be epic!." - said by dude C dreamily as he sigh in bliss of his imagination

 

Jean scuffs and rolls her eyes annoyingly at those three guys. What so good about harem genre book were only one guy get to enjoy all kinds of beauty be it cold beauty type, seductive type, elegant type, fragile type, tsundere type or innocent type etc. And those stupid girls even tolerate to share their man with so many girls. That prick isn't even faithful to them which is so DISGUSTING!, He just open his fly and girls are crawling at his feet just because his the protagonist of a R-18+ zombie Apocalyptic harem or whatever. How could you stomach that as a girl or woman sharing your man with others it's always bound to be a chaotic one, right?. Well you might say it's all just a book not in reality but still it's so annoying to read. I even regret reading this book in the first place. I really like or even love a good zombie apocalypse movies and books but I really hate harem genre that attach to this story which make me truly not fully enjoying the book I read though it's still a good book because it's one of the popular stories publish by a new rising star author (What his name again? Oh well.). But it's still a fact I hate harem genre, just don't ask me now, why do I hate harem genre?. Because I could be explaining so many reason for days to you of why I hate harem, so pass!, in conclusion I just hate it period!.

 

 

"Man, those poor cannon fodder could only accept their fate being trampled by the protagonist and his harem. As his stepping stone to greatness (tsk2x) and worse for those being a zombie in the book is more in a sorry state of their fate, I kind of fell sorry for the zombie being slaughtered all the time without hesitation just because they're just mindless zombie." - said by dude A in a pity to those he mentioned earlier

 

 

Wait a minute are they talking about me being a cannon fodder and a zombie to boot?! Feeling sorry for me eh? I'm not gonna lay down without a fight! Ya! Hear me! I'm gonna be a gum stuck in his sorry little ass that is hard to get rid off. Screw! this so called fate I'm determine to survive in this shitty story. Huh?! wait a minute they're not talking about me their talking about the characters in the book (stupid!). What I need to worry about is being late to go to school it's already 7:35 A.M.. I'm still here in the train going to school, back to my topic earlier once again I ain't no cannon fodder or a zombie. What am I thinking right now? She shake her head in denial of her silly thoughts (pfft) it's just my imagination is starting to get at me today my mind is a mess right now maybe I'm just still dreaming until now (hehehe), Jean jokingly said...

 

The buss stop suddenly to a halt as Jean almost flung out from her seat. Wait! I'm not in a buss right now?, but as far as I know I'm in a train going to school. (Urgh, I feel like someone stabbing my brain with a needle) I can't remember anymore, where is my school at?, and what design of its building?, or even its name? as I clutch my head getting dizzier by this overwhelming thought as if something is wrong, something is missing from me.

 

 

Even the faces of these people are blurred out and now I finally noticed awhile ago that even my family faces earlier is blurred too, I just didn't want to point it out. I'm scared all along I'm starting to forget what they really look before and even now. My surrounding starting to get distorted in a eerily way I could hear screams and agony everywhere as I cover my ears to tune out these noises in vain, But I couldn't even close my eyes for some reason and I could only see unwillingly is those bloody red symbols floating around me in a chaotic way like it want to swallow me whole as I scrunch down in pain and in pure agony. It felt like your body been burn in hell repeatedly for eternity, everywhere I feel is pain it hurt so much I couldn't even muster a sound to scream as it could just add to my dire state like I need more effort just to scream. I quiver as I watch my hands which signify as a girl but slowly it turns to a man (This isn't my hands what is happening!?). And then my long hair which I'm so proud of falling from my head then suddenly as I seize to breath I see in the mirror reflected a man who I didn't  know as he copied my every move like a mirror something. I could hear whispers blowing in my ears saying this is me now (this is me?!). How could that be?! Then I look back at my hands because something is not right as I look at my hands which also not my hands at the same time it starts to rot slowly worms linger here and there. Now I only felt numb to the core as the wet blood in my hands turn to dry covering my rotten arms.

 

 

What the hell! is happening!? right now! something is not right here. This is all in the past?! this is a dream I need to wake up.

 

 

 

 

Wake up! wake up stupid wake up! OR YOU DIE!...

 

 

 

Jean woke up seeing only destroyed building and zombies scattered everywhere. A place she didn't know or belong, only chaos and death lingers everywhere in this world within in her mind she want to cry badly. But couldn't even she wanted it because she's already a zombie and zombies doesn't produce tear glands anymore because their body is already dead yet still moving as if were still alive.

 

"It was all just a dream." - she thought quietly just to remind her that this life will be her new reality.

                                                  

 

right here, right now is her new reality.

 

 

Her reality where she need to face such impending death all the time but still strive to survive in this cruel world where she doesn't even belong with in the beginning.

 

Her once dead eyes then gleam with determination to survive hoping someday she could find away to return to her world to finally unite with her family she once lost, or just see them one last time, or just find some goal to survive in this dreaded world hoping she could survive all obstacle she faced every single day.

 

"Let's get stronger, stronger than the organization who covets my body for experimentation, stronger than the supposed villain in this shitty story, stronger than that idiot protagonist and his harem where no one can threaten my new life or dead life who knows I might even surprise myself." she jokingly said...

 

 

 

Welp, hello there dear readers your thinking why my name here in scribblehub is RYLEN but the cover book is written by JR. Technically I opted to go with RYLEN as my author name in the beginning because, it's one of my nicknames. But instead i go with JR and I'm too lazy to edit it so screw it all.

 

Forgive me if there's a lot of wrong grammar or spelling because this is my first serious novel I'm gonna publish online. I hoped you'll like it please do correct me because your advice is highly needed.

 

Once again thank you and God bless you all.

 

11