Chapter V – “Where am I?”
287 4 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Block the door! Dammit!"

*Bang! Bang!* 

"Use the tables and chairs to block the door! Hurry!" 

*Stomp! Stomp* " " *Clang! Bang*

"Fuck! One zombie got in!"

"Rooaar!"

"Fuckin! Someone please kill that shit!"

*Aaaaahhhhhhhh!*

"(shriek!) Nooo! Help me! Nooo...."

*Rooaarrr!* " " *Chomps!* " " *rips* " " *AaaaHhhh!*

"I don't  wanna die!....(coughs blood) I ...don't wanna... (cough) become like one of them."

"Shit3x! It bit Miss Jones!"

"Then kill her before she became a zombie! You dipshit!"

"(Gulp) I'm sorry ma'am."

"No,no,no! (Hick) Please don't! Please... Ahh no!!!.."

*Bam! Thud!* "I'm sorry3x" *Bam3x*

He used his baseball bat to bash the head of a woman who's crawling in the ground begging for help. But he choose to ignored it, as he continues to bash her head up, as he cries in pain knowing he just killed his english literature teacher. As the blood splattered everywhere in his face and clothes, he didn't stop until her head was so badly beaten up, it turn into a bloody mashed potato. You could even see full well her brain when her skull was bashed open and her body twicthing.

*RroOaarr!*

*Aaahhhh! Run!*

"Fuck! Help me! kill the last one, before it could bite someone else again. Hurry!"

*Tap3x* " " *Bang! Thump! Bang2x* "Die! fuckin Die already!" *Bang!*

((Huh? Why is it so loud in here... Urgh! my head... hurt so bad... I feel so... dizzy...))

"(Huff..huff) Is it dead?"

"Yy...ess..."

"I mean dead, dead!"

*Kick!* (To confirm)

"Its dead alright!"

"The door! Is it fully secure?"

"It is secure for now but it wouldn't hold, for too long."

"Fuck! It's because of these two bastard luring it, in here!"

"Those fuckers are swarming outside the door, right now!"

*Stomp!3X* " " *halt* " " *Slap!*

((I heard someone getting slapped in the face... It must hurt so much...))

"Bitch! Why did you open the fuckin door and letting them in!"

"Hick! I'm sorry!"

"Your sorry doesn't bring back! The dead body, Jane!"

((I heard someone calling my name?....???))

"Hey! Now, it isn't her fault, okay."

((Or maybe not.))

*Punch!*

((And now I also heard someone getting punched... where am I?))

"No it's not just her fault, Its both of your fault and that piece of shit lying there, alright!"

((My eyelids are so heavy even my body ache everwhere, I couldn't see clearly... My vision is so blurry, right now... I may not see well but it seems, he is talking about me too?))

"Hey! Calm down Zack! Calm down."

"How can I calm down?! Because of them! Miss Jones is dead!. Dead you hear me! D E A D!, Dead!."

((Who are they talking about?.. Who's Zack and Miss Jones?....))

"Well if you'll open it, more sooner. We could have prevented all of this!"

"Say that again you fucker!"

"Well if you..."

"Quite! We don't need to fight, right now! Or blame someone for this unfortunate situation."

"But Mister Clark..." 

((Clark? Who?))

*glares*

"(Ahem) It is unfortunate that miss Jones had died but we must focus on our current situation and help each other get through this, together."

((Ehh! Who died?))

"We need to find solution to get out of here, for us to get a chance to go to the military camp, were it is safe. And the posibilities of us getting there is lowered, because there's no unity here!"

((Find solution?... Military camp?.... unity?))

"For now tend those who are injured and check these two if they're infected or not. When it is all settled down, we then gather in the center of the gym and come up with a plan to get out of here, Am I clear?!"

"Yes sir!"

"Good, now go!"

((Huh?! Where am I? (Sniff3x) Why do I smell blood and urine?... Why do I feel like my pants is wet?... Wait a minute! Did I pee myself?!!))

As Jean opens her eyes, she sees two worried faces of a boy and a girl that she doesn't recognize. She jumps up in surprise which results of her having a severe headache, as she touch her head, she felt a sticky liquid dripping out from back of her head and when she see it closely, it was actually her blood all along. 

((Weird? I don't recall my hands are these big, maybe it is swelling due to their prior accident...))

But her thoughts was quickly snap out of it, when she was then held by the two to lay her down back to rest and apply medicine on her head. At first she was stunned and confused because of all this messed up situation, which she couldn't yet process in her mind. But she was more embaressed when she learned that she wet her pants. 

((wait....pants? I wear a skirt... to school, right?....... *She brush her thoughts away for she had more pressing questions to ask someone that could answer her what happened*)).

"Where am I?" Still confused, Jean ask the girl in front of her.

((Wait, why is my voice sound so hoarse? *but Jean shakes her head and thought maybe she scream so loudly due to the car accident which cause her voice to sound deep like a boy on puberty.*)) 

"In the school gymnasium." Replied immediately by the girl with blonde hair and conspicuously with a red hand print across her right cheek.

((I already know that, Jean sarcastically rolls her eyes in her mind. She did not ask why the girl has a slap mark on her face but instead she still continue to ask the girl with questions pertaining to their situation.))

"Is the school opening ceremony finished?"

"Huh?" The girl looks at her with a dumbfounded look.

"I mean we're in a car accident earlier, right?. Why didn't the school get us to the hospital in the first place?! Why are we still here in the gym instead?!..." Jean confusedly ask while pointing her injured head and other students in the gym who are also injured too, like her.

"..."

"Hey! Didn't you hear me clearly?!" said Jean angrily while waving her right hand in front of the girl face to wake her up in her stupor state.

".............."

But the girl was still silent as she wore a more serious look than before. Then the guy with light brown hair almost closely to a blonde, he taps the girl shoulder as if to comfort her in some ways and said, "Maybe because his head is injured, he may forgot temporally what happened earlier and he is just confused, right now?."

*Jean glares at the guy*

((He?! Are you blind!?... who are you implying he? Hmmp!))

The guy then faced Jean with a serious look and said, "Do you not recall anything?"

"Ofcourse, I recall everything." Jean replies confidently.

The guy sigh in relief but Jean continues to say.

"We're in a car accident earlier. We are all riding the bus to go to school but was met with a tragic encounter (car accident). Luckily we all survived but why does the school doesn't send us to the hospital earlier are they running from their responsibilities?! Are they covering this up? If the news should get hold of t..."

Jean was cutoff by that guy, before she could finish her sentence. With a frustrating look he ask Jean again, "You seriously don't remember? Do you?."

"Yes! I do!"

"It's not about the car accident!... there's ....no car accident.... It is more severe than that!"

"What is more severe than a car accident?"

"Zombies..."

"(Pfft) hahaha zombies are you joking with me. THEE Zombies! who eat human flesh and walks weirdly while roaring randomly, are you'll fuckin with me?... Hey! Guys I'm a freakin zombie, roar heheheh... rOa.. ehh?" Jean couldn't finish her words when she noticed they're all eerily quite. 

*thump* 

"You'll jo...king, right? He..hee..he " Jean said in a stammering tone.

But when she look closely at his face, she stop laughing because even him and all the people that gathered inside the gym wore a serious look. Looking at her like she just killed their family and some even shivering with pure anger being bottled inside them, like they seriously want to hit her so badly but still has conscious to controlled themselves.

*gulp!*

The blonde girl sigh and said, "maybe he is just averting from reality and doesn't want to face the truth or either way he just so happens to have temporary amnesia due to him bumping his head on the floor earlier."

((Girl, really I don't have amnesia... I, perfectly remember what happened... *Jean retortedly rebukes in her mind*))

"Just great! That piece of shit just have, to have amnesia on a perfect day. What Luck did you have fodder! Do you want me to puch you in the face as a wake up call, do you?"

((Hey! Did he just call me, Fodder?.... how rude is this guy?... ((⊙•⊙!)) wait, did... he just threatingly said to he'll punch me in the face?! Is he even a man to punch a lady in the face? Holy crackers! ((TT ^ TT))...))

"Shut up! Zack, can't you see his already in a more pitiful situation!"

((=_=?)) ((Pitiful? Is she mocking me? Or helping me?... Now I'm totally lost and confused. What the hell is happening right now?!!..))

"Bitch! Did you just say shut up, right to my face!." Zack Shouts back angrily.

((-_____-)) ((what is the problem of this red headed, dude? Like seriously man. Chill out!))

"Zaack!" Said warningly by mister Clark.

"Tsk! I'll let it slide today, slut." Zack turn his back and shove someone who block his way and move away from them.

((Yeah! right, turn your petty whiny ass, you asshole! What a dick!))

"You two... (sigh) help this guy... just inform him about our situation maybe he'll slowly remember what happened." Replied by this 30 year old man with glasses and disheveled clothes, he then left to tend the other students.

((Eh? This teacher just left me here and just pass his responsibilities to these two students, who I don't even know?... He should atleast call the school doctor to check me out or either send us to a hospital... Is he stupid or crazy?... I'll sue him when I get home.))

*Tsk!*

The two look back at Jean when they heard him (tsk), at the teacher. The guy massage his head to alleviate the upcoming headache about Jean situation so he change his approach and ask Jean differently.

"Do you, know me?" He asked.

Jean was still puzzled why he ask as if she knows him. but instead she looks at his right chest in search for his name tag and said, "Your name is, Xander Fort." (Huh? Weird his name sound so familiar... Where did I heard of these name?)  

"Did you remember me?" Xander ask happily but Jean shatter his happy mood with her words.

"Nope! I just so happened to read your name on your shirt which coincidentally pinned right there for people to know who you are." Jean sarcastically said and rolls her eyes.

The guy frustratingly faced palm his face because of Jean current condition (amnesia) and also with his now new poisonous tongue, coupled with their dire situation of zombie swarm outside which made him speechles.

"(Sigh) Dion, you seriously don't remember anything." The guy  concludes and laments for Jean problematic situation.

"Eh? Who's Dion?"

The guy was beyond speechles now for Jean doesn't even know who he is which shows it is a severe case of amnesia.

"Seriously this nerd of a harry potter look alike, has the guts to have amnesia in this situation." The girl frustratingly said out of stress because of their situation and her patient was running out due to Jean. They couldn't afford taking care of someone in their situation were they have the hard time surviving by themselves, now the girl is starting to regret letting them in. 

((Nerd? Harry potter?... now I realize, I'm really wearing a big circular eyeglasses... Is that why she called me harry potter?))

"But my name isn't Dion... it's Jean, ya! hear me missy!"

"And now your using my name (pouts). Haiz! (The girl face palm her face too, out of frustration) For your information your name is Dion Griffin Akira and I'm Jane Hanna Blake not missy, okay."

"Let me remind you again, why are you? Calling me Dion again and again?." Jean frustratingly said.

Jean glares at Jane and Jane also glares back at Jean while Xander was in the middle of the cross fire of these two silent battle. 

((* >____>)) ((=________=)) ((<_______< *!))

You could see the girl named Jane burning with anger as her face reddens and veins starting to bulge as it pulse rappidly as she angrily said, "Oh, then what is the use of your name tag on your chest? Which says your name is Dion or Did you just happen to steal that tag to get here inside the school." Jane mockingly said.

Jean was then, went silent as she really observe her surroundings and takes the advice of what Jane had said. For she noticed this place is different from her school even the gym is different, this place is so unfamiliar to Jean yet also familiar which confused her thoughts.

She also realize that Jane was wearing a different school uniform design for girls. She was wearing a dark blue vest with white polo shirt inside and a red tie strap on her neck and she's also wearing a short skirt which is definitely banned from where her school came from. Even the boys uniform is different from what she remembered it to be. 

When Jean look at her body, she thought that Jane was right there's a name tag attach to her right chest that says my name is Dion. (Ehh? If I recall clearly my chest is not this flat like a chapping board at least there should be a small bump or I should be wearing a bra to mask that I don't actually have breast to begin with.)

As Jean further observe her body she realize she was actually wearing a boys uniform of this school which confuse her more for why she's wearing a boys uniform and why she is here. When she further look down in her legs she blushed, because it finally came to her that she wet her pants in front of everyone in the gym that particularly she lable them all as strangers. 

But she was so shock when she close her legs, she felt something that shouldn't be there in the first place. That made her blood drain from her face as she went so pale and frozen still on the spot.

When Jean fell silent all of a sudden and turns pale like he had seen a ghost, Jane thought maybe he was hurt by what she said earlier (which he doesn't actually). She felt guilty when she realize, she forgot that he did actually have amnesia. When she is so stressed about something or any situation she could spout hurtful words to anyone but it doesn't  justify her earlier action for insulting and mocking Jean so she said, "Sorry." And left to give him space to think. Even Xander left later to catch up with Jane as he finished informing Jean about their situation and what really happened and left him to digest all that information slowly.

But Jean was ever so silent from where she sat, not moving an inch like a person frozen in the snow or a person turning into a stone. Jean felt so numb she didn't realize Jane left and says sorry to her, she couldn't even hear what Xander said earlier before he left. It was just like, how a fly buzzing beside her ear and left as soon as it was finish annoying her.

When she came to her senses she thought.

((Where the hell, am I?!... Right now!))

((Where is this place? Who are these people?))

((Are there actually zombies?!))

((That would be stupid... these only happened in movies or in stories... silly...))

((If I remember clearly, I'm heading to my school riding the bus for the first time.))

((The bus I was riding today....... went out... of control....... and a big truck was coming from my side... I've been on a car accident that day or is it today?....))

((Maybe this is all a dream.... mmaybe I'm in a coma! Right! A coma... Maybe right now mom... dad, John.... Jess ... Jame and Jazz are waiting for me to wake up this instant!... I made them so worriedly sick... Oh no! The hospital bills will be skyscraping because of me... Sorry dad.....))

((I just need to wake up... Now I should close my eyes and shout in my mind "WAKE UP!"... 1...... 2 ...............3....))

Jean shouts loudly, "WAKE UP!" And open her eyes enthusiastically but she was still there. She mumbles while talking by herself and finding solution to wake herself from her dream right now.

But Jean doesn't realize the people inside the gym had branded him crazy because maybe he was to shock about the news and right now he is finding his ways to divert from reality. Some held pitiful gazes for his problematic condition while some are just purely annoyed because of his antics and Zack was one of the annoyed ones.

"Fuck it! I can't take it anymore." Zack angrily said and stands up from where he sat and approach Jean.

Jean was walking back and forth, and still thinking of ways to wake herself up.

((Ohh now I know, I just need someone to hit me for me to wake up... this shouldn't hurt because it is all but a dream but it will make my brain process to think... of a way to wake up due to the fright... I jus..))

Jean was then stop from her frantic walking from back and forth when Zack grab her up from her collar while shouting at her, "will you fuckin stop already!" He angrily said while shaking the heck out of her body like shaking out her spirit from her body.

But jean was too stunned and speechles to talk back at him.

((!? ⊙•⊙ ))\\((*_____*\\))

"Can't you see that everyone is stressed out already! Coupled, that with your current action your making the situation worse. Your not helping everyone so, SHUT THE HELL UP AND STAY PUT! Dammit!". Zack angrily said that in one breath, like he was in a rap battle with spit involve.

Jean disgustingly wipes the saliva out from her face as she annoyedly retorts back, "Alright Gramma! Calm your tits. Geeze!" She said all that without knowing the consequences.

*Punch!* 

((The fuck?! This guy really punched me.))

Jean was on her knees because of that punch, it hurts so much that brings her to tears, she couldn't fathom the upcoming assault after that.

((Wait!?... I felt hur..))

*Punch2x* " " *Kick* " " *Punch!*

"Hey! Break it up!... help me stop Zack from murdering this dude!"

5 male student approach Zack in attempt to stop him which backed fire because two of them got hit by him instead but still they succeed in holding him back away from Jean who almost pass out because of his assualt.

*Spit*

"I had enough of him! And his crazy antics. Let me punch him more to wake him up!... and back to his senses.... its enough that the world is turning crazy because of these funkin zombies! but him has the gall to become crazy right this moment!... is pushing my buttons!" Zack spat angrily as he struggle to get free to get back at Jean.

"(Sigh) Zack, I know your frustrated but don't take it out on this poor student." Clark said as he massage his forehead because of the stress keep on piling up.

"Tsk."

"Your not the only one frustrated in this situation all of us are." 

But Zack just lowers his head not minding what Mr. Clark had said.

*Bang3x* " " *RrOoaArRrr!* " " *Bang! GgRrrr..*

"............." Everyone went silent and Mr. Clark continue to say.

"(Sigh) After 10 minutes, we'll gather up in the center to discuss what we should do from now on and come up with a plan to escape. As you can see the door couldn't hold on forever we must make haste!"

Everyone just nods and left, only leaving Jean curled up on the floor in agony while Xander and Jane by her side tending to her wounds.  Mr. Clark approach Jean and bends down to talk to her, "I know you're confused, right now Dion but we couldn't afford more conflict. You must suck it up and be a man or you don't make it." Said Mr. Clark to make Jean understand their dire situation, he doesn't have time to babysit one student when all the student inside is also in his responsibilities. After he said that, he then left.

"You shouldn't provoke Zack, Dion." Xander said to reprimand Jean actions.

Jane amusedly says, "Man! Nerd I thought your cool for a sec... but until Zack whoops your as..."  

Jean cut her off by saying, "Please, leave me alone."

"Bu.."

"Please..." Jean beggingly said.

"Jane let's just leave him alone..." Xander sadly said.

As the two left her,  Jean was still curled up on the floor. She touch her swollen cheek and the blood on her busted lips and it still sting.

*hiss*

((I felt that punch... that Zack could punch the heck out of me... and it hurts.))

((This isn't a dream...))

((This is real all along..))

((Then who's body am I occupying?))

((Did I die?))

((Did I possess someone else body like the movie about exorcism?))

((What happened to my family? Are they alright?.... are they crying when they learn, I'm already dead?... are they coping when I'm gone?))

((Then again where the hell am I?!))

.....................

...........

......

...

.

TO BE CONTINUED 

HoHoHo! Dear readers its your weird author here. Just wanna remind that I'm still drawing the other character's in this story but I already finish drawing Jean character if you wanna see you could just comment below and I shall follow your request.

Dang! It's already April 30, 2020, time passes by so quickly I still wanna chill in my cozy bed but duty calls and I am oblige. Worry not this novel still continues and I really appreciate those people who still read my story so THANK YOU and MAY GOD BLESS YOU'LL! 

3