4 – Desert Racers and onward to Ingrian. – Edited!
1k 4 26
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

4 – Desert Racers and onward to Ingrian.

 

Thud thud thud

The Desert Racers kicked up sand as they made their way towards the caravan.

*Kree* *Kree*

Eve took off for the nearest desert racer knocking it back with a kick. *Kree!* Startled the other Desert racers backed away while three took off towards the caravan. Eve speeds off to the catch the Desert racers that headed for the caravan but another gets in her way causing her to collide into it and trip. *Krek!* Eve frowned, from what she heard about Desert racers they don't attack people they just scavenge. she did not want to kill them if she had to just give them a few light taps and chase them away.

The Desert Racer that Eve had collided with and the one she had kicked earlier both stand up shaking off the sand from their frills.

Eve:"Shoo you pests!"

Eve ducks past the Desert Racers blocking her path and heads for the caravan. Eve performs a split kick sending two of the desert racers flying away. As the last one reaches the caravan it is pinned down by 3 spears. *Kreeeee* Eve winces as the Desert racer falls to the ground dead. (Eve:"Its sad that it had to die but it would not be right to force them to give up their lively hood for the desert racers.")

Eve:"I will just have to make sure to drive off the rest of them!"

Even with this commitment Eve was still unsure how to do that. If she puts any more energy in driving off the desert racers she may just end up giving them an Injury. In the harsh desert they may be better off dead than suffering to death from an injury.

Eve tosses back the 2 Desert racers that she kicked back to the rest of them. (Eve: "maybe I can try that... I am still not sure how to use my powers but maybe there is something that can help me drive them away?)

*Kree* x5

Suddenly 5 of the desert racers sprint off for the caravan!

Eve: "shoot!"

Eve dashes out kicks off a desert racer into another then another sending them to the side then sprints off after the other 2.

Eve tackles one but the other slips by the be skewered *Kreeeeee!* fortunately the others are more cautious as their charges have not been working.

Harkin: "What are you doing?! Why are you not killing them."

Eve: "They are just trying to survive like the rest of us! all I need to do is drive them away!"

Harkin:*Tisk*"Turn your spears around drive them away with the pummel."

Rex & Alma: "Yes sir!"

Eve stares off at the rest of the Desert Racers. (Eve: "come on Eve thank! you can figure this out... how do you drive away scavengers?)

*Kree* x8

All of the 8 Desert racers begin to charge at the caravan

Eve: "Ah! will it work?"

Eve places her hands together and focuses she begins to project an image of a swarm of the sand worms she encountered earlier at the Desert Racers all 4 desert racers come to a halt *Kreeee!* they turn around and take off and run for the desert.

Eve sinks down into the sand with a plop and breaths out a sigh

Eve: "Phew. I'm glad that worked!"

Neesha runs out and hugs Eve

Neesha: "Big sis Eve what did you do? they all took off!"

Eve: "I let them see an illusion of a bunch of sand worms so they would get scared! I figured they would be afraid of the natural predators! "

Neesha: "Sand worms? ... oh! Sand reapers! big sis seen sand reapers up close? they are scary!"

Harkin gives Eve a look and mutters "Sand Reapers..." the reason no one goes out into the desert sands and simply follows the cliffs is mostly because the Sand reapers can suddenly come out of nowhere and take a life. going out into the softer sands is simply too reckless! than again from when Eve came running at the caravan she did come from the soft sands.

Claret comes out from the other side of the wagon,

Claret: "Alright I think we should all eat then get ready to move to Ingrain. we have the soup ready. Harkin, Rex would you 2 dears go and dismantle the Desert racers while Alma comes and helps me serve the soup?"

Harkin: "Yes Miss Claret!"

Rex:"mhn"

Rex grunts in affirmation.

Alma skips off behind the wagon and sets her spear against it on the way.

Alma: "I'm coming Claret!"

Marsh walks out to Eve and Neesha

Marsh: "Thank you again for helping drive away those desert racers! how can I help repay you?"

Eve looks down at her self and thinks for a moment.

Eve: "Ah maybe some clothes! you all probably think it weird of me to be out running around nude hehe!"

Rex, Harkin, Marsh and Neesha all go red in their cheeks. they had not thought about it but this strange girl called Eve has been naked the whole time. at-least her fir covers it up well enough.

Marsh: "Ah right! well, I don't have spare clothes but I do have a shawl you can wear to cover up in."

Neesha is looking extremely red seeing as she is currently hugging Eve lets go and takes a step back.

Neesha: "Sorry big sister I was not thinking!"

Eve Smiles and gives Neesha a wink.

Eve:"Never mind it your a good kid Neesha!"

Harkin mutters:"The pervert shouldn't be hugging the little miss without clothes on!"

Eve's ears twitch Harkin probably did not mean for her to hear but she choose to ignore it.

Marsh rushes back with a purple and red shawl cape and hands it Eve who places it over her shoulders, the shawl goes down to her knees and reminds Eve of the time when she played superhero with her blanket as a kid.

Eve:"Thanks Marsh! it looks pretty!"

Marsh:"I put a few coins in the inner picket so you can buy some clothes in Ingrian. feel free to use them as you see fit."

Neesha gets up and hugs Eve again now that she has clothes its OK right?

Neesha:"Big sis Eve looks pretty!"

Alma comes out and sets out the table while Claret brings out a few bowls while Alma rushes back to get the rest of the bowls.

Claret:"Our breakfast is ready! we have Rock lizard soup with noodles."

Eve looked over the food while she still did not feel hungry she decided to join the rest of the group and have some soup.

Taking the spoon to her mouth Rock lizard had an interesting taste, somewhere between chicken and beef.

Eve: "This is delicious Claret! Thank you for sharing!"

Claret:"Thank you for looking after Neesha! she can be a handful and get into all sorts of mischief when not looking!"

Neesha puffs her cheeks "Mom... I'm not that bad! I only broke 2 pens so far this journey and tore the map once!"

Claret: "Neesha you know you're not supposed to touch the pens! You're not allowed to use the ink!"

Neesha sulks and mutters "not much else to do on our journey.."

Eve chuckles...

after breakfast Neesha helps pack up the table.

Eve: "Can I come along with you all to the city? I want to see new places!"

Harkin: "Doubt you would be let in the gate!"

Marsh: "Hmm I will see what I can do, you should be allowed in with my word.

Eve: "Thank you Marsh! and you too Harkin! thanks for your concern!"

Harken sighs and blushes with slightly and mutters "dumb mutt. Can't even understand an insult."

Did not think I would write Harken as a Tsundere.

*shrugs*

oh and No shipping Neesha and Eve their relationship is more aunt and niece

:P

26