9 – Hunter’s Lodge
661 6 22
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.
Its finally finished! Between headaches, borderlands 3, reading other novels, and procrastination I finally have another chapter out! Please Enjoy!

9 - Hunter's Lodge

 

The Hunter's Lodge was not how Eve expected it to be. If comparing it to an adventurer's guild the lodge was more of a craftsman workshop where carcasses of a variety of different animals were processed. There were tanners stretching animal skins over racks, butchers processing the meats and the bone carvers she had been looking to find. Eve counted around 6 beastkin which was more than she had seen so far in the city. 

(Eve: "With this many beastkin, I doubt ill get as many stares here.")

Contrary to Eve's thoughts most of the lodge stopped to stare at Eve. Even for beastkin Eve's eyes and fur were an unusual sight. (Eve: "Guess not!") Eve smiled to herself clearly loving the attention. 

Bearkin Woman: "Alright apprentices we have a quota to reach, No time for slacking! The merchant will be by at noon and we still need at least 7 more of the hides by then."

A large bearkin woman leaves her tanning rack to greet the 2 who just entered the lodge. The woman has well-toned muscles shown out of her cut-off shirt and a work apron with several pockets holding tools. she stands about a good 6 foot tall which matches Eve if you did not count Eve's ears. Back when she was Adam she stood at 6 feet and 4 inches, even though Eve thanks smaller girls are better she only reduced her hight for her ideal image by 4 inches. Her ideal self being a tall Valkyrie like woman even if she is a catgirl. Coincidently another reason people stared at her in town was her height.

Lussa: "Hi mama!"

Bearkin Woman: "Hello, My name is Orissa. I see you met my daughter Lussa. Lussa! did you finish chopping furewood?"

Lussa: "Ah! Lussa forgot!"

As Lussa is about to run off again Eve holds onto her hand.

Eve: "Wait a moment! Lussa did you forget that you were going to introduce me to a bone carver? Also, you just got out of almost having a log land on top of you. Are you just going to go out again and do the same?"

Orissa looks concerned.

Orissa: "I thought you finally got over trying to chop logs that are too big Lussa! I have not seen you mess up in 2 weeks why did you forget now?"

Lussa: "Ahh! Lussa also forgot she is supposed to make logs smaller furst!"

Orissa sighs.

Orissa: "We will have to talk again about this later Lussa! Greetings again miss, So from the conversation earlier you're looking for a bone carver correct? Unfortunately today everyone is extremely busy at the moment and would not have the time to handle requests."

Eve: "Oh... well, anything I can help with? Maybe if we get done faster someone will have time to help me then?"

Orissa gives this some thought...

Orissa: "What do you think Lussa? Is our guest Eve reliable."

Lussa: "Nnn! Miss Cat is super reliable!"

Orissa lets out a sigh before examining Eve again.

Orissa: "Alright, Well we need the food taken to the hunter's camp, you can find it by following the trail along this side of the river that ran through the city. The camp can be located by following the second fork in the path away from the river. Come into the back ill show you what to take."

In the back room Orissa gave Eve a large pot that can be carried like a pack over the back and a few baskets of fruits, bread, and cheese before giving Eve a concerned look.

Orissa: "It's not too heavy is it? you know you have to carry that quite far right...?"

Eve's smile reaches her closed eyes before replying with a pose.

Eve: "No worries! this much is nothing! I could probably carry 10 times the amount without any issue!"

Orissa: "Hmm..." Orissa examines Eve again and smiles "It's as you said Lussa! Super reliable! Lussa why don't you got with 'Miss Cat' and make sure she does not get lost on the way to the hunter's camp."

Lussa: "Unn! Unn! Super reliable! Lussa go with miss cat!"

As the 2 were leaving the lodge Orissa calls out to the pair.

Orissa: "Eve, Make sure Lussa does not eat the food it's meant for the hunters! Lussa we will have your food ready back at the lodge when you get back."

Lussa just stares at the food with her finger to her mouth.

Orissa: "Lussa!"

Lussa: "Ah! Lussa understands!"

Orissa: "Good! Then have a safe trip!"

On the way to the hunter camp, Lussa asked Eve around 20 times for food. Each time Lussa was refused her ears would turn down in disappointment and eventually Eve caved in and gave her a bit of bread and cheese.

Eve: "No more than that! Your mom would be angry at me if I spoiled your lunch!"

Lussa: "Yay!" Nom. nom. "Thank you miss cat!" Lussa smiles showing off her sharp teeth.

The hunter's camp looked more like what Eve would of expected a bandit camp to look like. the whole thing was covered with a wall of logs sharpened at the top. When they arrived at the gates they and finished handing out the food to the guards when a hunter came running into the camp covered in wounds.

Hunter: "Send for help! A monster came from the deep woods! Toby was caught and Garm stayed behind to hold it off!"

Lussa: "Papa!"

Lussa took off in the direction the hunter came from following a scent familiar to her.

Eve: "Lussa wait! Go inform the Lodge, I'll chase after Lussa!"

After receiving an acknowledgment from a hunter Eve ran off chasing after the quickly disappearing bearkin girl.

Nooooo! Cliff! why are you always so evil person named Cliff!

Well I am still writing hopefully this next chapter will be out today and then you won't have to worry about an evil person named Cliff!

22