5 – Ingrian’s Customs – Edited!
870 2 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

5 - Ingrian's Customs

 

After breakfast, Claret and Marsh moved to the front seat of the wagon with Neesha hopping onto the back.

Neesha: "Eve! come sit with me!"

Smiling to Neesha Eve hopped beside her in the back before lifting her up and setting her on her lap. This prompted a delightful giggle from Neesha. With a quick call out and tap of the reigns, marsh got the caravan moving along the canyon path.

The trip to Ingrian was uneventful. Neesha bombarded Eve with several questions about her which Eve while the others in the caravan would peek over curious to hear Eve's answers. Eve mostly answered with a quick "hmm... I'm not sure!" or "Neesha is so cute!" followed by either a hug or giving her a quick pat on the head. Neesha while a bit put off by not having her questions she did not stop as she was clearly enjoying the attention. From time to time a fish would hop out of the river alongside the road distracting Eve's attention from the conversation. Every time this happened Eve's tail would wag excitedly. 

 

The questions that Neesha has been asking Eve about herself also got her wondering about certain things about herself as well. Eve noticed that despite not having Slept for a whole day she is still not feeling tired. The only time she had felt tired was back during the few hours before morning when she was sprinting across the desert.

 

Neesha: "So Eve! do you like math!?"

(What an odd topic for a kid to bring up! Neesha has so much love for arithmetic as expected of a peddler's daughter!)

Eve: "hmm... I used to be very good at math but forgot everything since I have little use for it."

Eve looked upwards towards the sky while pondering the question she noticed a tower of stone brick on the cliff. Seeing what looks like a soldier on the tower stare wide-eyed at her Eve smiled and waved to the man. 

Noticing this Marsh looks up to the tower.

Marsh: "It looks like we are close to the city now the entrance should be just around the next corner."

 

Hearing this eve turns her attention forward. After the caravan rounds the corner a wooden gate comes into view with 2 other carts in line being reviewed by soldiers with spears before the gate is opened and the cart in front is let trough. Several of the soldiers notice her and stare at her wide-eyed before Eve smiles and waves to them. Seeing this one of the soldiers says something to the other and heads back to the gate. After some time the soldier comes back followed by another in a more decorated uniform. 

 

The Captian as whom one of the soldiers addressed him as, looks over to Eve before facing Marsh.

Captian: "Marsh its good to see your caravan made it here without any troubles!"

Marsh: "Good morning Captian Keith! Thank you for your concern, we ran into a group of desert racers in the morning but our new friend Eve here helped run them off."

Hearing this Eve smiles and waves to the Captian. 

Eve: "Hi! my name is Eve! Good morning!"

Hearing this the captain was startled, mostly from doubts about Eve's origin and how she can speak the language so fluently. The captain had traveled many places in his youth and encountered several beastkin but never seen one so covered in fir and having such strong animalistic traits. This left the captain with many questions on her tribe of origin.

Marsh: "Keith, I know she does not have any identification but Eve has taken an interest in visiting Ingrian. Could you bring her along and help sort out the paperwork I can vouch for her character if it is needed."

Keith nods hearing this and waves to Eve.

Keith: "Eve, would you mind coming along with me and we can work out the details inside."

Eve: "Certainly! Marsh you can go ahead ill look for you in town after I get some shopping done!"

Eve follows Keith into the building where she sits down across the table from Keith and gives him a warm smile.

Keith: "So Eve what brings you to Ingrian?"

Eve: "I'm looking to move in and settle down and work for at least a few months maybe more!"

Keith: "I see, what kind of work do you plan to do in town."

Eve: "I plan to be an Adventurer!"

Keith looks over to eve confused? Adventurer? 

Keith: "I am not sure what you mean miss Eve, do you plan to be a mercenary or caravan guard?"

Eve: "Well I thought I would just join the Adventurer Guild and take requests like gathering herbs or bring back monster parts!"

Keith: "What's an Adventurer guild?"

Eve: "An organization that posts requests and rewards for completing them... does this city not have one?"

Keith was stunned he had never heard of this kind of thing.

Keith: "I have never heard of that kind of concept before. The only thing that sounds familiar is a few of the hunting lodges that gather pelts or herbs but I have not heard this style of posting requests. Maybe you can try with the hunting lodge if you're looking for work? Now Miss Eve, can you tell me a bit about where you are from or your tribe? I haven't seen many beastkin who look like you do."

Eve gave this some thought. She really does not have a tribe. In the end Eve decided that she would simply tell him as the truth minus the details of being from another world and simply let him make his own assumptions.

Eve: "Well I came from out in the desert outside the entrance to the canyon. My tribe... well let's just say they are just like any else living in houses doing what they can to keep entertained or working to provide food for their families!

The desert stretches for hundreds of miles there are so many places that have not been explored but its mostly just sand dunes and desert reapers out in the softer sands. No one heads out there as spears cant pierce the thick skins of the desert reapers most groups would be harassed to death if they tried. Keith began imagining what kind of tribe could live out past the soft sands. Maybe they have a city out there somewhere. Not sure why he has not seen more of her tribe if there is one.

Keith: "Can you tell me the name of your tribe?"

Hearing this Eve just shrugs and says "Irish I guess?"

Nodding to Eve's answer Keith writes this down on his parchment. 

Keith: "Well Miss Eve, there should be no problem letting you into the city with Marsh's endorsement. First we will need to make sure you understand the laws of this city. Murder is prohibited unless in self-defense. I would ask that you avoid such a route and if you find yourself in this kind of situation you approach the guards. Second, Do not steal from others in town if you need anything while here I suggest you purchase from one of the stores or the stalls. Third, Causing fights and disrupting the order of the city will earn you a day or two in the stocks. Please keep everything civil. Fourth, do not cause a ruckus at night in the residential areas. That kind of behavior is reserved for the taverns and bars in the commercial side of the city. Do you need me to go over any of these rules in more detail?

Eve: "No these rules are rather straightforward and should not be a problem!"

Keith: "That's good! Well Miss Eve, Welcome to Ingrian!"

Well there is no Adventurer Guild here!

Sorry for all of you looking forward to Adventure Guild Cliches!

25